Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Re: Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

Post by RevTheory » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:22 am

You tell me. It's you that's on the wrong side of history here.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:40 am

RevTheory wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:22 am
Really?

Dunning-Kruger effect? #-o

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:46 am

mitch wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:46 am
mk e wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:04 am
Yup, wage inflation, goods inflation, flat stock market.....all the signs are pointing strongly to a Rump recession taking shape and should be official in the next 12-18 months.
That is probably what you are hoping for. ...
I'm not hoping for it, I'm expecting it. Big difference and hopefully I am wrong....but I'm expecting it.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:56 am

j-c-c wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:40 am
RevTheory wrote:
Really?

Whatever wikipedia and your thesaurus makes you feel better is a-ok with me. Ever looked into a mirror and evaluated your positions from the other side? I highly doubt it.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Looks like these are low paying jobs that are STILL low paying after this increase. =D> #-o

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:33 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:05 pm
Looks like these are low paying jobs that are STILL low paying after this increase. =D> #-o
When was the last minimum wage increase? 2009?

The manufacturing jobs where I work start at I think $10/yr......the same as where I worked 25 years ago. Lower end job wages have been going down in most place in corrected $$.

But low end wages always tick up a bit right before a recession eased the gain.....we're due.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:10 pm

mk e wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:33 pm
sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:05 pm
When was the last minimum wage increase? 2009?

The manufacturing jobs where I work start at I think $10/yr......the same as where I worked 25 years ago. Lower end job wages have been going down in most place in corrected $$.

But low end wages always tick up a bit right before a recession eased the gain.....we're due.
And why should there be such a thing as a minimum wage?

The labor market, just like any other market commodity, is driven by supply and demand.
Why should anyone pay more for a commodity than it is worth?

I'm fed up with under-educated, under-motivated, low skilled types who think they are worth $15/hr, or more.
Simply because they spend a lot does not mean they are worth a lot.

That goes for middle-aged engineers who have not kept up with technology as well.
Just because I want it does not mean I am entitled to it.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:32 pm

Yes like the rest of you Marxists I just mailed away for it, looks good.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:43 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:56 am
j-c-c wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:40 am
RevTheory wrote:
Really?

Whatever wikipedia and your thesaurus makes you feel better is a-ok with me. Ever looked into a mirror and evaluated your positions from the other side? I highly doubt it.
1. And you doubt wrong.
2. A partial reason I hang out here, is in the chance I might have overlooked, misunderstood, miscalculated, missed, etc some pertinent concept with merit that other members may bring to my attention for consideration.
3. So far, it's been pretty bleak on logical civil alternative explanations, no matter how many times I ask, and point it out. #-o

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:45 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:43 pm
1. And you doubt wrong.
2. A partial reason I hang out here, is in the chance I might have overlooked, misunderstood, miscalculated, missed, etc some pertinent concept with merit that other members may bring to my attention for consideration.
3. So far, it's been pretty bleak on logical civil alternative explanations, no matter how many times I ask, and point it out. #-o
[/quote]

Ummm, no, you're here in hopes of finding someone who agrees with you. I'm sure there are plenty of Soros-funded platforms out there where you're free to bitch and moan and scream at the clouds and pretend to be intellectually superior and blame Donald Trump for the earth being a sphere and God only know what else.

Again, you're on the wrong side of history.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:34 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:45 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:43 pm
1. And you doubt wrong.
Ummm, no, you're here in hopes of finding someone who agrees with you. I'm sure there are plenty of Soros-funded platforms out there where you're free to bitch and moan and scream at the clouds and pretend to be intellectually superior and blame Donald Trump for the earth being a sphere and God only know what else.

Again, you're on the wrong side of history.
[/quote]
So reading minds is your specialty, how interesting.
Actually, one can learn a lot from those with different view points, like here, those that can read other's minds.
See you reviewed the Wiki link, but have already dismissed it, maybe it went over your head?
As a tip of my hat to Dunning-Kruger, I'm not certain. (that's an inside joke BTW) :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E ... ger_effect

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:16 am

If you learned something you would not be fighting for Marxism /demoncratisim jcc. I guess you are not capable of learning.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:45 am

j-c-c wrote:
exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:23 am
College ? Lets see, but first things were different in my day. I started in kindergarten doing girl stuff, the teacher was a girl / woman.
Then all through grade school same thing, there was some science taught but very minimal, yes and reading writing rithmatic.
Lots of social studies and English etc. Shop classes in highschool was nice finally something I liked in school.
So then what is college like? If you go into some sort of engineering when do you take the relevant courses? Year 2 or 3? And of course the instructor is sitting there with you helping all the way, correct? Or do you have to do your OWN studying? Oh and then of course now it is a conform to our religion deal as well or you will be beat up and or ostracized. All a degree says is you have conformed and are now employable, it doesn't mean you know a thing. I know this for a fact I know a millennial with 2 degree's and that person is a know nothing, doesn't know the meaning of many words amongst other things. I have worked with fresh engineers that were know nothings as well, so tell me more about a degree?
You don't have one?
I don't.. and could probably net worth you out ten times over, on the low end... that also goes for all the disgruntled, degree waving engineers on here too...

You should take the effort you put into your tall forehead long winded crap and get a job that requires lip service... like telemarketing, where people buy your shyt just to get you off the phone

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:58 am

gmrocket wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:45 am
j-c-c wrote:
exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:23 am
College ? Lets see, but first things were different in my day. I started in kindergarten doing girl stuff, the teacher was a girl / woman.
Then all through grade school same thing, there was some science taught but very minimal, yes and reading writing rithmatic.
Lots of social studies and English etc. Shop classes in highschool was nice finally something I liked in school.
So then what is college like? If you go into some sort of engineering when do you take the relevant courses? Year 2 or 3? And of course the instructor is sitting there with you helping all the way, correct? Or do you have to do your OWN studying? Oh and then of course now it is a conform to our religion deal as well or you will be beat up and or ostracized. All a degree says is you have conformed and are now employable, it doesn't mean you know a thing. I know this for a fact I know a millennial with 2 degree's and that person is a know nothing, doesn't know the meaning of many words amongst other things. I have worked with fresh engineers that were know nothings as well, so tell me more about a degree?
You don't have one?
I don't.. and could probably net worth you out ten times over, on the low end... that also goes for all the disgruntled, degree waving engineers on here too...

You should take the effort you put into your tall forehead long winded crap and get a job that requires lip service... like telemarketing, where people buy your shyt just to get you off the phone
How much was your honor/integrity worth in compiling your net worth you are so proud of, while we are comparing "whose is bigger"? #-o

That was a "No" on a college degree, to be clear?

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:07 am

j-c-c wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:58 am
gmrocket wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:45 am
j-c-c wrote:

You don't have one?

How much was your honor/integrity worth in compiling your net worth you are so proud of, while we are comparing "whose is bigger"? #-o

That was a "No" on a college degree, to be clear?
Pretty funny higher wages earned cant be from honor or integrity,,it must have been stolen. but higher wages mandated by minimum wage government legislation is not? That's steeling from the many, to give to the few... your a robin hood fan?

Does the government wipe your azz for you too?

Put your big boy pants on so you can get some personal satisfaction from doing things on your own... instead of waiting for the guvment to rescue your sorry arse
Last edited by gmrocket on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.