Obama put diversity over safety at FAA

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Obama put diversity over safety at FAA

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:54 pm

Saw this story on the Tucker Carlson show last night. Tucker could not get anyone from the FAA to come on the air and defend the move. Makes one wonder what other things Obama has screwed up.

"The Obama administration’s hiring rules for the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) air traffic controllers placed diversity ahead of safety, says an attorney suing the federal agency for putting American passengers at risk.

Former President Barack Obama changed the FAA’s rules for hiring air traffic controllers so that applicants must pass a diversity test before being considered – an added step in the initial process that is argued to put millions of passengers and crew members as risk.
“For decades, the selection process for the Federal Aviation Administration’s air traffic controllers was rigorous,” TheBlaze reported. “After all, one minor mistake could cost hundreds of people their lives.”

After those promoting affirmative action under the Obama administration had their way during the former president’s reign at the White House, an attorney representing a man challenging the FAA’s diversity test filed suit against the federal agency.
“Activists inside the federal government decided that air traffic controllers weren't diverse enough, and in recent years – and in the first step of the hiring process – used a 'biographical questionnaire' to screen potential employees,” Tucker Carlson Tonight Host Tucker Carson announced Friday, according to Fox News. “One man is suing the FAA for its updated hiring practice.”

Attorney Michael Pearson argues that for the mere sake of diversity in the hiring process for air traffic controllers, airline passengers’ safety across the United States is being jeopardized, noting that the FAA under the Obama administration scrapped the old hiring standards by replacing them with new rules – requirements devised to increase and prioritize the ethnic diversity of air traffic controllers … above skills needed for the job.
The National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees – determined that the workforce was too white,”

https://www.onenewsnow.com/politics-gov ... ety-at-faa

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Re: Obama put diversity over safety at FAA

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:55 pm

Obama, worst President ever.

GLHS60
Pro
Pro

Post by GLHS60 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:56 pm

I saw that as well but it has to be fake news.

No one would be as stupid as that, especially the FAA, would they??

j-c-c will be along shortly to justify this move.

Thanks
Randy
Sherwood Park
Alberta,Canada

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:02 pm

trump is doing so well that the trumptards are reverting to history lessons..... =D>

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:41 pm

GLHS60 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Thanks
Randy
Why don't I start here:

"It's been almost nine years since the last fatalities involving a U.S.-registered, scheduled passenger airline in the United States. That was Colgan Air Flight 3407, which crashed on approach to Buffalo on Feb. 12, 2009. All 49 people on board and a man on the ground were killed.Jan 2, 2018"

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:27 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:41 pm
GLHS60 wrote:

Thanks
Randy
Why don't I start here:

"It's been almost nine years since the last fatalities involving a U.S.-registered, scheduled passenger airline in the United States. That was Colgan Air Flight 3407, which crashed on approach to Buffalo on Feb. 12, 2009. All 49 people on board and a man on the ground were killed.Jan 2, 2018"
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correla ... _causation

mbrooks
Expert
Expert

Post by mbrooks » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:36 am

It started well before Obama.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:44 am

engineczar wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:27 pm
j-c-c wrote:
GLHS60 wrote:

Thanks
Randy
Why don't I start here:

That is where I STARTED dude, are you disputing what I linked, because I made no claims, like the OP, ball is in your court to prove safety was compromised beyond some racists opinion that has his own narrative ,it appears.
Crickets.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:54 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:55 pm
Obama, worst President ever.
Yeah, that one stunned even me!

The left wants check-boxes for everything so they can split us up and pander where they need the votes. I don't think there should be a check-box on applications at all as I simply want the most qualified person for the job.

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:03 am

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:44 am
engineczar wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:27 pm
j-c-c wrote:

Why don't I start here:

That is where I STARTED dude, are you disputing what I linked, because I made no claims, like the OP, ball is in your court to prove safety was compromised beyond some racists opinion that has his own narrative ,it appears.
Crickets.
You're the one making the conclusion that because there hasn't been a major crash that safety wasn't compromised. Kinda like driving down the highway at 100mph. "See it's safe because I do it all the time and haven't crashed". ie Correlation does not imply causation

I have to think if I was doing an FMEA on airline travel I would say crashing would rank a 10 as far as severity go. I prefer my air traffic controllers to be hired based on their qualifications and not to meet a diversity number.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:11 am

engineczar wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:03 am
j-c-c wrote:
Crickets.
You're the one making the conclusion that because there hasn't been a major crash that safety wasn't compromised. Kinda like driving down the highway at 100mph. "See it's safe because I do it all the time and haven't crashed". ie Correlation does not imply causation

I have to think if I was doing an FMEA on airline travel I would say crashing would rank a 10 as far as severity go. I prefer my air traffic controllers to be hired based on their qualifications and not to meet a diversity number.

Can you then quote my "conclusion"?
Crickets

woody b
Guru
Guru

Post by woody b » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:16 am

Obama didn't put "diversity" over safety. He put destroying the USA over safety. While President and (since) he did, and continues to do everything possible to divide and weaken the USA, and put money in his, and his "handlers" pockets.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:16 am

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:11 am
engineczar wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:03 am
j-c-c wrote:

Crickets.

Can you then quote my "conclusion"?
Crickets
Moving the goal posts again I see. No wonder no one takes you seriously.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:18 am

engineczar wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:16 am
He's turned into another sandytroll.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:23 am

RevTheory wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:18 am
engineczar wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:16 am
He's turned into another sandytroll.
Thanks for the compliment, I'm now in the big leagues. =D>

PS still waiting on that "quote" BTW.