1. I don't fully understand your main point, if there is one.David Redszus wrote: ↑Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:42 pmIf a gang banger shoots another banger in DC, he could not be pardoned by POTUS since it is not a Federal crime.So say if DT Shoots Comey in DC, then self pardons, he is free as a bird, albeit, maybe impeached, since no state has jurisdiction/standing.
If DT shoots Comey, Mueller, Rosenstein, or other swamp critters in DC, it would be a Federal crime and he could self pardon
(justifiable homicide of course), and /or his successor could pardon him as well.
Federal law makes certain homicides a Federal crime.
1. Murder of an Elected/Appointed Federal Official
2. Murder of a Federal Judge or Law Enforcement Official
3. Killing of an Immediate Family Member of Law Enforcement Officials
4. A Killing Designed to Influence the Outcome of a Court Case
5. A Killing Committed During Bank Robbery
6. Murder Related to Rape, Child Molestation
7. Murder Aboard a Ship
8. Drug-Related Murders
9. Murder for Hire
10. Murder by Mail
Considering the snail's pace of cleaning up the corrupt swamp critters, perhaps a mob
hit contract and subsequent pardon might be very effective. And very welcome.
Been done that way here in Chicago for a hundred years. It works.
A no-self pardon amendment? Are you kidding?
That could never happen. Besides, some lawmakers might need to make use of a self pardon.
The Equal Rights Amendment still has not been ratified by the required number of states.
Good luck with an even sillier amendment.
2. Your "gang bang example" is unsupported in your post, and therefore dubious, IMO
3. I already mentioned an effective self pardon amendment would include the provision an immediate successor could not pardon the original offender, UNTIL DULY elected by the public, to provide a check and balance.
4. I don't live in Chicago, they need to resolve their issues.
5. I decline to comment on mob hits
6. No I am not kidding
7. However a lot has recently happened many said would never happen
8. Pardon in this discussion, only applies to the POTUS
9. Many amendments have passed and not passed, what is your point?
10. "silly" is in the eye of the beholder, best used with sound reasonable examples to support that conclusion.