April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by GRTfast » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:31 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:51 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:44 am
gmrocket wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:28 am
Or believe a mechanical engineer hanging out in speedtalk?

I totally forgot about the "dynamic feedback@ Hahahaha

Is that the feedback that makes predictions on climate so accurate , they can't tell you if it's going to rain or shine the next day? The fact is all the models do not work... that's what they are saying.

And you expect us to believe they can predict the climate will be 1 degree warmer 100 years from now....classic!

Your in the same group as bill nye the science guy and self proclaimed climate change expert.. he's just a mechanical engineer too.

Now I know what I’m dealing with for sure. Someone who doesn’t understand the difference between climate and weather. :lol: oh man.

No wonder you fall for the BS positions presented by those guys you mentioned. You literally have no knowledge on the subject, so you default to the position of supporting those who back your political position. More Dunning Kruger echo chamber shenanigans.

Let me ask you this. If me being a mechanical engineer renders me incapable of understanding the subject matter, what is it that qualifies you to do so? My education and profession have provided me with expertise on subjects such as: feedback control, numerical modeling methods, methods of measurement, advanced mathematics (calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, etc..), advanced physics, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer just to touch on some of the main subjects. This training gives me the skills to digest the information published by scientists of various fields.

What do you have in your mental toolbox to help you understand what you’re reading when it comes to subjects like this?

If you expect to be taken seriously in a debate, you need a basic understanding of the topic, and you need to successfully counter the information presented. Ad hominem attacks and/or deflection only serve to expose your ignorance and immaturity. Touting the denialism of people who clearly have little to no knowledge on the subject (or are purposefully misleading) is weak but forgivable given the recently revealed depth of your ignorance on the subject matter.
Ya ya, I get it...your smarter than me and those 3 guys I told you about. There are thousands out there in that field who also call bs on the new religion..I'll send you 3 at a time , you can come back with 3 responses about how you get it because your an engineer.

That should keep you busy for a while.

you can use all those fancy skills you have...coupled with the dynamic feedback
The appeal to authority fallacy doesn’t even make sense when the experts you tout are not in the field, and support the minority position.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1910
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by gmrocket » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:43 pm

I'm waiting for the Patrick Moore slam.

Can you do him too?

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3712
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:59 pm

When it comes to the climate / weather only the well educated in the Marxist owned colleges know anything. Yeah its almost like the great almighty god in heaven has trained them, well according to all the devout believers in the climate change religion anyway. In reality they all know absolutely nothing about it. All they are there for is to support the agenda.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by GRTfast » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:32 am

You guys are out of your minds here in your Dunning Kruger echo chamber. The fact that you try to label scientific findings and the recognition of those findings as a religion is stunningly juvenile. I have no stake in “the agenda”. I work in energy, and our group largely supports fossil based power generation. I love loud, toxic gas spewing engines. Nothing about my life, hobbies, or my job benefits in any way from any “agenda” aside from the fact that I might have clean water and air for longer than I would otherwise.

The best part is, you bring ZERO facts to the table. Just a bunch of half retarded critiques of the science as you understand it, which is pretty much not at all. Read a book.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by GRTfast » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:33 am

gmrocket wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:43 pm
I'm waiting for the Patrick Moore slam.

Can you do him too?
Don’t hold your breath, I can see no one here is interested in an informed discussion.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1910
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by gmrocket » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:18 am

GRTfast wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:33 am
gmrocket wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:43 pm
I'm waiting for the Patrick Moore slam.

Can you do him too?
Don’t hold your breath, I can see no one here is interested in an informed discussion.
Oh please, rip his theory apart ok?

As far as informed discussion,, this is what we know so far.

No sane person believes the climate changers on the temp rise 100 years from now because they can't even get close on predicting the "climate" change 1 year from now .

When the climate changers start living the do as I do lifestyle, and not the do as I say lifestyle...then they might have some credibility. Right now it's zero

The biggest polluters in the world have no interest in "getting on board" the new religion band wagon...and if you think being virtuous about reducing your carbon footprint will get those big polluters to see the light... no way.

look around the world now, climate change has really taken a back seat in people's minds..latest poles show that climate change is one of the lowest on the list of people's priorities in life..and it drops year over year.

That's a fact, people are not willing to give up , or go backwards in their lifestyle. There has just been way to many "predictions " that failed and were so so wrong.

im carbon neutral and the country I live in is a net positive ...so the way I see it, other countries should be sending us money . We are eating the carbon for free right now, and I think that sucks

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by GRTfast » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:08 am

gmrocket wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:18 am
GRTfast wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:33 am
gmrocket wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:43 pm
I'm waiting for the Patrick Moore slam.

Can you do him too?
Don’t hold your breath, I can see no one here is interested in an informed discussion.
Oh please, rip his theory apart ok?

As far as informed discussion,, this is what we know so far.

No sane person believes the climate changers on the temp rise 100 years from now because they can't even get close on predicting the "climate" change 1 year from now .

When the climate changers start living the do as I do lifestyle, and not the do as I say lifestyle...then they might have some credibility. Right now it's zero

The biggest polluters in the world have no interest in "getting on board" the new religion band wagon...and if you think being virtuous about reducing your carbon footprint will get those big polluters to see the light... no way.

look around the world now, climate change has really taken a back seat in people's minds..latest poles show that climate change is one of the lowest on the list of people's priorities in life..and it drops year over year.

That's a fact, people are not willing to give up , or go backwards in their lifestyle. There has just been way to many "predictions " that failed and were so so wrong.

im carbon neutral and the country I live in is a net positive ...so the way I see it, other countries should be sending us money . We are eating the carbon for free right now, and I think that sucks
You keep bringing up this “we can’t predict the weather a week from now, so how do we know what the climate will be in 50 years” argument.

No sane person who understands the difference between climate and weather will give that perspective any credibility, and here’s why.

Imagine someone is filling a swimming pool. Trying to predict the weather is like trying to predict the precise height of a single wave at a single location at an exact moment. It’s virtually impossible to do that. However, predicting the climate is like predicting the average height of the surface of water in the entire pool. This is very easy.

This is an extremely simple and basic concept. When you make the argument you’re trying to make, it makes people laugh because it shows that you are arguing against something that you have no idea about. You’re ignorant (not stupid) of the basic concepts at work on this topic. Accordingly, you resort to an appeal to emotion logical fallacy to shore up your position. Anyone who’s put out the necessary effort to understand the difference between climate and weather, and how the mechanisms for predicting them work can see that you have no idea what you’re talking about. It is literally like you’re arguing against algebra or calculus by saying that “math don’t got letters in it”.

The rest of your post is political/economical in nature, and I tend to agree with most of it. I am focusing on what the science says, how the conclusions are reached, and the validity of those conclusions. What we do about it, or why it does or doesn’t matter is another topic from my perspective.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1910
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by gmrocket » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:55 am

I never mentioned the "weather " once in my last post. I specifically said climate and that's what I said they cannot predict, or fail to get the change correct.

So why do you say I keep saying weather?

The climate is always changing, it's the change they can't predict.

It doesn't help the cause any when we find out numbers get fudged for predictions past and present.... and the wild climate predictions that were suppose to make life unbearable came and went.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by GRTfast » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:14 am

gmrocket wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:55 am
I never mentioned the "weather " once in my last post. I specifically said climate and that's what I said they cannot predict, or fail to get the change correct.

So why do you say I keep saying weather?

The climate is always changing, it's the change they can't predict.

It doesn't help the cause any when we find out numbers get fudged for predictions past and present.... and the wild climate predictions that were suppose to make life unbearable came and went.
This forum needs a face palm smiley.

Global climate (the topic here) is predicted with stunning accuracy. I’m not sure where you’re getting your facts. Local climate over the short term is....... weather!

This number fudging you’re touting is also not what you make it out to be. The adjustments that have occurred were done to make the data more accurate, as it was discovered that sensors were out of calibration, or off for other reasons. If you dyno an engine on Pike’s peak, then correct for atmospheric pressure, did you fudge the numbers?

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1910
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by gmrocket » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:03 pm

Actually, the topic was a cold April in response to the other warm April post...is that warmth considered weather or climate? And ya, I forgot all about the sensors being out of sinc...is that like the problem they now have with where the sensors are that record temp? Now the area is totally different than before, so the temps are not an accurate comparison

So what's the fix for this problem? Can we be taxed enough to reverse the climate change

Remember, I'm ignorant... so explain it so I'll understand

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4327
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by Ken0069 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:33 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:32 pm
The info is right from sanfordandsons first post on April 2018 being the 400th consecutive warmer than average month

read down where it says "on the flip side"

Funny he didn't use that as his scary headline
Well, I have him (and others) blocked I don't read the bullshit the f...ing M0R0NS write so a link would have been nice!!

Just saying.......................
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by GRTfast » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:52 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:03 pm
Actually, the topic was a cold April in response to the other warm April post...is that warmth considered weather or climate? And ya, I forgot all about the sensors being out of sinc...is that like the problem they now have with where the sensors are that record temp? Now the area is totally different than before, so the temps are not an accurate comparison

So what's the fix for this problem? Can we be taxed enough to reverse the climate change

Remember, I'm ignorant... so explain it so I'll understand
If you were interested in understanding, you’d figure it out for yourself.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1910
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by gmrocket » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:52 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:52 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:03 pm
Actually, the topic was a cold April in response to the other warm April post...is that warmth considered weather or climate? And ya, I forgot all about the sensors being out of sinc...is that like the problem they now have with where the sensors are that record temp? Now the area is totally different than before, so the temps are not an accurate comparison

So what's the fix for this problem? Can we be taxed enough to reverse the climate change

Remember, I'm ignorant... so explain it so I'll understand
If you were interested in understanding, you’d figure it out for yourself.
What I've figured out is I have a nice big CO2 sink on my property..and our boreal forest here does a pretty good job at gobbling up neutralizing a good portion of the approx 1% of our hit of the total carbon footprint

So I'm good to go, zero guilt. Love my hot rods and engines.. I'll let the lefties worry themselves sick over it..

Post Reply