The U.S. just had its warmest May in history, blowing past 1934 Dust Bowl record

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5553
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

The U.S. just had its warmest May in history, blowing past 1934 Dust Bowl record

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:23 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/cap ... a22a83085e
Almost every tract of land in the contiguous United States was warmer than normal in May, helping to break a Dust Bowl-era record.

The month’s average temperature 0f 65.4 degrees swept by the previous high mark of 64.7 degrees set in 1934. Temperatures were more than 5 degrees above normal, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which published a May U.S. climate assessment Wednesday.

The 1934 record was impressive, enduring for decades even as the climate has warmed because of increasing greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. One of the main reasons May 1934 was so hot was because it was so dry, posting the least precipitation for the month on record. When the land surface is dry, it heats up faster.

In May 2018, temperatures soared to record levels even without as much help from dry soils. Precipitation was a hair above normal averaged over the nation. Maryland, hit by major floods in Frederick and Ellicott City, had its wettest May on record. So did Florida. Asheville, N.C., posted 14.68 inches of rain, its wettest month in history.

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1452
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: The U.S. just had its warmest May in history, blowing past 1934 Dust Bowl record

Post by dirtracr5 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:00 am

We had quite a bit of warm weather here in MN thats for sure.

I'll take that over snow anyday though....LOL

SupStk
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1370
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:25 pm
Location: Box Elder, SD

Re: The U.S. just had its warmest May in history, blowing past 1934 Dust Bowl record

Post by SupStk » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:19 am

What no NASA data?
Will agree end of May and so far in June has been pretty warm here. Not so sure it was breaking records since 1934. We've had more than normal rainfall but glad to get it!
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1452
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: The U.S. just had its warmest May in history, blowing past 1934 Dust Bowl record

Post by dirtracr5 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 am

SupStk wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:19 am
What no NASA data?
Will agree end of May and so far in June has been pretty warm here. Not so sure it was breaking records since 1934. We've had more than normal rainfall but glad to get it!
I think NASA data comes out mid month typically.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8398
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: The U.S. just had its warmest May in history, blowing past 1934 Dust Bowl record

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:53 am

Yet here in SoCal we may have had the coolest May in a long, long time.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5553
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: The U.S. just had its warmest May in history, blowing past 1934 Dust Bowl record

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:00 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:53 am
Yet here in SoCal we may have had the coolest May in a long, long time.
Looks like where you're from was very near average. A number of days just a few degrees below average but a few days 20+ degrees above average.


More fake news from Trans Am.... [-X

In-Tech
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:35 am

Re: The U.S. just had its warmest May in history, blowing past 1934 Dust Bowl record

Post by In-Tech » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:06 pm

Don't you get it, SS? This is the land of implausibility. :mrgreen:

plau·si·ble
ˈplôzəb(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: plausible

(of an argument or statement) seeming reasonable or probable.
"a plausible explanation"
synonyms: credible, reasonable, believable, likely, feasible, tenable, possible, conceivable, imaginable; More
convincing, persuasive, cogent, sound, rational, logical, thinkable
"a plausible explanation"
antonyms: unlikely
(of a person) skilled at producing persuasive arguments, especially ones intended to deceive.
"a plausible liar"
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl

In-Tech
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:35 am

Re: The U.S. just had its warmest May in history, blowing past 1934 Dust Bowl record

Post by In-Tech » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:07 pm

In-Tech wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:06 pm
Don't you get it, SS? This is the land of implausibility. :mrgreen:

plau·si·ble
ˈplôzəb(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: plausible

(of an argument or statement) seeming reasonable or probable.
"a plausible explanation"
synonyms: credible, reasonable, believable, likely, feasible, tenable, possible, conceivable, imaginable; More
convincing, persuasive, cogent, sound, rational, logical, thinkable
"a plausible explanation"
antonyms: unlikely
(of a person) skilled at producing persuasive arguments, especially ones intended to deceive.
"a plausible liar"
The art of a good liar is to tell the truth and still deceive.
-Carl
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8398
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: The U.S. just had its warmest May in history, blowing past 1934 Dust Bowl record

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:13 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:00 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:53 am
Yet here in SoCal we may have had the coolest May in a long, long time.
Looks like where you're from was very near average. A number of days just a few degrees below average but a few days 20+ degrees above average.


More fake news from Trans Am.... [-X
Not according to the National Weather Service.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5553
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: The U.S. just had its warmest May in history, blowing past 1934 Dust Bowl record

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:26 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:13 pm
Not according to the National Weather Service.
Stop lying...it does you no good. [-X

lefty o
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1277
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:50 am

Re: The U.S. just had its warmest May in history, blowing past 1934 Dust Bowl record

Post by lefty o » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:41 pm

oh no, if ive learned something from sandy its that he just refers to one months temp as "weather". of course thats when it doesnt agree with his agenda. so now after more than 6 months of colder than average weather, we are supposed to get excited by 1 warm month. #-o

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5553
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: The U.S. just had its warmest May in history, blowing past 1934 Dust Bowl record

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:38 pm

lefty o wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:41 pm
oh no, if ive learned something from sandy its that he just refers to one months temp as "weather". of course thats when it doesnt agree with his agenda. so now after more than 6 months of colder than average weather, we are supposed to get excited by 1 warm month. #-o
You're a slow learner but I'm glad to see you are catching on.... =D> :lol:

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3370
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: The U.S. just had its warmest May in history, blowing past 1934 Dust Bowl record

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:01 pm

So what I think sandy is saying is the atmospheric heaters and climate engineering techniques are working very good. Deep state working over time to make trump look like a climate idiot.

GRTfast
Expert
Expert
Posts: 901
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: The U.S. just had its warmest May in history, blowing past 1934 Dust Bowl record

Post by GRTfast » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:46 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:01 pm
So what I think sandy is saying is the atmospheric heaters and climate engineering techniques are working very good. Deep state working over time to make trump look like a climate idiot.
Do you buy your tin foil hats somewhere, or make your own?

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3370
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: The U.S. just had its warmest May in history, blowing past 1934 Dust Bowl record

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:55 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:46 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:01 pm
So what I think sandy is saying is the atmospheric heaters and climate engineering techniques are working very good. Deep state working over time to make trump look like a climate idiot.
Do you buy your tin foil hats somewhere, or make your own?
No I just so happen to know the modern science and inventions of modern times. I'm not stuck back in the 1800's like some of you are.
Did you know they invented the klystron? And we even have high powered cyclotrons as well. And if your really up on your stuff you should know there is nothing new about those. Oh and put your tin hat on they are going to use high powered lasers on navy ships soon if not already so equipped.
You really need to study some stuff before coming here to belittle me.

Post Reply