Trump: North Korea nuclear summit is back on

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 9227
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Trump: North Korea nuclear summit is back on

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:20 pm

Looks like the June 12th meeting with North Korea in Singapore is a done deal. President Trump you magnificent bastard. :D

"The North Korea nuclear summit is back on.
President Donald Trump announced the decision after a historic Oval Office meeting Friday with Kim Yong Chol, who is the top deputy to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
"We'll be meeting on June 12th in Singapore," Trump told reporters at the White House. But he also said that it would be hard to reach a deal from a single summit in less than two weeks.

"I don't see that happening," he said. "I told him I think you could have probably [other meetings]."
Trump's original plan to sit down with Kim Jong Un in Singapore June 12 was temporarily derailed after Kim Jong Un interpreted top U.S. officials' public discussion of following the "Libya model" in North Korea as a threat. Trump wrote a letter canceling the summit May 24, but held out hope it could be rescheduled.

At a minimum, Trump is eager to convince Kim Jong Un to curtail his capacity to reach the United States with nuclear weapons, and the North Koreans want relief from crippling U.S. and international sanctions. A State Department official said Thursday that the U.S. is still looking for an agreement from Kim to give up all of his nuclear capabilities.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... ck-n879311

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2390
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Trump: North Korea nuclear summit is back on

Post by gmrocket » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:46 pm

oh man!! another thing for the lefties to get crazy over...hahahah

I swear he's doing this just for my entertainment

so the timeline is this,,the left wing wackos went nuts when trump said he would like to meet with the little rocket man...cuz he's just a real bad little man they said,,,shouldn't even give him the time of day.

then.....trump plays hardball and tells rocket man to go pound salt, meeting is off..so right on que the lefties went nuts..huh? so they switched from its a bad idea too, he has to talk..now its back on again...and,,,wait for it...............................oh my god, whats he doing.now?they have to agree with themselves on the talks must be on...but it will get twisted into a bad thing again.

I swear, this is just for my entertainment

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3956
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Trump: North Korea nuclear summit is back on

Post by j-c-c » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:42 am

A summit by a man so desperate to save face, and get a check mark in his positive column, and give away the store, for his own image, will ultimately pay a very heavy price.

Ask Neville Chamberlain. [-X

engineczar
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1391
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Trump: North Korea nuclear summit is back on

Post by engineczar » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:48 am

j-c-c wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:42 am
A summit by a man so desperate to save face, and get a check mark in his positive column, and give away the store, for his own image, will ultimately pay a very heavy price.

Ask Neville Chamberlain. [-X
It's funny watching the left try to spin this as a bad thing. The memo must have gone out from the DNC to their cronies in the media because this ^^^^ narrative is the same as what's being spewed right now.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1228
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Trump: North Korea nuclear summit is back on

Post by GRTfast » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:08 am

I’ll reserve judgement until we see the outcome. There are plenty of things I don’t like about Trump, but I’m totally willing to give him a chance here. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

engineczar
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1391
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Trump: North Korea nuclear summit is back on

Post by engineczar » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:21 am

GRTfast wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:08 am
I’ll reserve judgement until we see the outcome. There are plenty of things I don’t like about Trump, but I’m totally willing to give him a chance here. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
I agree. It wouldn't be a surprise if it gets postponed then again who knows. Whatever happens if anything will take time. Just the fact that they're even talking is a good thing.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4981
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Trump: North Korea nuclear summit is back on

Post by RevTheory » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:13 am

Donald Trump has a whole bunch of additional sanctions in his pocket so I think the real question is just how long lil' Kim wants to play chicken. I'm sure our satellites are hunkered down over his test sites so if he's up to some more sneaky shit, the Pentagon will know about it.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3956
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Trump: North Korea nuclear summit is back on

Post by j-c-c » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:18 am

:D
Last edited by j-c-c on Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3956
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Trump: North Korea nuclear summit is back on

Post by j-c-c » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:18 am

j-c-c wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:18 am
engineczar wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:21 am
GRTfast wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:08 am
I’ll reserve judgement until we see the outcome. There are plenty of things I don’t like about Trump, but I’m totally willing to give him a chance here. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
I agree. It wouldn't be a surprise if it gets postponed then again who knows. Whatever happens if anything will take time. Just the fact that they're even talking is a good thing.
Support that, other then making good headlines, since every con has the component of talking.

"If the deal seems too good to be true,........."

I'm not willing to give DT much of a chance if any, as his motives are not open or pure enough for me.
This very complicated matter with long reaching effects ( think Munich, Potsdam, Yalta, etc) is moving way too fast IMO, led by a guy known to shun preparation.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3956
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Trump: North Korea nuclear summit is back on

Post by j-c-c » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:24 am

Since DT has clearly stated "prep" is not his specialty, it's all about "tude" when negotiating with a nuke power that has threatened nuke exchanges. Maybe this is a time to review a blurb of history by us on the sidelines to not forget how the least prepped plans can go sideways:
Book by Frank E. Vandiver 2002 page 46

"People knew about troubles with Japan, but the presence of two emissaries from Tokyo, who were in talks with the Secretary of State Hull offered hopes for Pacific peace. And they were planning to talk gain that day (12/7/41). When the Japanese arrived at 2:20pm on December 7, 1941, Ambassador Nomura and special envoy Saburo Kurusu handed the Secretary a long dispatch from Tokyo which essentially rehashed old arguments. The message should have been delivered at 1:00pm, which would have anticipated the Pearl Harbor attack by about half an hour-just the warning time prescribed by the Emperor- but the translation ran slow and the emissaries waited."

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 9227
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Trump: North Korea nuclear summit is back on

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:06 pm

On drugs ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In-Tech
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:35 am

Re: Trump: North Korea nuclear summit is back on

Post by In-Tech » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:13 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:24 am
Since DT has clearly stated "prep" is not his specialty, it's all about "tude" when negotiating with a nuke power that has threatened nuke exchanges. Maybe this is a time to review a blurb of history by us on the sidelines to not forget how the least prepped plans can go sideways:
Book by Frank E. Vandiver 2002 page 46

"People knew about troubles with Japan, but the presence of two emissaries from Tokyo, who were in talks with the Secretary of State Hull offered hopes for Pacific peace. And they were planning to talk gain that day (12/7/41). When the Japanese arrived at 2:20pm on December 7, 1941, Ambassador Nomura and special envoy Saburo Kurusu handed the Secretary a long dispatch from Tokyo which essentially rehashed old arguments. The message should have been delivered at 1:00pm, which would have anticipated the Pearl Harbor attack by about half an hour-just the warning time prescribed by the Emperor- but the translation ran slow and the emissaries waited."
impromptu vs extemporaneous

yawn
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3956
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Trump: North Korea nuclear summit is back on

Post by j-c-c » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:07 pm

In-Tech wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:13 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:24 am
Since DT has clearly stated "prep" is not his specialty, it's all about "tude" when negotiating with a nuke power that has threatened nuke exchanges. Maybe this is a time to review a blurb of history by us on the sidelines to not forget how the least prepped plans can go sideways:
Book by Frank E. Vandiver 2002 page 46

"People knew about troubles with Japan, but the presence of two emissaries from Tokyo, who were in talks with the Secretary of State Hull offered hopes for Pacific peace. And they were planning to talk gain that day (12/7/41). When the Japanese arrived at 2:20pm on December 7, 1941, Ambassador Nomura and special envoy Saburo Kurusu handed the Secretary a long dispatch from Tokyo which essentially rehashed old arguments. The message should have been delivered at 1:00pm, which would have anticipated the Pearl Harbor attack by about half an hour-just the warning time prescribed by the Emperor- but the translation ran slow and the emissaries waited."
impromptu vs extemporaneous

yawn
Good night

im·promp·tu
imˈpräm(p)ˌt(y)o͞o/Submit
adjective & adverb
1.
done without being planned, organized, or rehearsed.
"an impromptu press conference"
synonyms: unrehearsed, unprepared, unscripted, extempore, extemporized, extemporaneous, improvised, spontaneous, unplanned; More

ex·tem·po·ra·ne·ous
ikˌstempəˈrānēəs/Submit
adjective
spoken or done without preparation.
"an extemporaneous speech"

In-Tech
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:35 am

Re: Trump: North Korea nuclear summit is back on

Post by In-Tech » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:28 pm

Extemporaneous, which comes from Latin ex tempore ("out of the time"), joined the English language sometime in the mid-17th century. The word impromptu was improvised soon after that. In general usage, extemporaneous and impromptu are used interchangeably to describe off-the-cuff remarks or speeches, but this is not the case when they are used in reference to the learned art of public speaking. Teachers of speech will tell you that an extemporaneous speech is one that has been thoroughly prepared and planned but not memorized, whereas an impromptu speech is one for which absolutely no preparations have been made.

Before you just google a word try to understand why two "identical" word meanings would be included in the same statement. I guess you never had Forensics in high school.

Nonetheless, yawn. :mrgreen:
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3956
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Trump: North Korea nuclear summit is back on

Post by j-c-c » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:56 am

In-Tech wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:28 pm
Extemporaneous, which comes from Latin ex tempore ("out of the time"), joined the English language sometime in the mid-17th century. The word impromptu was improvised soon after that. In general usage, extemporaneous and impromptu are used interchangeably to describe off-the-cuff remarks or speeches, but this is not the case when they are used in reference to the learned art of public speaking. Teachers of speech will tell you that an extemporaneous speech is one that has been thoroughly prepared and planned but not memorized, whereas an impromptu speech is one for which absolutely no preparations have been made.

Before you just google a word try to understand why two "identical" word meanings would be included in the same statement. I guess you never had Forensics in high school.

Nonetheless, yawn. :mrgreen:
Your point, we are no longer speaking Latin?

And get some sleep, because whatever your point you are trying to make, all I am finding is a non sequitur.

Post Reply