Robert Mueller Asks Judge To Hide Russian Election Evidence From The Russians

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Robert Mueller Asks Judge To Hide Russian Election Evidence From The Russians

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:45 am

Star chamber indeed. :D

"Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller has taken the concept of the Star Chamber to new levels of dangerous judicial prosecution. In a motion in Washington DC today Mueller’s team scramble to hide their invisible evidence after the people they indicted demand the right to see it.

Everyone who has researched the actual substance behind the heavily promoted Russian indictments knows the underlying claims are centered on the thinnest of evidence. Given the nature of the politicization behind the Mueller investigation, many people even argue there is no actual evidence; it’s a manufactured ruse created only for purpose of advancing a necessary political narrative, an excuse for media column inches and pundit talks.

And there is a great deal of reason to believe the cynics are entirely accurate; particularly when you overlay the series of events that highlight the prosecution never thought anyone would actually show up in court and challenge their claims.

Greasy Bear hackers and Macedonian Bot Farms might sound like a good justification for a prosecution when pitched to an incurious media. However, when Greasy Bear and the accused Macedonian’s show up in court, well, the prosecutors might just have a problem."

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... erference/

mk e
Guru
Guru

Re: Robert Mueller Asks Judge To Hide Russian Election Evidence From The Russians

Post by mk e » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:14 am

Where do you find this crap? It reads like it was written by rusdians.

It's not ok to give details to the Russians that disclose sources and methods. It's that simple.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Re: Robert Mueller Asks Judge To Hide Russian Election Evidence From The Russians

Post by David Redszus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:23 am

mk e wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:14 am

It's not ok to give details to the Russians that disclose sources and methods. It's that simple.
The accused is entitled to see the evidence under the discovery process.

If a prosecutor can't or won't produce that information, then he/she should not indict.
What we have seen is more evidence of Mueller grandstanding to cover for Hillary, the DNC and the swamp.

GRTfast
Expert
Expert

Post by GRTfast » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:27 am

David Redszus wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:23 am
mk e wrote:

If a prosecutor can't or won't produce that information, then he/she should not indict.
What we have seen is more evidence of Mueller grandstanding to cover for Hillary, the DNC and the swamp.
Forgive me if I’m misunderstanding, but are you defending Russia’s right to see the evidence? Aren’t the rules of the discovery process applicable to American citizens and entities exclusively? Serious questions, not attacks.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:29 am

GRTfast wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:27 am
David Redszus wrote:
mk e wrote:

Forgive me if I’m misunderstanding, but are you defending Russia’s right to see the evidence? Aren’t the rules of the discovery process applicable to American citizens and entities exclusively? Serious questions, not attacks.
You have got to be kidding. He is defending the accused of being able to see the evidence against them. Standard procedure in a court room. The problem is Mueller never thought that this company would show up in court and defend themselves. Well they showed up and now he has boxed himself in.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:16 pm

GRTfast wrote:

You have it right mostly.

Just because a person, even a citizen, are charged does mean classified info is available under discovery laws.

Anyone charged has the right to know the charges and is innocent until proven guilty. Also, if the prosecution can't make their case in open court then the defended is not guilty. The defendant is not automatically entitled to info that the prosecution has that will not be presented in court, they can ask but the prosecution can object then it's up to the judge to decide if thry are entitled.....then if thr judge finds they are entitled the prosecution can still seek to have it redacted, or may chose to drop the charge.

Normally judges show a lot of deference when a national security claim is made and murller has not had any rulings go against him so far I don't think because his team shows up prepared, so I expect this will also go in his favor.

So strange to see so called republicans here arguing for the rights of spies and cyber criminals over US national security....strange times.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:26 pm

You are making some big assumptions. [-X I have never heard of a case where the defendant cannot see the evidence against him. If this is upheld it will open up a huge can of worms. Mueller never expected to go down this road because he never thought this company would come to court.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:29 pm

No assumptions, that's how the law works.

.....and why the "article" you posted is gibberish. It appears to be Russia propoganda.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

GRTfast
Expert
Expert

Post by GRTfast » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:54 pm

mk e wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:16 pm
GRTfast wrote:

Just because a person, even a citizen, are charged does mean classified info is available under discovery laws.

Anyone charged has the right to know the charges and is innocent until proven guilty. Also, if the prosecution can't make their case in open court then the defended is not guilty. The defendant is not automatically entitled to info that the prosecution has that will not be presented in court, they can ask but the prosecution can object then it's up to the judge to decide if thry are entitled.....then if thr judge finds they are entitled the prosecution can still seek to have it redacted, or may chose to drop the charge.

Normally judges show a lot of deference when a national security claim is made and murller has not had any rulings go against him so far I don't think because his team shows up prepared, so I expect this will also go in his favor.

So strange to see so called republicans here arguing for the rights of spies and cyber criminals over US national security....strange times.
Thanks for the detailed write up.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:18 pm

mk e wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:16 pm
GRTfast wrote:

Isn't also in the Judge's discretion for him to see/review the national security sensitive evidence and decide its relative importance to both sides of the trial? Of course if Mueller and company decline, its effectively over, rule of law. due process and all.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:01 am

GRTfast wrote:
David Redszus wrote:
mk e wrote:

The defendant has every right to inspect and challenge the evidence against him. The charges were filed in an American court and not a Russian court. The rules of discovery apply to everyone involved; prosecutor and defendant.

Ratu
Expert
Expert

Post by Ratu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:51 am

mk e writes, "So strange to see so called republicans here arguing for the rights of spies and cyber criminals over US national security..."

What he should have admitted was that it is strange for him to see anyone here arguing for the rights of ALLEGED spies and ALLEGED cyber criminals over those of an ALLEGED US national security.

Seems he agrees with the notion that a mere allegation is proof of guilt. Further, that any evidence, should it actually exist, must be kept from the accused. After all, an allegation by such an august body as a branch of the US govt must be treated as sacrosanct and of absolute immutable trustworthiness. They are, of course, there to help...

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:19 am

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:18 pm

Isn't also in the Judge's discretion for him to see/review the national security sensitive evidence and decide its relative importance to both sides of the trial? Of course if Mueller and company decline, its effectively over, rule of law. due process and all.
Yup.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:21 am

Trump supporters seem to be becoming more anti-american by the day just to support their god.

They have completely lost their way.....very sad.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:32 am

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:21 am
Trump supporters seem to be becoming more anti-american by the day just to support their god.

They have completely lost their way.....very sad.
You mean the Obama way?
The Alinsky way?

Of course you do.