Presidential Self Pardon

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Presidential Self Pardon

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:01 am

David Redszus wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:42 pm
So say if DT Shoots Comey in DC, then self pardons, he is free as a bird, albeit, maybe impeached, since no state has jurisdiction/standing.
If a gang banger shoots another banger in DC, he could not be pardoned by POTUS since it is not a Federal crime.

If DT shoots Comey, Mueller, Rosenstein, or other swamp critters in DC, it would be a Federal crime and he could self pardon
(justifiable homicide of course), and /or his successor could pardon him as well.

Federal law makes certain homicides a Federal crime.

1. Murder of an Elected/Appointed Federal Official
2. Murder of a Federal Judge or Law Enforcement Official
3. Killing of an Immediate Family Member of Law Enforcement Officials
4. A Killing Designed to Influence the Outcome of a Court Case
5. A Killing Committed During Bank Robbery
6. Murder Related to Rape, Child Molestation
7. Murder Aboard a Ship
8. Drug-Related Murders
9. Murder for Hire
10. Murder by Mail

Considering the snail's pace of cleaning up the corrupt swamp critters, perhaps a mob
hit contract and subsequent pardon might be very effective. And very welcome.

Been done that way here in Chicago for a hundred years. It works.

A no-self pardon amendment? Are you kidding?
That could never happen. Besides, some lawmakers might need to make use of a self pardon.

The Equal Rights Amendment still has not been ratified by the required number of states.
Good luck with an even sillier amendment. :lol:
1. I don't fully understand your main point, if there is one.
2. Your "gang bang example" is unsupported in your post, and therefore dubious, IMO
3. I already mentioned an effective self pardon amendment would include the provision an immediate successor could not pardon the original offender, UNTIL DULY elected by the public, to provide a check and balance.
4. I don't live in Chicago, they need to resolve their issues.
5. I decline to comment on mob hits
6. No I am not kidding
7. However a lot has recently happened many said would never happen
8. Pardon in this discussion, only applies to the POTUS
9. Many amendments have passed and not passed, what is your point?
10. "silly" is in the eye of the beholder, best used with sound reasonable examples to support that conclusion.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Presidential Self Pardon

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:09 am

RevTheory wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:56 am
Look how you lefties allow a hypothetical (and intentional at that!) question from a partisan hack throw you into TDS overdrive again :lol:
I thought DT stated he had the right to self pardon, what is hypothetical about that?
Why are you so suddenly concerned about the welfare of your adversaries, or is it just fake compassion?
You would not know a true lefty if they sat on your face, I suspect. :lol:

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3993
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Presidential Self Pardon

Post by RevTheory » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:16 am

You've gotten really bad since you joined. Wan't it the hypothetical question directed to Giuliani what got everyone all twisted up?

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6401
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Presidential Self Pardon

Post by David Redszus » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:23 am

1. I don't fully understand your main point, if there is one.
2. Your "gang bang example" is unsupported in your post, and therefore dubious, IMO
3. I already mentioned an effective self pardon amendment would include the provision an immediate successor could not pardon the original offender, UNTIL DULY elected by the public, to provide a check and balance.
4. I don't live in Chicago, they need to resolve their issues.
5. I decline to comment on mob hits
6. No I am not kidding
7. However a lot has recently happened many said would never happen
8. Pardon in this discussion, only applies to the POTUS
9. Many amendments have passed and not passed, what is your point?
10. "silly" is in the eye of the beholder, best used with sound reasonable examples to support that conclusion.
You must have very good eyesight indicated by your ability to pick microscopic flyshiit out of pepper.

You're right, you do not understand. But that does not prevent you from spouting useless nonsense.
Your snarky responses continue unabated; trying growing up, you're no longer in HS.

My point was that murder in DC is not a Federal crime, except under certain circumstances.
And that very few amendments have been successful in recent memory.
More important, a POTUS self pardon is the height of sillyness, practiced only by smart mouth,
empty headed liberals.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Presidential Self Pardon

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:29 am

David Redszus wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:23 am
1. I don't fully understand your main point, if there is one.
2. Your "gang bang example" is unsupported in your post, and therefore dubious, IMO
3. I already mentioned an effective self pardon amendment would include the provision an immediate successor could not pardon the original offender, UNTIL DULY elected by the public, to provide a check and balance.
4. I don't live in Chicago, they need to resolve their issues.
5. I decline to comment on mob hits
6. No I am not kidding
7. However a lot has recently happened many said would never happen
8. Pardon in this discussion, only applies to the POTUS
9. Many amendments have passed and not passed, what is your point?
10. "silly" is in the eye of the beholder, best used with sound reasonable examples to support that conclusion.
You must have very good eyesight indicated by your ability to pick microscopic flyshiit out of pepper.

You're right, you do not understand. But that does not prevent you from spouting useless nonsense.
Your snarky responses continue unabated; trying growing up, you're no longer in HS.

My point was that murder in DC is not a Federal crime, except under certain circumstances.
And that very few amendments have been successful in recent memory.
More important, a POTUS self pardon is the height of sillyness, practiced only by smart mouth,
empty headed liberals.
I'll take my "very good eyesight" as a compliment, reducing "flyshit" would however be comforting to my eyes.
Then your main point is irrelevant it appears, that's OK, you still made it.
Low success rate is not a reason in my book to not try
"Silliness" is our current standard of leadership in the WH
"smart mouth" is sometimes connected to a smart idea, deal with it.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4286
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Presidential Self Pardon

Post by mk e » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:59 am

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:51 am
mk e wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 pm

I don't think an amendment is needed.....the courts would kill a self pardon as a abuse of power, aka corruption.
I agree, nobody in centuries had the balls enough to even suggest it, times change though.
The problem is, why allow/invite a constitutional crises, that can be avoided, plus it provides some deterrence against an out of control POTUS, rather then trying to close the barn door after the deed.
I don't like messing with the constitution unless it's absolutely necessary. If the harm could not be undone then an amendment would be needed but here we're talking about the crime doesn't change, so the harm happens either way.....I would wait to see if the day ever comes then deal with it once it's real.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7768
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Presidential Self Pardon

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:02 pm

Must be a full moon. I actually agree with Mark on something.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Presidential Self Pardon

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:47 pm

mk e wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:59 am
j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:51 am
mk e wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 pm

I don't think an amendment is needed.....the courts would kill a self pardon as a abuse of power, aka corruption.
I agree, nobody in centuries had the balls enough to even suggest it, times change though.
The problem is, why allow/invite a constitutional crises, that can be avoided, plus it provides some deterrence against an out of control POTUS, rather then trying to close the barn door after the deed.
I don't like messing with the constitution unless it's absolutely necessary. If the harm could not be undone then an amendment would be needed but here we're talking about the crime doesn't change, so the harm happens either way.....I would wait to see if the day ever comes then deal with it once it's real.
I guess you don't accept the deterrence factor of a POTUS knowing he can't self pardon would be in play.
Interesting. Putting your head in sand only works for awhile. A similar mindset was in play with Hitle'rs rise to power, in that they "thought" he could be controlled, and he the out played the power class.

engineczar
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Presidential Self Pardon

Post by engineczar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:56 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:47 pm
I guess you don't accept the deterrence factor of a POTUS knowing he can't self pardon would be in play.
Interesting. Putting your head in sand only works for awhile. A similar mindset was in play with Hitle'rs rise to power, in that they "thought" he could be controlled, and he the out played the power class.
Again with the Reductio ad Hitlerum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Presidential Self Pardon

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:59 pm

engineczar wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:56 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:47 pm
I guess you don't accept the deterrence factor of a POTUS knowing he can't self pardon would be in play.
Interesting. Putting your head in sand only works for awhile. A similar mindset was in play with Hitle'rs rise to power, in that they "thought" he could be controlled, and he the out played the power class.
Again with the Reductio ad Hitlerum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum
So You can't dispute, so state the obvious, is your only comeback, Clever today,
Your silence is comforting, anybody else? =D>

engineczar
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Presidential Self Pardon

Post by engineczar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:10 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:59 pm
engineczar wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:56 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:47 pm
I guess you don't accept the deterrence factor of a POTUS knowing he can't self pardon would be in play.
Interesting. Putting your head in sand only works for awhile. A similar mindset was in play with Hitle'rs rise to power, in that they "thought" he could be controlled, and he the out played the power class.
Again with the Reductio ad Hitlerum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum
So You can't dispute, so state the obvious, is your only comeback, Clever today,
Your silence is comforting, anybody else? =D>
Dispute what? I'm just pointing out that your entire argument is once again whittled down to Reductio ad Hitlerum

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6401
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Presidential Self Pardon

Post by David Redszus » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:26 pm

More important, a POTUS self pardon is the height of sillyness, practiced only by smart mouth,
empty headed liberals.
While it is obvious that a POTUS self pardon is permitted by our
Constitution, it would make no sense nor is it needed.
Low success rate is not a reason in my book to not try
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over with the same unsuccessful outcome.
Can you say "Russian Collusion"?
"Silliness" is our current standard of leadership in the WH
Wrong. Silliness is our current standard among liberal, socialist Democraps in Congress.
This president has done more in 500 days to end the eight years of Obuma wrong headed, mostly
illegal, economy choking, job killing, "Executive Order" politics.

Given another six years in office DT may wipe out the entire FDR socialist New Deal communist agenda.
Let's hope so.
"smart mouth" is sometimes connected to a smart idea, deal with it.
Wrong again. Smart and mouth never go together.
Those who talk, don't know.
Those who know, don't talk.

Smart people are capable of having a reasonable discussion without resorting to snarky comments.

How can someone who pretends to be so smart, say such stupid things?
Perhaps the mouth (or keyboard) have something to do with it.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4286
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Presidential Self Pardon

Post by mk e » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:08 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:47 pm

I guess you don't accept the deterrence factor of a POTUS knowing he can't self pardon would be in play.
Interesting. Putting your head in sand only works for awhile. A similar mindset was in play with Hitle'rs rise to power, in that they "thought" he could be controlled, and he the out played the power class.
I'm pretty sure it would not be honored so I'm not very concerned. Most stuff doesn't belong in the constitution, basic guidance is generally good
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7768
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Presidential Self Pardon

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:09 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:16 am
You've gotten really bad since you joined. Wan't it the hypothetical question directed to Giuliani what got everyone all twisted up?
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. It was a hypothetical question and the lefties got their pants all in a wad.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Presidential Self Pardon

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:46 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if, trump puts some spies in the dnc and makes sure there is no wealthy Marxists that is funding it, and trying to put in a communist dictator to affect the demonocracy. Its payback time, since the left got to do it.

Post Reply