Hannity and the news media

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Re: Hannity and the news media

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:02 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:55 pm
RevTheory wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:43 pm
“You’re not going to college to get educated. You’re going there to get trained. They’ll train you to want what you don’t need. They’ll train you to manipulate words so they don’t mean anything anymore. They’ll train you to forget what it is that you already know. They’ll train you so good, you’ll start believing what they tell you about equal opportunity and the American way and all that shit. They’ll give you a corner office and invite you to fancy dinners, and tell you you’re a credit to your race. Until you want to actually start running things, and then they’ll yank on your chain and let you know that you may be a well-trained, well-paid nigger, but you’re a nigger just the same.”
― Barack Obama, Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance

There's a lot more where that came from, too. https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/8 ... -my-father
Hmm. I learner high level math, various analysis techniques, physics, and design.
Yeah higher level math, I know of hundreds of higher level math folks that can figure out the simplest ratio problem. Oh it does me no good to ask a nice analysis question because anyone can cruise the net and find the answer. So you should have said. I am a learner of high level math, etc. etc.
My 3 year old grand kid has better sentence structure. Since I'm just an idiot my writing doesn't matter, but for a super educated person like.....

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:09 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:02 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:55 pm
RevTheory wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:43 pm
“You’re not going to college to get educated. You’re going there to get trained. They’ll train you to want what you don’t need. They’ll train you to manipulate words so they don’t mean anything anymore. They’ll train you to forget what it is that you already know. They’ll train you so good, you’ll start believing what they tell you about equal opportunity and the American way and all that shit. They’ll give you a corner office and invite you to fancy dinners, and tell you you’re a credit to your race. Until you want to actually start running things, and then they’ll yank on your chain and let you know that you may be a well-trained, well-paid nigger, but you’re a nigger just the same.”
― Barack Obama, Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance

There's a lot more where that came from, too. https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/8 ... -my-father
Hmm. I learner high level math, various analysis techniques, physics, and design.
Yeah higher level math, I know of hundreds of higher level math folks that can figure out the simplest ratio problem. Oh it does me no good to ask a nice analysis question because anyone can cruise the net and find the answer. So you should have said. I am a learner of high level math, etc. etc.
My 3 year old grand kid has better sentence structure. Since I'm just an idiot my writing doesn't matter, but for a super educated person like.....
It was typo. I’m on my iPhone and this website sucks ass for mobile phones.

Try and find the answer to the number of fatigue cycles that a particular custom component can take before it fails. Make sure to specify the constraints, thermal and mechanical boundary conditions, and the forcing function. Let me know how that works out for you on the google machine.

I never thought I’d see someone on car forum belittle engineering. Wow.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:33 pm

I'm not belittling engineering, its the phony education system that is forced and required to arrive at said engineering degree's. I just find it strange a person can still become a very highly paid and respected computer programmer or developer with zero college and zero degree's. But can't dare do any sort of engineering like the old ones in the past could with out a pretty paper degree hanging on the wall. And the same goes for Dr's.
If you read any business periodicals there are many times very good articles about the worthlessness of the new and young engineers being degreed, yes they can work out some problems like the ones they were trained on, but know nothing about the mechanical item they are supposed to be engineering on, most have never got their hands dirty and greasy thus have no idea how things are put together and work. All they have dealt with is pictures on a computer screen.
Oh and my question was going to be an electrical related one about domains, not about automotive parts fatigue failure, don't they have some nice computer programs to accomplish things like that?

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:46 pm

Hannity does not hide who he is. He comes right out and says he is a Conservative. I do the same thing. I do not hide who I am, my age or who I voted for. I am right out in the open.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:11 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:33 pm
I'm not belittling engineering, its the phony education system that is forced and required to arrive at said engineering degree's. I just find it strange a person can still become a very highly paid and respected computer programmer or developer with zero college and zero degree's. But can't dare do any sort of engineering like the old ones in the past could with out a pretty paper degree hanging on the wall. And the same goes for Dr's.
If you read any business periodicals there are many times very good articles about the worthlessness of the new and young engineers being degreed, yes they can work out some problems like the ones they were trained on, but know nothing about the mechanical item they are supposed to be engineering on, most have never got their hands dirty and greasy thus have no idea how things are put together and work. All they have dealt with is pictures on a computer screen.
Oh and my question was going to be an electrical related one about domains, not about automotive parts fatigue failure, don't they have some nice computer programs to accomplish things like that?
There always have and always will be engineers who graduate and have no practical experience. I’m not one of them. I was rebuilding the top end on my MX bikes at 10. We had a (humble) machine shop at the house growing up. I could run a Bridgeport and lathe as a teenager, and do basic welding. Built our own race karts (500cc two stroke on methanol). My dad only had an associates degree, but when he retired he ran an Engineering R&D department with many PhDs working under him. He has 11 patents. He built many cars over the years, including a 7 second big block altered (red) and street T bucket (black with flames).

I work as an R&D Mechanical Engineer. It’s my second career. Went back to school in my 30’s for my degree. I have multiple patents. I built my own car from scratch, frame body and all (chopped sedan style hotrod. bare metal color).

There are fancy programs to do stress and fatigue analysis, but you have to understand the principles and physics to set them up correctly, and to know if the answers make sense. We always do hand calculations to back up our models, and often design calibration test equipment for them.
Attachments
dad altered.JPG
dad altered.JPG (53.75 KiB) Viewed 723 times
hotrod iso.JPG
rob kart.JPG
dad kart.JPG
dad t bucket.JPG
dad t bucket.JPG (68.62 KiB) Viewed 723 times

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:37 pm

Cool , I was actually twisting wrenches at around 8 or so on go carts etc., and electrical things way before that. Teenage years over hauled all components on a certain chevy vehicle except for the steering gear, and many other peoples cars, all sorts of engines, motor cycles, automatic transmissions, manual transmissions, differential's and also did machinist stuff around age 16, had my first car somewhere between the ages of 10 and 14, not in my name but my $. I could never afford to patent my ideas, I just sit around and wait for a bunch of years then someone else comes up with it. Oh and my dad was not a car person so very little help there, I had no help just manuals no internet no nothing like they have now.
I was 19 when I got to work on some very special and very expensive metal parts doing machine work they could not be scrapped no cnc then.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:46 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:37 pm
Cool , I was actually twisting wrenches at around 8 or so on go carts etc., and electrical things way before that. Teenage years over hauled all components on a certain chevy vehicle except for the steering gear, and many other peoples cars, all sorts of engines, motor cycles, automatic transmissions, manual transmissions, differential's and also did machinist stuff around age 16, had my first car somewhere between the ages of 10 and 14, not in my name but my $. I could never afford to patent my ideas, I just sit around and wait for a bunch of years then someone else comes up with it. Oh and my dad was not a car person so very little help there, I had no help just manuals no internet no nothing like they have now.
Nice. We have some things in common. My dad started from scratch and taught himself. His dad died when he (my dad) was a young boy. I was lucky enough to have my dad around until last year. He taught me so much, and made me the man I am.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:21 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:46 pm
Hannity does not hide who he is. He comes right out and says he is a Conservative. I do the same thing. I do not hide who I am, my age or who I voted for. I am right out in the open.
As a conservative are you for the rule of law.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:23 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:21 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
As a conservative are you for the rule of law.
Of course and that also goes for the border and illegal immigration. I am also not for a two tiered justice system such as we have now. One the Clintons and their allies and then the justice system for the rest of us.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:12 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Hannity does not hide who he is. He comes right out and says he is a Conservative.
Hannity is not a conservative by any definition of the word...so that too is a lie.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:14 pm

mk e wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:12 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Hannity does not hide who he is. He comes right out and says he is a Conservative.
Hannity is not a conservative by any definition of the word...so that too is a lie.
Oh yeah, I remember your twisted version of that, too :lol:

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:21 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:14 pm
mk e wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:
Pick any dictionary definition you like, no need to use my stricter political science definition.

Hannity, like Rump is a populist.

Right/left, conservative/liberal don't really apply since the policies they push are a mixture of all of them.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:26 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:11 pm

I work as an R&D Mechanical Engineer. It’s my second career. Went back to school in my 30’s for my degree. I have multiple patents. I built my own car from scratch, frame body and all (chopped sedan style hotrod. bare metal color).
Same here. Avionics in the usaf, then in machinist, now r&d engineer. Build my roadrace motorcycle from scratch years ago including a lot of the engine.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:41 pm

mk e wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:26 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:11 pm

Same here. Avionics in the usaf, then in machinist, now r&d engineer. Build my roadrace motorcycle from scratch years ago including a lot of the engine.
Sweet! Are pics of the bike on here? I’ve seen your Ferrari project.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:46 pm

mk e wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:21 pm
RevTheory wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:14 pm
mk e wrote:

Pick any dictionary definition you like, no need to use my stricter political science definition.

Hannity, like Rump is a populist.

Right/left, conservative/liberal don't really apply since the policies they push are a mixture of all of them.
Sorry, I completely disagree, DT is a spur of the moment genius of reading the political wind and reacting to the audience in front of him. His entire being is based on manipulating those who can provide/assist him with obtaining his desires, and they are extensive, can change on the fly, and not always apparent, IMO.