Sarah Greenwalt, longtime aide to EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt, resigns amid scandal at EPA

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Sarah Greenwalt, longtime aide to EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt, resigns amid scandal at EPA

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:41 am

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/scott-prui ... t-resigns/
EPA lawyer Sarah Greenwalt, an aide to EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt since he served as Oklahoma's attorney general, has resigned her position, CBS News has confirmed. Greenwalt's resignation comes as another top Pruitt aide, Millan Hupp, also is due to leave her post at the Environmental Protection Agency on Friday. Both Greenwalt and Hupp came under scrutiny after getting significant pay raises without White House approval.

The Atlantic reported in April that Pruitt went to the White House in March with a request for raises for Greenwalt and Hupp. The White House, the Atlantic reported, declined to approve the raises for the political appointees — but Pruitt's office reportedly found a way to make the raises possible anyways.

Pruitt was later pressed on the raises while delivering testimony before the House Energy and Environment Subcommittee in late April.

Pruitt told lawmakers he actually delegated authority to EPA chief of staff Ryan Jackson to give the raises but didn't know the exact amounts and wasn't aware of the process. During the hearing, Pruitt said he was unaware of the "amount" of the raises. But in a Fox News interview on April 4, Pruitt insisted he didn't approve the raises and didn't know who did.

"I found out about this yesterday. And I corrected the action. And we are in the process of finding out how it took place and correct it," said Pruitt when asked by Fox News' Ed Henry if he had known about the raises. He later said that the raises "should not have happened" and the "officials that were involved in that process should not have done what they did."

Documents later showed Ryan Jackson did sign off on the raises and indicated he had Pruitt's consent.

Greenwalt received raises of more than $66,000, bringing her salary to $164,200. Hupp saw her salary jump to $114,590, after raises of more than $48,000.
Drain the swamp! \:D/

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Re: Sarah Greenwalt, longtime aide to EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt, resigns amid scandal at EPA

Post by RevTheory » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:51 am

"I found out about this yesterday. And I corrected the action. And we are in the process of finding out how it took place and correct it," said Pruitt when asked by Fox News' Ed Henry if he had known about the raises. He later said that the raises "should not have happened" and the "officials that were involved in that process should not have done what they did."

And now they're out. That's called draining the swamp, you poor Trump troll. You're trying too hard, lol!

Trump/Pence 2020! MAGA! \:D/

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Re: Sarah Greenwalt, longtime aide to EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt, resigns amid scandal at EPA

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:58 am

RevTheory wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:51 am
That's called draining the swamp
Correct...thats why i said "drain the swamp"

Try to keep up.... #-o :lol:

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:02 pm

Glad to see that all that money that the lobbyists from the Sierra Club spend in DC is being put to good use.

Don't forget this gem too.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/ ... nch-603350

Imagine how corrupt you have to be to eat lunch in the dining hall that's reserved for cabinet members. Oh wait he is a cabinet member. #-o

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/06/07/ ... lunchgate/

All this means is that Pruitt is doing a good job. If he wasn't then the Green ECO-Facist Lobby wouldn't have their panties all up in a bunch.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:11 pm

Yeah, amid all the wonderful things happening under President Trump, lil' trollboy found something that Pruitt did right but was twisted by the "media" and jumped at the chance for another stoopid troll thread.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:15 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:11 pm
Yeah, amid all the wonderful things happening under President Trump, lil' trollboy found something that Pruitt did right but was twisted by the "media" and jumped at the chance for another stoopid troll thread.
You mean you want me to flood this forum with trumps scandals and screwups.

I can hear your tears already! :lol:

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:17 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:15 pm
RevTheory wrote:

We have enough FAKE NEWS with out you adding to it. :^o [-X

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:17 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:17 pm
sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:15 pm
RevTheory wrote:

We have enough FAKE NEWS with out you adding to it. :^o [-X
Aww look at those Kalifornia tears..... :lol:

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:45 pm

I just wish that Marxist organization was shut down. The only place their nose was supposed to be was the big polluting factories, not in every common persons life.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:45 am

12 scandals and counting for the extremely wasteful EPA.

Trump only hires the BEST!! :lol:

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:09 am

RevTheory wrote:
No...the people who got the raises are out...the person who approved them is not.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:48 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Ahh, twisted news is the new buzz word for the believers.
Ware is that from??? Pruitt is a f swamp monster and you are blind to it. But that is expected .

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:56 pm

Notifications > Mark All Read = Done!

Troll-Free Zone :D

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:43 am

How can a person apply for the job as top epa dog? I'd be going after the real problems.

Ratu
Expert
Expert

Post by Ratu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:16 am

Bureaucrats are always like this. It is merely a matter of how much they take and for how long they do it. They commit their indecencies and perversions at your cost and they consider that all fair and good. YOU really ought to pay more, say they.