Summit in Singapore

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3993
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Summit in Singapore

Post by RevTheory » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:09 am

David Redszus wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:18 am
The North Koreans viewed the war game exercises as preparation for a US invasion of NoKor.
Cancellation of the war games saves a lot of money and is a good will gesture toward NoKor.
It was part of the deal making tactics all along. Trump knows how to play poker.
Exactly. The next exercise isn't scheduled until next spring anyways and we'll know if things are moving along as planned by then so it's not some huge concession like the media tries so desperately to make it seem.

Plus, they really made Kim uncomfortable as he's scared to death that we're going to wipe out his regime so Trump was right in telling him that we'll suspend them as long as Kim is living up to his end of the bargain.

Now, notice what Donald Trump didn't do: he did NOT give Kim billions towards something Kim wanted and he did NOT release ANY of the sanctions already imposed.

GRTfast
Expert
Expert
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Summit in Singapore

Post by GRTfast » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:29 am

The jury is still out on what the outcome of all this will be, but I am with Trump on stopping the military exercises. I’m going to support less muscle flexing and bringing troops home every time. When there is a real need, I support using the military 100%, but I think we over use it in a big way. The military should primarily be a defense mechanism for our country, not the world police.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3027
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Summit in Singapore

Post by Firedome8 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:35 am

RevTheory wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:09 am
David Redszus wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:18 am
The North Koreans viewed the war game exercises as preparation for a US invasion of NoKor.
Cancellation of the war games saves a lot of money and is a good will gesture toward NoKor.
It was part of the deal making tactics all along. Trump knows how to play poker.
Exactly. The next exercise isn't scheduled until next spring anyways and we'll know if things are moving along as planned by then so it's not some huge concession like the media tries so desperately to make it seem.

Plus, they really made Kim uncomfortable as he's scared to death that we're going to wipe out his regime so Trump was right in telling him that we'll suspend them as long as Kim is living up to his end of the bargain.

Now, notice what Donald Trump didn't do: he did NOT give Kim billions towards something Kim wanted and he did NOT release ANY of the sanctions already imposed.
The U.S. conducts two major joint exercises with South Korea each year, Ulchi Focus Guardian, which is scheduled for this August, and Key Resolve/Foal Eagle in the spring. From the military times.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5332
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Summit in Singapore

Post by sanfordandson » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:46 am

Firedome8 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:35 am
The U.S. conducts two major joint exercises with South Korea each year, Ulchi Focus Guardian, which is scheduled for this August, and Key Resolve/Foal Eagle in the spring. From the military times.
Good info Firedome, a little research goes a long ways..... :lol:

User avatar
woody b
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1354
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Re: Summit in Singapore

Post by woody b » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:06 am

The never Trumpers are so consumed with hate it's almost funny.

Image
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3993
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Summit in Singapore

Post by RevTheory » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:09 am

Love it, woody.

User avatar
woody b
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1354
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Re: Summit in Singapore

Post by woody b » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:14 am

Image
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Summit in Singapore

Post by gmrocket » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:20 am

woody b wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:14 am
Image
Excellent! Remember when trump was tweeting and the left were clutching their pearls and freaking out "he's gonna start WW3" we are all gonna die!!!

Freakn idiots..trump nailed initially by pushing really hard military and sanctions. Appeasing a dictator or being a passive, like the last administration never works, never had worked womtbwork in the future...it just emboldens them

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3027
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Summit in Singapore

Post by Firedome8 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:22 am

They were shocking comments for those following the human rights situation in North Korea. The country ranks 167th out of 167 in the Economist’s Democracy Index, and 180th out of 180 in the Heritage Foundation’s Index of Economic Freedom. A 2017 International Bar Association report cited evidence of ”systematic murder (including infanticide), torture, persecution of Christians, rape, forced abortions, starvation and overwork leading to countless deaths,” and other crimes against humanity. The United Nations said the conditions in North Korea are unparalleled in the world.

Now him and trump are buddies? Trump praised him to hi heaven and elevated him to equal in the eyes of his people. How is this different than Iran ?? Who is worse the hallucinating hacks in Iran or the dictatorship in NK ? Can't wait to see this deal for denuclearization of NK. It should be great will be nothing like the Iran deal .

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3993
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Summit in Singapore

Post by RevTheory » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:22 am

The more Trump wins, the more the media freak out and that's clearly evident by the behavior of our resident Trump trolls here lately.

I love watching it, too :D

User avatar
woody b
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1354
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Re: Summit in Singapore

Post by woody b » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:24 am

Image
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5332
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Summit in Singapore

Post by sanfordandson » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:29 am

I have a feeling this post will get revisited often....this should be fun. :mrgreen:

GRTfast
Expert
Expert
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Summit in Singapore

Post by GRTfast » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:30 am

RevTheory wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:22 am
The more Trump wins, the more the media freak out and that's clearly evident by the behavior of our resident Trump trolls here lately.

I love watching it, too :D
I’m all for giving credit where credit is due, and I’ve even done so in this thread. You guys need to be careful though, counting chickens before they’ve hatched is never a good idea.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7768
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Summit in Singapore

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:23 am

Firedome8 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:22 am
They were shocking comments for those following the human rights situation in North Korea. The country ranks 167th out of 167 in the Economist’s Democracy Index, and 180th out of 180 in the Heritage Foundation’s Index of Economic Freedom. A 2017 International Bar Association report cited evidence of ”systematic murder (including infanticide), torture, persecution of Christians, rape, forced abortions, starvation and overwork leading to countless deaths,” and other crimes against humanity. The United Nations said the conditions in North Korea are unparalleled in the world.

Now him and trump are buddies? Trump praised him to hi heaven and elevated him to equal in the eyes of his people. How is this different than Iran ?? Who is worse the hallucinating hacks in Iran or the dictatorship in NK ? Can't wait to see this deal for denuclearization of NK. It should be great will be nothing like the Iran deal .
I am sure human rights in Iran and Cuba are just great. President Trump is trying to turn that country around. Kim is only 34 and just maybe he is also going to slowly turn that country around. I take it we should not engage them from your point of view?

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5332
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Summit in Singapore

Post by sanfordandson » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:41 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:23 am
President Trump is trying to turn that country around. Kim is only 34 and just maybe he is also going to slowly turn that country around. I take it we should not engage them from your point of view?
So no more "america first"? We are back to trying to influence shithole countries much like Obama tried to do.

Must be more of that "winning"

Or maybe just blind faith and hypocrisy?

Post Reply