Overwhelmed by freight loads, railroads offer hefty hiring incentives to fill jobs

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8487
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Overwhelmed by freight loads, railroads offer hefty hiring incentives to fill jobs

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:29 pm

Making America Great Again :D

"As Americans go on a shopping bender, railroad operators carrying train loads of consumer purchases are adding thousands of jobs, and some are offering hefty hiring incentives to draw applicants.

Union Pacific is dangling $10,000 hiring bonuses for Chicago-area train conductors and engineers, and $15,000 for diesel technicians, while BNSF Railway has advertised a $20,000 incentive for a diesel technician job in the area. Norfolk Southern Railway also has ambitious hiring plans, though it is not offering hiring incentives.

Strong economic growth has increased the amount of goods moving on the rails and therefore the manpower needed, while the nation's low unemployment rate has made it difficult to fill the rising number of jobs, industry experts say.

Chicago, considered the rail epicenter of North America because six major railroads converge here, is feeling the labor crunch.
“Chicago matters tremendously for the railroads because it’s a chokepoint,” said Keith Schoonmaker, director of industrials equity research at Morningstar. Inadequate labor in the area “slows an already bad slow point.”(continued)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ ... story.html

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2784
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Overwhelmed by freight loads, railroads offer hefty hiring incentives to fill jobs

Post by j-c-c » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:27 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:29 pm
Making America Great Again :D

"As Americans go on a shopping bender, railroad operators carrying train loads of consumer purchases are adding thousands of jobs, and some are offering hefty hiring incentives to draw applicants.

Union Pacific is dangling $10,000 hiring bonuses for Chicago-area train conductors and engineers, and $15,000 for diesel technicians, while BNSF Railway has advertised a $20,000 incentive for a diesel technician job in the area. Norfolk Southern Railway also has ambitious hiring plans, though it is not offering hiring incentives.

Strong economic growth has increased the amount of goods moving on the rails and therefore the manpower needed, while the nation's low unemployment rate has made it difficult to fill the rising number of jobs, industry experts say.

Chicago, considered the rail epicenter of North America because six major railroads converge here, is feeling the labor crunch.
“Chicago matters tremendously for the railroads because it’s a chokepoint,” said Keith Schoonmaker, director of industrials equity research at Morningstar. Inadequate labor in the area “slows an already bad slow point.”(continued)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ ... story.html
Always Find a tidbit of info and try to turn it into propaganda. :lol:

Make America Gullible Again

Couldn't have anything to do with rail being most efficient mode of land based transportation of freight, and uses least amount of manpower (jobs), increasing cost of diesel, interstate traffic, increasing restrictions on heavy trucking, hours, reporting, medical, declining driver pool, lack of long term future driver needs because of autonomous trucks on the horizon, etc. [-X

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5591
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Overwhelmed by freight loads, railroads offer hefty hiring incentives to fill jobs

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:29 am

Here i thought the trumptards were anti rail/Warren Buffet and pro pipeline?

Gullible is the correct term.... :lol:

engineczar
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Overwhelmed by freight loads, railroads offer hefty hiring incentives to fill jobs

Post by engineczar » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:41 am

sanfordandson wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:29 am
Here i thought the trumptards were anti rail/Warren Buffet and pro pipeline?

Gullible is the correct term.... :lol:
Yeah because things like steel and cars are shipped by pipeline.

Dumbass is the correct term... :lol:

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4450
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Overwhelmed by freight loads, railroads offer hefty hiring incentives to fill jobs

Post by RevTheory » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:04 am

It's a shame that lil trollboy will gleefully set rational thinking off to the side if he thinks he has the opportunity to troll.

Anyone with a functioning brain knows the difference between Buffet purposely opposing/stalling the pipeline to boost his railroad investments and the railroad companies adding tons of jobs due to a massive increase in the economy.

That wasn't even a decent attempt at a troll post. Complete fail! You're slippin' :lol:

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8487
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Overwhelmed by freight loads, railroads offer hefty hiring incentives to fill jobs

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:10 am

He really is that stupid.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5591
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Overwhelmed by freight loads, railroads offer hefty hiring incentives to fill jobs

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:11 am

engineczar wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:41 am
sanfordandson wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:29 am
Here i thought the trumptards were anti rail/Warren Buffet and pro pipeline?

Gullible is the correct term.... :lol:
Yeah because things like steel and cars are shipped by pipeline.

Dumbass is the correct term... :lol:
That went right over your head. This forum would be more fun if you were at least somewhat intelligent! :lol: =D>

engineczar
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Overwhelmed by freight loads, railroads offer hefty hiring incentives to fill jobs

Post by engineczar » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:53 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:11 am
engineczar wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:41 am
sanfordandson wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:29 am
Here i thought the trumptards were anti rail/Warren Buffet and pro pipeline?

Gullible is the correct term.... :lol:
Yeah because things like steel and cars are shipped by pipeline.

Dumbass is the correct term... :lol:
That went right over your head. This forum would be more fun if you were at least somewhat intelligent! :lol: =D>
I'd have to drink a fifth of vodka and hit my head to get down to your level of dumbassery so keep dreaming.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4690
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Overwhelmed by freight loads, railroads offer hefty hiring incentives to fill jobs

Post by mk e » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:14 pm

So now we're celebrating inflation driven by a lack of workers which in turn is driven by poor immigration policy as a good thing?
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8487
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Overwhelmed by freight loads, railroads offer hefty hiring incentives to fill jobs

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:43 pm

An open border is not good immigration policy. Our country has always issued green cards to workers. We also had the Bracero program.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Overwhelmed by freight loads, railroads offer hefty hiring incentives to fill jobs

Post by exhaustgases » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:18 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:43 pm
An open border is not good immigration policy. Our country has always issued green cards to workers. We also had the Bracero program.
And open boarder would be just fine, if all the blue state idiots could be all relocated there and have to share their homes and food, clothes etc. with the over the boarder folks. We really need all those lower boarder states to have just demoncrats living there and then have the wall through the middle east and west of the us to keep out the immigrants and the demoncrats. Then the northern states could have peace and liberty.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5591
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Overwhelmed by freight loads, railroads offer hefty hiring incentives to fill jobs

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:19 pm

engineczar wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:53 pm


I'd have to drink a fifth of vodka and hit my head to get down to your level of dumbassery so keep dreaming.
Sounds like you've been practicing.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4690
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Overwhelmed by freight loads, railroads offer hefty hiring incentives to fill jobs

Post by mk e » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:45 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:43 pm
An open border is not good immigration policy. Our country has always issued green cards to workers. We also had the Bracero program.
We haven't had a decent farm worker policy in decades and total numbers allowed are down along with the US birthrate.....its flat impossible to grow a business with no workers. That's all I'm saying.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

Post Reply