DNA tests are in the works for separated migrant children and parents

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Re: DNA tests are in the works for separated migrant children and parents

Post by engineczar » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:18 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:29 pm
engineczar wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:43 am
It's very important if you care about children. Only an idiot would try to put a Kindergarten angle to it. Child trafficking laws have been in place for a long time and all Trump is doing is enforcing them just like Obama did for the previous 8 years. It's pretty doubtful that people involved in child trafficking are taking the time to enroll the children in kindergarten.
Ever consider my point went over your head? That is my guess because you apparently felt no need to ask for an explanation vs going right for the "idiot" label,
Typical.
^^^^^^^^^^
This is the new canned response from the local trolls. "My dumbass response was so profound it went over your HEAD" . The reality is that it was JUST a dumbass response. TYPICAL.

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:23 pm

engineczar wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:18 pm
j-c-c wrote:
engineczar wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:43 am
It's very important if you care about children. Only an idiot would try to put a Kindergarten angle to it. Child trafficking laws have been in place for a long time and all Trump is doing is enforcing them just like Obama did for the previous 8 years. It's pretty doubtful that people involved in child trafficking are taking the time to enroll the children in kindergarten.
Ever consider my point went over your head? That is my guess because you apparently felt no need to ask for an explanation vs going right for the "idiot" label,
Typical.
^^^^^^^^^^
This is the new canned response from the local trolls. "My dumbass response was so profound it went over your HEAD" . The reality is that it was JUST a dumbass response. TYPICAL.
most of his post's fall under the idiot or dumbass category. he does make a valiant effort at impressing himself , but comes up a bit short impressing others.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:50 pm

lefty o wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:23 pm
engineczar wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:18 pm
j-c-c wrote:

Typical.
^^^^^^^^^^
most of his post's fall under the idiot or dumbass category. he does make a valiant effort at impressing himself , but comes up a bit short impressing others.
And what motivation could I possibly have to impress you?

Don't flatter yourself.

Still can't form a thoughtful question, I see. :lol:

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:04 am

and you still cant form an intelligent response.

enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:34 am

"DNA tests are in the works for separated migrant children and parents"

That might prove problematic, as fully 80% of these young people are not traveling with their parents anyway. Most are either unaccompanied or paired up with whomever the human traffickers chose for them. The idea being to take advantage of US immigration policy not to immediately deport adults with children...... And then disappear into the interiour of America and never show up for their hearing as was the case under the priour administration.

That's why activist 'judges' are attempting to force ICE to put these young people together with the adults they were paired with faster that DNA tests can be performed...... For if it becomes public knowledge that the great majority of these young people were not in fact separated from their parents by US border enforcement...... The left-biased media will lose what they obviously consider to be an important 'talking point' (AKA 'lie').

Just sayin'......

Harry

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:38 am

enigma57 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:34 am

That might prove problematic, as fully 80% of these young people are not traveling with their parents anyway. Most are either unaccompanied or paired up with whomever the human traffickers chose for them. The idea being to take advantage of US immigration policy not to immediately deport adults with children...... And then disappear into the interiour of America and never show up for their hearing as was the case under the priour administration.

That's why activist 'judges' are attempting to force ICE to put these young people together with the adults they were paired with faster that DNA tests can be performed...... For if it becomes public knowledge that the great majority of these young people were not in fact separated from their parents by US border enforcement...... The left-biased media will lose what they obviously consider to be an important 'talking point' (AKA 'lie').

Just sayin'......

Harry
So ware do you get your information on what exactly is happening at the border ?

rebelrouser
Pro
Pro

Post by rebelrouser » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:24 pm

I have nothing against strong borders and enforcing laws, but give me a break, what rocket scientist decided separating children from parents was going to improve anything? Now lets look at this issue from a practical side, how much does it cost the tax payers to give 6,000 dna tests, parents and children, and we transported thousands of kids across the country. Who set up this program with no paper trail to reunite these families? So now we have more millions being wasted, a public relations disaster for republicans, and what does Trump have to show for it? That he is a strong man? Why didn't they just build some camps on the border warehouse the people until they got their day in court, which is the law, and deport them as needed. Hire some more judges, which Trump publicly refused to do, and speed up the process. I think it shows the knee jerk and no planning policies Trump and his appointees are pushing. Waste, corruption, and manmade disasters, are what we are getting for our tax dollars.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:56 pm

rebelrouser wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:24 pm
I have nothing against strong borders and enforcing laws, but give me a break, what rocket scientist decided separating children from parents was going to improve anything? Now lets look at this issue from a practical side, how much does it cost the tax payers to give 6,000 dna tests, parents and children, and we transported thousands of kids across the country. Who set up this program with no paper trail to reunite these families? So now we have more millions being wasted, a public relations disaster for republicans, and what does Trump have to show for it? That he is a strong man? Why didn't they just build some camps on the border warehouse the people until they got their day in court, which is the law, and deport them as needed. Hire some more judges, which Trump publicly refused to do, and speed up the process. I think it shows the knee jerk and no planning policies Trump and his appointees are pushing. Waste, corruption, and manmade disasters, are what we are getting for our tax dollars.
And what makes you think they are the parents they are separated from? They might be the abusers that they have been separated from. Your a typical zero common sense Marxist communist demoncrat you lack simple thought process as do all your fellow demoncrats.

woody b
Guru
Guru

Post by woody b » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:03 pm

rebelrouser wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:24 pm
.........................................................Waste, corruption, and manmade disasters, are what we are getting for our tax dollars.
Obama is no longer President. The waste, corruption and manmade disasters are being exposed now.

I need to add, the fact that pretty much everyone is missing. Families who come to the US legally don't get separated at the border.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:38 am
enigma57 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:34 am

Just sayin'......

Harry
So ware do you get your information on what exactly is happening at the border ?
I live in Texas a half hour drive North of a sanctuary city, Firedome8. 4th largest city in the US. Dealing with illegals (both those who are here working and keeping out of trouble and those who are MS-13 gang members and others who commit violent crimes) is a part of daily life here. Also have family members who live in border towns to our South.

Regarding the statistics you asked about...... The stats are fluid, changing from year to year and month to month and are different for apprehensions from various countries of origin as well, but you can find them if you go to US Border Patrol website and compare the numbers......

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files ... 20FY16.pdf

80% is a round figure. For instance, pull up the pdf file above and scroll all the way down. You will note that for fiscal year 2016 (country of origin Mexico) there were 3,481 illegal alien children (defined as under 18 years of age) apprehended who were accompanied by a family member, whereas there were 11,926 illegal alien children who were unaccompanied. So in the case of Mexico, there were 3.42 unaccompanied illegal alien children for each illegal alien child who was accompanied by a family member. Rather dramatic numbers if looked at separately. However when you use the figures for El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico together (same time period), you have an average between them all of 79.6% illegal alien children apprehended at the border who were unaccompanied. So round to 80%.

Regarding the 'catch and release' policy of the former administration and illegals taking advantage of it to disappear into the interiour of America and never show up for their hearing...... You may find mention of that in this Homeland Security document......

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/02/15/una ... -catch-and

Best regards,

Harry

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:41 pm

Good post Harry. Glad to have you back in this section of the forum. :D

enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:41 pm

:D Thanks, Allen! Just stopped by for a while. Every now and then, I will think of something that I feel is worth mention. Something that no one seems to be discussing at the moment. Or perhaps a subject that is being discussed, but only one side is being presented.

I never attempt to change anyone's mind. Always respect the opinions of others even if I strongly disagree. Just want to make sure both sides of a subject worth discussing are presented so others will have both sides to consider when they form their own opinions.

Best regards,

Harry

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:03 am

lefty o wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:04 am
Please explain how you would know?

That's not a fair question. Sorry. Its not your fault.

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:45 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:03 am
lefty o wrote:

maybe you should go back and read, as you obviously failed to comprehend what was said. its ok, we know your a little slow!

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:13 am

lefty o wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:45 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:03 am
lefty o wrote:

maybe you should go back and read, as you obviously failed to comprehend what was said. its ok, we know your a little slow!
Repeat. #-o