North Korea Is Rapidly Upgrading Nuclear Site Despite Summit Vow

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Re: North Korea Is Rapidly Upgrading Nuclear Site Despite Summit Vow

Post by j-c-c » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:44 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:09 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:44 pm
David Redszus wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:12 pm
Let us suppose that NoKo elects not to honor the agreements made in Singapore.
Let us further suppose that NoKo continues its nuclear weapons development.

At that point, US imposed sanctions will be re-imposed or even raised. What has Kim gained?
What has the US lost?

We still recovered hundreds of Korean War remains that we never recovered under Obama (or Bush).
So what do we have to lose for you feel we were "played"?
Being "played" in the world's eyes puts a future bull's eye on your back.
The "war Games" were canceled, we look like a wuss to Putin at an upcoming summit, and having to negotiate for remains from decades ago as any bargaining chip should be beneath our national dignity.

Don't forget the diplomatic error/mixed message we sent Iraq recently that led to the Iraq invasion of Kuwait. I could use numerous pre ww2 Hitler comparisons on appeasement, but few here can remember past the last African American President.
The war games can restart on a moments notice.
I believe you are very wrong, got anything to back it up?
1989TransAm wrote:
No other President was able to get the remains.
You are not put off by the fact you are bargaining with some one who is using soldiers remains from decades ago, as a bargaining chip, and you think anything of substance can be gained long term with this? I think the guys whose remains they are, would be inclined to tell Rocketman go pack sand at this point.
1989TransAm wrote:
The Iraq invasion of Kuwait has nothing to do with President Trump.
In your worlld maybe. I think this suggests you understand little of how Irag felt they had a green light to invade Kuwait. Do we need to offer you a refresher course, or are you capable of tackling this yourself?
Neither does Adolf Hitler who you like to constantly bring up in comparison to President Trump.
Dude, but the cause/effect does, Hitler is superfluous, but he an easy documented example of how dictators both give and receive mixed signals, occasionally with catastrophic results, ie, Hitler thought because of his earlier successes in absorbing eastern European countries, he could continue, and that no one, including the UK, France and the USA would lift a finger to help Poland. History proves he was partially correct.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:26 pm

"Dude, but the cause/effect does,"

So you admit to comparing President Trump to Hitler. By the way which President gave the green light for Saddam to invade Kuwait?

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:55 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:26 pm
"Dude, but the cause/effect does,"

So you admit to comparing President Trump to Hitler.
Good grief, pay attention, used Hitler as a reference point on a well documented point in history on mixed signals, use any dictator you want that is valid and lifts your skirt.
1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:26 pm
By the way which President gave the green light for Saddam to invade Kuwait?
Nobody gave the "green light" it was a proverbial reference, and Bush 1 was head man, and it was if remember correctly an in theater diplomat who started the mess I believe inadvertently, but who rather then how, was my "pontification" point you missed point blank. #-o

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:23 pm

He continually makes my point. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^...…… and does not even realize it.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:37 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:23 pm
He continually makes my point. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^...…… and does not even realize it.
Guess "proverbial reference" is a tad too deep, sorry, I'll dumb it down further, if I can.