Newspaper reporter resigns after wrongly claiming Annapolis shooter wore MAGA hat

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Newspaper reporter resigns after wrongly claiming Annapolis shooter wore MAGA hat

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:49 pm

He was not alone in making outrageous statements yesterday. A lot more should be canned.

"A newspaper reporter in Massachusetts resigned on Friday after falsely claiming in a tweet that the gunman who opened fire on a newsroom in Maryland a day earlier was wearing a hat bearing President Trump's campaign slogan, "Make America Great Again."

Conor Berry, a reporter at The Republican in Springfield, Mass., said on Twitter that his journalism career "came to a screeching halt" after the tweet on Thursday, and offered an apology to fellow reporters and Trump supporters.

"Folks, My 21-year career as a 'journalist,' a fancy term that makes my skin crawl, frankly, came to a screeching halt yesterday with one stupid, regrettable tweet," he wrote. "Can't take it back; wish I could. My sincere apologies to all good, hardworking reporters and to POTUS supporters."

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/39489 ... -wore-maga

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Re: Newspaper reporter resigns after wrongly claiming Annapolis shooter wore MAGA hat

Post by GRTfast » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:17 pm

What a dumbass. What did he think was going to happen?!

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Re: Newspaper reporter resigns after wrongly claiming Annapolis shooter wore MAGA hat

Post by j-c-c » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:39 pm

So the shooter now has a valid legal case of defamation, by being linked ti the Maga cause. :shock:
Ironic, is it not? :D

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:19 pm

They care less about anything other than to advance the agenda at hand.