Obama put diversity over safety at FAA

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Re: Obama put diversity over safety at FAA

Post by engineczar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:31 am

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:23 am
RevTheory wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:18 am
engineczar wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:16 am
Moving the goal posts again I see. No wonder no one takes you seriously.
He's turned into another sandytroll.
Thanks for the compliment, I'm now in the big leagues. =D>

PS still waiting on that "quote" BTW.
You're original post seems to indicate that you've made a conclusion that it hasn't affected safety based on an accident free period of time. If that's not your conclusion then what is your conclusion?

PS still waiting for your expert dissection on Twitter "Shadow Banning" people BTW

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:41 am

engineczar wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:31 am
j-c-c wrote:
RevTheory wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:18 am

He's turned into another sandytroll.

You're original post seems to indicate that you've made a conclusion that it hasn't affected safety based on an accident free period of time. If that's not your conclusion then what is your conclusion?

PS still waiting for your expert dissection on Twitter "Shadow Banning" people BTW
No it doesn't, I was simply stating/linking a fact, that was open to debate if possible/needed, to lay the ground work for getting those that HAVE drawn a conclusion, clearly stated in the OP's post, about safety being lowered, to PROVE their case.

"seems to indicate" is only your opinion, and I have clearly refuted it.
Sustained.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:50 am

The Airport Control Tower Is No Place for Racial Redress

Andrew Brigida is the son of a former New York City police officer. When he was 12, his family moved to a suburb of Phoenix, and at the urging of a neighbor he decided to become an air-traffic controller. In 2013 he graduated with two aviation-related bachelor’s degrees from Arizona State University, one of the dozens of schools with which the Federal Aviation Administration has partnerships to vet candidates for its air-traffic-control training program.

Graduates of these Collegiate Training Initiative schools then must pass the Air Traffic Selection and Training exam, or AT-SAT. This eight-hour test is designed to assess numeric ability, tolerance for high-intensity work, capacity for solving problems, and so forth. The goal is to determine their likelihood of completing the requisite training to become an air-traffic controller. Training a controller is expensive—on average it costs more than $400,000—and the CTI system has proved an accurate predictor of who’s got what it takes.

Mr. Brigida completed the college program, aced the AT-SAT and received a strong recommendation from an academic adviser. He was then placed on a list with other prospective controllers, who would be sent to Oklahoma City for the mandated 15 weeks of training. Five years later, Mr. Brigida still is not working as an air-traffic controller. What happened is the Obama administration.

In 2013 the Obama FAA changed the process for hiring controllers and then applied the new policy retroactively. No longer would the FAA give hiring preference to applicants with degrees from CTI schools or military experience, as it had in the past. In order to foster “diversity” in control towers, the agency would move away from merit-based hiring and toward more subjective measures. To attract a higher percentage of candidates from racial and ethnic minorities, a “biographical questionnaire,” or BQ, was added

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-airpor ... 1528240025

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:56 am

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:41 am
engineczar wrote:
j-c-c wrote:

No it doesn't, I was simply stating/linking a fact, that was open to debate if possible/needed, to lay the ground work for getting those that HAVE drawn a conclusion, clearly stated in the OP's post, about safety being lowered, to PROVE their case.

Sustained.
The point being that we need to wait for a catastrophic failure to see if our social experiment has an effect on safety. I'll have to try that on the next 510k I submit to the FDA.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:01 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:50 am
Lets's see the list is long:

WW2 Flying Tigers
NFL Quarterbacks
NBL
News Anchor
Hospital operating Room
Police Officer
College Professor
Police Chief
Supreme Court
POTUS
Etc
Etc

You obviously(?) are not a minority, but soon you will be, and you reap what your sow.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:06 am

engineczar wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:56 am
j-c-c wrote:
engineczar wrote:

Sustained.
The point being that we need to wait for a catastrophic failure to see if our social experiment has an effect on safety. I'll have to try that on the next 510k I submit to the FDA.
So on that thinking, we also need to keep women out of the tower at least 1 week of the month because they might become too emotional and cause a catastrophe that men are immune to? #-o

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:20 am

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:06 am
engineczar wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:56 am
j-c-c wrote:

Sustained.
So on that thinking, we also need to keep women out of the tower at least 1 week of the month because they might become too emotional and cause a catastrophe that men are immune to? #-o
Why are you biased against women?

I could care less what a persons gender or race is, I just want them fully qualified.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:58 am

I wonder how many Black pilots flew Air Force One while Obama was in office? Inquiring minds would like to know?

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:01 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:01 am
1989TransAm wrote:

WW2 Flying Tigers
NFL Quarterbacks
NBL
News Anchor
Hospital operating Room
Police Officer
College Professor
Police Chief
Supreme Court
POTUS
Etc
Etc

You obviously(?) are not a minority, but soon you will be, and you reap what your sow.
POTUS? That was a disaster and the reason for the thread. So for J-C-C it is Ok for more qualified people to be turned down because of the color of their skin. The flip side is you are more qualified because of the color of your skin.

woody b
Guru
Guru

Post by woody b » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:18 pm

j-c-c wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:

WW2 Flying Tigers
NFL Quarterbacks
NBL
News Anchor
Hospital operating Room
Police Officer
College Professor
Police Chief
Supreme Court
POTUS
Etc
Etc

Being against a "racial redress" has nothing to do with being a minority, or even being a racist. Any job, position ect should be given to the most qualified applicant. Race shouldn't be any part of a job application.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:43 pm

woody b wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:18 pm
j-c-c wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:

WW2 Flying Tigers
NFL Quarterbacks
NBL
News Anchor
Hospital operating Room
Police Officer
College Professor
Police Chief
Supreme Court
POTUS
Etc
Etc

Being against a "racial redress" has nothing to do with being a minority, or even being a racist. Any job, position ect should be given to the most qualified applicant. Race shouldn't be any part of a job application.
Except for President?

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:11 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:43 pm
woody b wrote:
j-c-c wrote:

WW2 Flying Tigers
NFL Quarterbacks
NBL
News Anchor
Hospital operating Room
Police Officer
College Professor
Police Chief
Supreme Court
POTUS
Etc
Etc

Except for President?
That's the difference between you and us. Many people voted for him solely based on race, whereas race wasn't part of the decision process for us. That's the dictionary definition of racism.

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:11 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:43 pm
woody b wrote:
j-c-c wrote:

WW2 Flying Tigers
NFL Quarterbacks
NBL
News Anchor
Hospital operating Room
Police Officer
College Professor
Police Chief
Supreme Court
POTUS
Etc
Etc

Except for President?
JCC=racist

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:43 pm

I have had limited contact exposure with Air Traffic Controllers at O'Hare.

I have considerable experience dealing the the administrative sections of the FAA at O'Hare.

It does not take very long to see that key, high visibility, positions were awarded to under-qualified
women to make the gender bias numbers come out right. While I have no quarrel with properly
qualified personnel, regardless of race or gender, it does become an issue when standards are lowered to fill positions.

With dozens of highly qualified, experienced men available, why would anyone hire a woman with
lower qualifications?

Perhaps they paid the girls less and saved some money.

Air traffic safety is not merely tracked by number of fatal crashes. Every day, air space policy is violated
resulting in hundreds of near misses, and non-fatal mishaps. Sit down with an air controller for a beer
and listen to the horror stories that are recorded but not widely reported.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:04 pm

Right on David ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^