April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by gmrocket » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:49 am

GRTfast wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:54 am
Another meme, right on queue. You realize this makes my point don’t you?! couldn’t have scripted it any better. Nice! :lol:
Gotta admit, it's pretty funny. What would we do without a whacky truth meme now and then.

Oh ya, we would end up like you...YIKES!

GRTfast
Expert
Expert
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by GRTfast » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:22 am

gmrocket wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:49 am
GRTfast wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:54 am
Another meme, right on queue. You realize this makes my point don’t you?! couldn’t have scripted it any better. Nice! :lol:
Gotta admit, it's pretty funny. What would we do without a whacky truth meme now and then.

Oh ya, we would end up like you...YIKES!
"truth meme" :lol:

good one.

For what it's worth, I'm 100% open to fact and evidence based critiques of my position, and/or of the information I present. I am skilled at, and enjoy intellectual debate.

So far, I haven't see anything in here from the "globull wermin' is a lubril conspiracy" crew aside from various logical fallacies, ad hominem attacks, and memes. I get the feeling this place is more of a self sustaining disinformation re-generator than it is a group interesting in rational discourse. That is all well and good, just don't fool yourself into thinking it's based in reality in any way.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by gmrocket » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:47 am

GRTfast wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:22 am
gmrocket wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:49 am
GRTfast wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:54 am
Another meme, right on queue. You realize this makes my point don’t you?! couldn’t have scripted it any better. Nice! :lol:
Gotta admit, it's pretty funny. What would we do without a whacky truth meme now and then.

Oh ya, we would end up like you...YIKES!
"truth meme" :lol:

good one.

For what it's worth, I'm 100% open to fact and evidence based critiques of my position, and/or of the information I present. I am skilled at, and enjoy intellectual debate.

So far, I haven't see anything in here from the "globull wermin' is a lubril conspiracy" crew aside from various logical fallacies, ad hominem attacks, and memes. I get the feeling this place is more of a self sustaining disinformation re-generator than it is a group interesting in rational discourse. That is all well and good, just don't fool yourself into thinking it's based in reality in any way.
Your funny.. the "skilled" part is best.

The meme about al gore, which went about a mile over your head is actually fact based.

He said both of those things..

GRTfast
Expert
Expert
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by GRTfast » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:53 am

gmrocket wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:47 am
GRTfast wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:22 am
gmrocket wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:49 am


Gotta admit, it's pretty funny. What would we do without a whacky truth meme now and then.

Oh ya, we would end up like you...YIKES!
"truth meme" :lol:

good one.

For what it's worth, I'm 100% open to fact and evidence based critiques of my position, and/or of the information I present. I am skilled at, and enjoy intellectual debate.

So far, I haven't see anything in here from the "globull wermin' is a lubril conspiracy" crew aside from various logical fallacies, ad hominem attacks, and memes. I get the feeling this place is more of a self sustaining disinformation re-generator than it is a group interesting in rational discourse. That is all well and good, just don't fool yourself into thinking it's based in reality in any way.
Your funny.. the "skilled" part is best.

The meme about al gore, which went about a mile over your head is actually fact based.

He said both of those things..
*you're =P~

I give zero f#%ks about what Al Gore or any other politician has to say about scientific topics. You’ll notice that all the supporting evidence i provide is either a link to a scientific journal, or an article that references scientific journals, or scientific reports.

For sure, politicians on both sides cherry pic data and information to exploit for their own gains and agenda. I’m not interested in this at all, it’s been going on forever, and will never stop. I’m interested in what’s actually happening from a data/analysis perspective. Al Gore is a moron. No one should get their science from a politician. If I post a scientific journal article and you reply with an Al Gore meme, I’m not the one who’s missing something. I've yet to see one attempt at refuting any of the information I've linked to. I'm willing to bet those links haven't even been clicked on, and if they have, no one has gotten past the first page. The reason for that is, that actual science isn't that easy to digest. It takes work. It's a lot easier to just assume that your incomplete and broken understanding of the topic is the reality of it, and move forward with "gotcha" memes. That easy path is lazy and intellectually dishonest.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by gmrocket » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:13 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:53 am
gmrocket wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:47 am
GRTfast wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:22 am


"truth meme" :lol:

good one.

For what it's worth, I'm 100% open to fact and evidence based critiques of my position, and/or of the information I present. I am skilled at, and enjoy intellectual debate.

So far, I haven't see anything in here from the "globull wermin' is a lubril conspiracy" crew aside from various logical fallacies, ad hominem attacks, and memes. I get the feeling this place is more of a self sustaining disinformation re-generator than it is a group interesting in rational discourse. That is all well and good, just don't fool yourself into thinking it's based in reality in any way.
Your funny.. the "skilled" part is best.

The meme about al gore, which went about a mile over your head is actually fact based.

He said both of those things..
*you're =P~

I give zero f#%ks about what Al Gore or any other politician has to say about scientific topics. You’ll notice that all the supporting evidence i provide is either a link to a scientific journal, or an article that references scientific journals, or scientific reports.

For sure, politicians on both sides cherry pic data and information to exploit for their own gains and agenda. I’m not interested in this at all, it’s been going on forever, and will never stop. I’m interested in what’s actually happening from a data/analysis perspective. Al Gore is a moron. No one should get their science from a politician. If I post a scientific journal article and you reply with an Al Gore meme, I’m not the one who’s missing something. I've yet to see one attempt at refuting any of the information I've linked to. I'm willing to bet those links haven't even been clicked on, and if they have, no one has gotten past the first page. The reason for that is, that actual science isn't that easy to digest. It takes work. It's a lot easier to just assume that your incomplete and broken understanding of the topic is the reality of it, and move forward with "gotcha" memes. That easy path is lazy and intellectually dishonest.
Actually, the lazy azz way is too post links..just like your doing and making yourself feel smart by saying we are too lazy to read them.

I'll figure it out for myself and make conclusions based on everything...or I could go the lazy route like you and post some links from Patrick Moore the ex green peace activist who came to his senses, or from Nobel physicist Ivar Giaever, or Dr Timothy Ball...or 70 or so others in the field who are calling out the bs

Correct my grammar first before you respond ok,, I have a couple hidden nuggets in it for you and the tall foreheads

GRTfast
Expert
Expert
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by GRTfast » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:04 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:13 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:53 am
gmrocket wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:47 am


Your funny.. the "skilled" part is best.

The meme about al gore, which went about a mile over your head is actually fact based.

He said both of those things..
*you're =P~

I give zero f#%ks about what Al Gore or any other politician has to say about scientific topics. You’ll notice that all the supporting evidence i provide is either a link to a scientific journal, or an article that references scientific journals, or scientific reports.

For sure, politicians on both sides cherry pic data and information to exploit for their own gains and agenda. I’m not interested in this at all, it’s been going on forever, and will never stop. I’m interested in what’s actually happening from a data/analysis perspective. Al Gore is a moron. No one should get their science from a politician. If I post a scientific journal article and you reply with an Al Gore meme, I’m not the one who’s missing something. I've yet to see one attempt at refuting any of the information I've linked to. I'm willing to bet those links haven't even been clicked on, and if they have, no one has gotten past the first page. The reason for that is, that actual science isn't that easy to digest. It takes work. It's a lot easier to just assume that your incomplete and broken understanding of the topic is the reality of it, and move forward with "gotcha" memes. That easy path is lazy and intellectually dishonest.
Actually, the lazy azz way is too post links..just like your doing and making yourself feel smart by saying we are too lazy to read them.

I'll figure it out for myself and make conclusions based on everything...or I could go the lazy route like you and post some links from Patrick Moore the ex green peace activist who came to his senses, or from Nobel physicist Ivar Giaever, or Dr Timothy Ball...or 70 or so others in the field who are calling out the bs

Correct my grammar first before you respond ok,, I have a couple hidden nuggets in it for you and the tall foreheads
Keep telling yourself that me backing my stance with data and evidence is lazy. That's beyond funny.

If you truly make your conclusions based on "everything" as you say, then that means you've already reviewed and found the errors in the information I've provided correct? Care to share your critiques and analysis? You know that's how science works don't you?

Also, please provide the links you're referencing. I'd like to take a look. There is nothing wrong with posting stuff that supports your position.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by gmrocket » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:07 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:04 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:13 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:53 am


*you're =P~

I give zero f#%ks about what Al Gore or any other politician has to say about scientific topics. You’ll notice that all the supporting evidence i provide is either a link to a scientific journal, or an article that references scientific journals, or scientific reports.

For sure, politicians on both sides cherry pic data and information to exploit for their own gains and agenda. I’m not interested in this at all, it’s been going on forever, and will never stop. I’m interested in what’s actually happening from a data/analysis perspective. Al Gore is a moron. No one should get their science from a politician. If I post a scientific journal article and you reply with an Al Gore meme, I’m not the one who’s missing something. I've yet to see one attempt at refuting any of the information I've linked to. I'm willing to bet those links haven't even been clicked on, and if they have, no one has gotten past the first page. The reason for that is, that actual science isn't that easy to digest. It takes work. It's a lot easier to just assume that your incomplete and broken understanding of the topic is the reality of it, and move forward with "gotcha" memes. That easy path is lazy and intellectually dishonest.
Actually, the lazy azz way is too post links..just like your doing and making yourself feel smart by saying we are too lazy to read them.

I'll figure it out for myself and make conclusions based on everything...or I could go the lazy route like you and post some links from Patrick Moore the ex green peace activist who came to his senses, or from Nobel physicist Ivar Giaever, or Dr Timothy Ball...or 70 or so others in the field who are calling out the bs

Correct my grammar first before you respond ok,, I have a couple hidden nuggets in it for you and the tall foreheads
Keep telling yourself that me backing my stance with data and evidence is lazy. That's beyond funny.

If you truly make your conclusions based on "everything" as you say, then that means you've already reviewed and found the errors in the information I've provided correct? Care to share your critiques and analysis? You know that's how science works don't you?

Also, please provide the links you're referencing. I'd like to take a look. There is nothing wrong with posting stuff that supports your position.
If you have to ask me to post any info from the three people I mentioned,then that proves you have never heard the other side.

Look those three up..you'll first get lots of left wing hit pieces on them just because thats the way search engines work these days.

All three have a lot of backing within the scientific community.

GRTfast
Expert
Expert
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by GRTfast » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:49 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:07 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:04 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:13 pm


Actually, the lazy azz way is too post links..just like your doing and making yourself feel smart by saying we are too lazy to read them.

I'll figure it out for myself and make conclusions based on everything...or I could go the lazy route like you and post some links from Patrick Moore the ex green peace activist who came to his senses, or from Nobel physicist Ivar Giaever, or Dr Timothy Ball...or 70 or so others in the field who are calling out the bs

Correct my grammar first before you respond ok,, I have a couple hidden nuggets in it for you and the tall foreheads
Keep telling yourself that me backing my stance with data and evidence is lazy. That's beyond funny.

If you truly make your conclusions based on "everything" as you say, then that means you've already reviewed and found the errors in the information I've provided correct? Care to share your critiques and analysis? You know that's how science works don't you?

Also, please provide the links you're referencing. I'd like to take a look. There is nothing wrong with posting stuff that supports your position.
If you have to ask me to post any info from the three people I mentioned,then that proves you have never heard the other side.

Look those three up..you'll first get lots of left wing hit pieces on them just because thats the way search engines work these days.

All three have a lot of backing within the scientific community.
Let's take on Ball to show you what I'm talking about. I found one of his articles (provided below) where he states the following as a "gotcha" :

"They assume that a CO2 increase causes a temperature increase. It doesn’t, in every record the temperature increases before CO2. The only place where a CO2 increase causes a temperature increase is in the computer models of the IPCC. This partly explains why every single temperature forecast (they call them projections) the IPCC made since 1990 was wrong. If your forecast is wrong, your science is wrong."

The problem with this is, it's a bit of a strawman argument, and it ignores the dynamic feedback that happens in a complex non-linear system such as our climate. He is cherry picking the part that fits his narrative. In the past, temperatures swings were gradual, and were mostly initiated by orbit changes , long term solar output fluxuations, and precession of the earth's axis. These are known fact, and not ignored or disputed by climate scientists as Ball states (this is the strawman part of his claim). At this point, he uses the fact that historic temperature data precedes co2 level increase, and deems the entire body of climate science wrong as such. This the cherry picking part.

Back to the facts... these historic and gradual temperature swings that Ball identifies caused co2 levels to rise due to many factors. The most dominant of those factors is the solubility of co2 in seawater. As the temperature of seawater rises, less co2 can be dissolved in it. Consequently, the seawater releases co2 into the atmosphere. Here's the key realization, and something Ball 100% ignores. While the initial warming historically preceded rising co2 levels, the resultant increase in co2 accelerated the warming, leading to some 90% of the warming occurring after the co2 levels began to increase. The vast majority of the warming is directly caused by, and correlated to the increase in co2 that was initially triggered by non c02 related warming.. this is called dynamic feedback.

This phenomenon has been used to show how we know co2 levels affect average global temperature.

Ball's article:
https://www.technocracy.news/dr-tim-bal ... n-history/

What the science says about co2 lagging historical temp rises:
https://skepticalscience.com/co2-lags-temperature.htm

Today, we are increasing co2 levels artificially, and at a rate some 100+ times as much as the rates that were naturally induced by global temperature swings. I wonder what effect that's going to have (clears throat, "is already having")?!? Gee, it's a mystery.

You see how easy it is to debunk one of this guy's major "gotcha" claims? No hit piece needed. I just read one of his cornerstone claims, then showed how it is utter BS with some basic scientific findings. I'm just a lowly mechanical engineer. Image how retarded his claims look to someone who is an expert in the field. Yikes.

As a man of science, he undoubtedly knows the reality of the situation. That makes him not only intellectually bankrupt, but also deliberately dishonest. Shame on him.

GRTfast
Expert
Expert
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by GRTfast » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:36 am

Next, let’s take a look at Giaever. Let it sink in that the totality of this research on climate change consists of a half a day on google. This guy’s expertise is quantum tunneling and superconductors. Would you take engine building advice from a biologist who spent half a day on speedtalk looking at various threads?

Here’s the quote from Giaever where he reveals how much work he’s put into understanding climate science findings:

"I am not really terribly interested in global warming. Like most physicists I don't think much about it. But in 2008 I was in a panel here about global warming and I had to learn something about it. And I spent a day or so - half a day maybe on Google, and I was horrified by what I learned. And I'm going to try to explain to you why that was the case."

I don’t think I need to go any further to make my point, but I will if you’d like. Present any of the claims that these guys you’re championing make and I’ll address them line by line. I’m guessing the lack of response to my debunking of Ball’s borderline retarded claims was embarrassing enough for you to the idea of how it will go with me when you attempt to argue something you have no idea about.

Let me know how you’d like to proceed.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by gmrocket » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:28 am

Or believe a mechanical engineer hanging out in speedtalk?

I totally forgot about the "dynamic feedback@ Hahahaha

Is that the feedback that makes predictions on climate so accurate , they can't tell you if it's going to rain or shine the next day? The fact is all the models do not work... that's what they are saying.

And you expect us to believe they can predict the climate will be 1 degree warmer 100 years from now....classic!

Your in the same group as bill nye the science guy and self proclaimed climate change expert.. he's just a mechanical engineer too.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3993
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by RevTheory » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:41 am

Speaking of computer models, I found it quite interesting last year when they couldn't tell if the hurricane was going to hit Florida on the West or the East eight hours from now but they can sure predict a half a degree in 100 years.

GRTfast
Expert
Expert
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by GRTfast » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:44 am

gmrocket wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:28 am
Or believe a mechanical engineer hanging out in speedtalk?

I totally forgot about the "dynamic feedback@ Hahahaha

Is that the feedback that makes predictions on climate so accurate , they can't tell you if it's going to rain or shine the next day? The fact is all the models do not work... that's what they are saying.

And you expect us to believe they can predict the climate will be 1 degree warmer 100 years from now....classic!

Your in the same group as bill nye the science guy and self proclaimed climate change expert.. he's just a mechanical engineer too.

Now I know what I’m dealing with for sure. Someone who doesn’t understand the difference between climate and weather. :lol: oh man.

No wonder you fall for the BS positions presented by those guys you mentioned. You literally have no knowledge on the subject, so you default to the position of supporting those who back your political position. More Dunning Kruger echo chamber shenanigans.

Let me ask you this. If me being a mechanical engineer renders me incapable of understanding the subject matter, what is it that qualifies you to do so? My education and profession have provided me with expertise on subjects such as: feedback control, numerical modeling methods, methods of measurement, advanced mathematics (calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, etc..), advanced physics, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer just to touch on some of the main subjects. This training gives me the skills to digest the information published by scientists of various fields.

What do you have in your mental toolbox to help you understand what you’re reading when it comes to subjects like this?

If you expect to be taken seriously in a debate, you need a basic understanding of the topic, and you need to successfully counter the information presented. Ad hominem attacks and/or deflection only serve to expose your ignorance and immaturity. Touting the denialism of people who clearly have little to no knowledge on the subject (or are purposefully misleading) is weak but forgivable given the recently revealed depth of your ignorance on the subject matter.
Last edited by GRTfast on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

In-Tech
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:35 am

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by In-Tech » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:06 am

I have a goldfish,
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Oh, I thought you wanted to talk about some shit that just doesn't matter. :mrgreen:
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl

GRTfast
Expert
Expert
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by GRTfast » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:14 am

In-Tech wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:06 am
I have a goldfish,
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Oh, I thought you wanted to talk about some shit that just doesn't matter. :mrgreen:
:lol:

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: April 2018 Was Earth's coldest april in 1200 months

Post by gmrocket » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:51 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:44 am
gmrocket wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:28 am
Or believe a mechanical engineer hanging out in speedtalk?

I totally forgot about the "dynamic feedback@ Hahahaha

Is that the feedback that makes predictions on climate so accurate , they can't tell you if it's going to rain or shine the next day? The fact is all the models do not work... that's what they are saying.

And you expect us to believe they can predict the climate will be 1 degree warmer 100 years from now....classic!

Your in the same group as bill nye the science guy and self proclaimed climate change expert.. he's just a mechanical engineer too.

Now I know what I’m dealing with for sure. Someone who doesn’t understand the difference between climate and weather. :lol: oh man.

No wonder you fall for the BS positions presented by those guys you mentioned. You literally have no knowledge on the subject, so you default to the position of supporting those who back your political position. More Dunning Kruger echo chamber shenanigans.

Let me ask you this. If me being a mechanical engineer renders me incapable of understanding the subject matter, what is it that qualifies you to do so? My education and profession have provided me with expertise on subjects such as: feedback control, numerical modeling methods, methods of measurement, advanced mathematics (calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, etc..), advanced physics, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer just to touch on some of the main subjects. This training gives me the skills to digest the information published by scientists of various fields.

What do you have in your mental toolbox to help you understand what you’re reading when it comes to subjects like this?

If you expect to be taken seriously in a debate, you need a basic understanding of the topic, and you need to successfully counter the information presented. Ad hominem attacks and/or deflection only serve to expose your ignorance and immaturity. Touting the denialism of people who clearly have little to no knowledge on the subject (or are purposefully misleading) is weak but forgivable given the recently revealed depth of your ignorance on the subject matter.
Ya ya, I get it...your smarter than me and those 3 guys I told you about. There are thousands out there in that field who also call bs on the new religion..I'll send you 3 at a time , you can come back with 3 responses about how you get it because your an engineer.

That should keep you busy for a while.

you can use all those fancy skills you have...coupled with the dynamic feedback

Post Reply