Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8487
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:20 pm

"Labor shortages are raising wages in a variety of blue-collar jobs, says Glassdoor, a recruitment and wage-tracking company.
“With the economy running hot, we’re finally starting to see pay raises for many of America’s lowest-paying jobs,” said a July 2 statement from the firm:
According to data from Glassdoor, jobs with the fastest pay growth in June included e-commerce roles such as warehouse associate (up 6.8 percent to $43,961 per year), material handler (5.1 percent to $36,179 per year) and truck driver (up 7.3 percent to $54,659 per year), as well as several lower-paying jobs including retail key holder (4.9 percent to $29,746 per year), security officer (4.7 percent to $35,554 per year) and bank teller (8.1 percent to $31,108 per year).
Wages for cashiers rose by 3.4 percent over the prior 12 months."

https://www.breitbart.com/big-governmen ... t-economy/

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2784
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:00 pm

Income gap widening , while blue collar is awarded token scraps long overdue.

Keep America Stupid, keep College expensive and for the 1%.

engineczar
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

Post by engineczar » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:46 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:00 pm
keep College expensive and for the 1%.
You think it's expensive now just wait until it's free.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2784
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:49 pm

engineczar wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:46 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:00 pm
keep College expensive and for the 1%.
You think it's expensive now just wait until it's free.
So having a highly educated population in a global setting is a bad thing because they can't be conned expensive?

Smart.

engineczar
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

Post by engineczar » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:00 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:49 pm
engineczar wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:46 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:00 pm
keep College expensive and for the 1%.
You think it's expensive now just wait until it's free.
So having a highly educated population in a global setting is a bad thing because they can't be conned expensive?

Smart.
Having a highly educated population is great. Giving away worthless but very expensive degrees is great if you work in the education business. Went I went to college I worked hard at it because I was paying for it. Flunking anything wasn't an option because the consequences of losing the money I paid for the course was too high. There's no penalty for lack of effort when it's free.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2784
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:17 pm

engineczar wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:00 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:49 pm
engineczar wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:46 pm


You think it's expensive now just wait until it's free.
So having a highly educated population in a global setting is a bad thing because they can't be conned expensive?

Smart.
Having a highly educated population is great. Giving away worthless but very expensive degrees is great if you work in the education business. Went I went to college I worked hard at it because I was paying for it. Flunking anything wasn't an option because the consequences of losing the money I paid for the course was too high. There's no penalty for lack of effort when it's free.
So think of all the money we could save by eliminating free HS. #-o

engineczar
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

Post by engineczar » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:03 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:17 pm
engineczar wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:00 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:49 pm


So having a highly educated population in a global setting is a bad thing because they can't be conned expensive?

Smart.
Having a highly educated population is great. Giving away worthless but very expensive degrees is great if you work in the education business. Went I went to college I worked hard at it because I was paying for it. Flunking anything wasn't an option because the consequences of losing the money I paid for the course was too high. There's no penalty for lack of effort when it's free.
So think of all the money we could save by eliminating free HS. #-o
When did high schools start receiving federal tax dollars? If a state wants to give away free college then that's their choice. To do it at the federal level is a different story. In that case think of how much money we could save if college professors were paid like HS teachers.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:23 am

College ? Lets see, but first things were different in my day. I started in kindergarten doing girl stuff, the teacher was a girl / woman.
Then all through grade school same thing, there was some science taught but very minimal, yes and reading writing rithmatic.
Lots of social studies and English etc. Shop classes in highschool was nice finally something I liked in school.
So then what is college like? If you go into some sort of engineering when do you take the relevant courses? Year 2 or 3? And of course the instructor is sitting there with you helping all the way, correct? Or do you have to do your OWN studying? Oh and then of course now it is a conform to our religion deal as well or you will be beat up and or ostracized. All a degree says is you have conformed and are now employable, it doesn't mean you know a thing. I know this for a fact I know a millennial with 2 degree's and that person is a know nothing, doesn't know the meaning of many words amongst other things. I have worked with fresh engineers that were know nothings as well, so tell me more about a degree?

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4690
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

Post by mk e » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:04 am

Yup, wage inflation, goods inflation, flat stock market.....all the signs are pointing strongly to a Rump recession taking shape and should be official in the next 12-18 months.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2784
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

Post by j-c-c » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:44 am

engineczar wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:03 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:17 pm
engineczar wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:00 pm


Having a highly educated population is great. Giving away worthless but very expensive degrees is great if you work in the education business. Went I went to college I worked hard at it because I was paying for it. Flunking anything wasn't an option because the consequences of losing the money I paid for the course was too high. There's no penalty for lack of effort when it's free.
So think of all the money we could save by eliminating free HS. #-o
When did high schools start receiving federal tax dollars? If a state wants to give away free college then that's their choice. To do it at the federal level is a different story. In that case think of how much money we could save if college professors were paid like HS teachers.
So your disagreement centers on which arm of the government pays for higher education, not the purpose?
However we all know what the result would be if a single or limited numbers tried to offer higher education. A nationwide solution would be the only one that would works with the cost spread across the board. HS students are not known to move out of their family homes to get a better more desirable education, but many college bound students would welcome the opportunity. It only works nationwide, if the nation sees the upside of having a better/higher educated population in the global workforce. The catch 22, one sees that best I suspect if they are educated.

mitch
Expert
Expert
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 8:38 am

Re: Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

Post by mitch » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:46 am

mk e wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:04 am
Yup, wage inflation, goods inflation, flat stock market.....all the signs are pointing strongly to a Rump recession taking shape and should be official in the next 12-18 months.
That is probably what you are hoping for. Mark you should stick to posting on building your shop and Ferrari because you have been wrong on all your predictions in the political sections. It really makes me wonder how easy it must have been to get your degree. :D

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2784
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

Post by j-c-c » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:46 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:23 am
College ? Lets see, but first things were different in my day. I started in kindergarten doing girl stuff, the teacher was a girl / woman.
Then all through grade school same thing, there was some science taught but very minimal, yes and reading writing rithmatic.
Lots of social studies and English etc. Shop classes in highschool was nice finally something I liked in school.
So then what is college like? If you go into some sort of engineering when do you take the relevant courses? Year 2 or 3? And of course the instructor is sitting there with you helping all the way, correct? Or do you have to do your OWN studying? Oh and then of course now it is a conform to our religion deal as well or you will be beat up and or ostracized. All a degree says is you have conformed and are now employable, it doesn't mean you know a thing. I know this for a fact I know a millennial with 2 degree's and that person is a know nothing, doesn't know the meaning of many words amongst other things. I have worked with fresh engineers that were know nothings as well, so tell me more about a degree?
You don't have one?

GRTfast
Expert
Expert
Posts: 907
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

Post by GRTfast » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:56 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:23 am
College ? Lets see, but first things were different in my day. I started in kindergarten doing girl stuff, the teacher was a girl / woman.
Then all through grade school same thing, there was some science taught but very minimal, yes and reading writing rithmatic.
Lots of social studies and English etc. Shop classes in highschool was nice finally something I liked in school.
So then what is college like? If you go into some sort of engineering when do you take the relevant courses? Year 2 or 3? And of course the instructor is sitting there with you helping all the way, correct? Or do you have to do your OWN studying? Oh and then of course now it is a conform to our religion deal as well or you will be beat up and or ostracized. All a degree says is you have conformed and are now employable, it doesn't mean you know a thing. I know this for a fact I know a millennial with 2 degree's and that person is a know nothing, doesn't know the meaning of many words amongst other things. I have worked with fresh engineers that were know nothings as well, so tell me more about a degree?
Do you have an engineering degree?

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4450
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

Post by RevTheory » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:57 am

mitch wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:46 am
That is probably what you are hoping for. Mark you should stick to posting on building your shop and Ferrari because you have been wrong on all your predictions in the political sections. It really makes me wonder how easy it must have been to get your degree. :D
I've wondered the same thing for the same reasons. Is losing common sense a requirement for an online engineering degree? Once you have said "degree", do you now stick to your guns even though you're wrong all the time?

I guess you could be like j-c-c and simply convince yourself that you're just smarter than everyone else and us poor, dumb Deplorables simply aren't capable of grasping your intellectual prowess.

I'd rather be dumb and right than "smart" and wrong.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2784
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Blue-Collar Wages Rising in Red-Hot Economy

Post by j-c-c » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:02 am

RevTheory wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:57 am
mitch wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:46 am
That is probably what you are hoping for. Mark you should stick to posting on building your shop and Ferrari because you have been wrong on all your predictions in the political sections. It really makes me wonder how easy it must have been to get your degree. :D
I've wondered the same thing for the same reasons. Is losing common sense a requirement for an online engineering degree? Once you have said "degree", do you now stick to your guns even though you're wrong all the time?

I guess you could be like j-c-c and simply convince yourself that you're just smarter than everyone else and us poor, dumb Deplorables simply aren't capable of grasping your intellectual prowess.

I'd rather be dumb and right than "smart" and wrong.
And never know the difference I guess?

Post Reply