Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8362
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu May 17, 2018 10:56 am

Congress has been requesting this information for 7 years. This is another campaign promise that President Trump is fulfilling. =D> GO TRUMP GO

The U.S. Justice Department has agreed to provide congressional investigators confidential records on a failed gun-trafficking operation during the Obama administration known as "Fast and Furious" that long has been criticized by Republican lawmakers.
In a statement issued on Wednesday, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the Justice Department would hand over documents to the Republican-led House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Government Reform that had been withheld by Democratic former President Barack Obama's administration.

The agreement reached by Republican President Donald Trump's administration will effectively end a six-year long legal battle in which the committee had gone to federal court to try to enforce a subpoena it had issued to obtain the records.
Congressional Republicans have been pressing the Justice Department for years about the operation. Named after a movie about car racing, the operation sought to curb gun-trafficking criminals who were selling weapons to Mexican drug cartels.

In June 2012, the Republican-led House voted to hold Attorney General Eric Holder, an Obama appointee, in contempt for failing to turn over documents about the operation. The committee sued Holder for access to the documents in August 2012. Obama asserted executive privilege to block the disclosure of the documents.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1GJ2KH?

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2687
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

Post by j-c-c » Thu May 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Set a precedent DT, one day you will also be out of office, and your shenanigans will come to light, for decades. =D>

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8362
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu May 17, 2018 12:36 pm

An extreme case of TDS syndrome. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2687
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

Post by j-c-c » Thu May 17, 2018 2:56 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:36 pm
An extreme case of TDS syndrome. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Protest digging up decade old? Manafort shady deals, but Obama era gun smuggling rehash is fair game, impressive. [-X

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3304
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

Post by Firedome8 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:06 pm

When are we going to bring the Bush mob to justice for war crimes?

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3340
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

Post by exhaustgases » Thu May 17, 2018 4:23 pm

Its going to hurt all the commies here to see what their favorite deep state has done. I just hope all that info shows the real purpose of fast furious is to attack the guns just like mandalay and florida school.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8362
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu May 17, 2018 5:04 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:56 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:36 pm
An extreme case of TDS syndrome. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Protest digging up decade old? Manafort shady deals, but Obama era gun smuggling rehash is fair game, impressive. [-X
Are you really this ignorant? Congress which has oversight per the Constitution has requested the documentation in regards to the gun smuggling by the Obama administration. The request is 7 years old.

As to Manafort that is a banking case that does not need a special council to investigate. The judge in the case has the same question. The case should be handled through normal channels. It has nothing to do with the Trump/Russia collusion.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2687
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

Post by j-c-c » Thu May 17, 2018 5:06 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 5:04 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:56 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:36 pm
An extreme case of TDS syndrome. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Protest digging up decade old? Manafort shady deals, but Obama era gun smuggling rehash is fair game, impressive. [-X
Are you really this ignorant? Congress which has oversight per the Constitution has requested the documentation in regards to the gun smuggling by the Obama administration. The request is 7 years old.

As to Manafort that is a banking case that does not need a special council to investigate. The judge in the case has the same question. The case should be handled through normal channels. It has nothing to do with the Trump/Russia collusion.
Nice deflection, again.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8362
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu May 17, 2018 5:11 pm

No deflection, just stating the facts. Do you have anything else that is relevant to say?

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2687
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

Post by j-c-c » Thu May 17, 2018 5:40 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 5:11 pm
No deflection, just stating the facts. Do you have anything else that is relevant to say?
"As to Manafort that is a banking case that does not need a special council to investigate. The judge in the case has the same question. The case should be handled through normal channels. It has nothing to do with the Trump/Russia collusion."

Who cares who digs it up, decide, its old and over, or we go back and retry Jesus while we are at it?

"Relevant" to to you or me? #-o

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8362
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu May 17, 2018 5:43 pm

Keep digging that hole. Is a 12 year old bank case in Muller's mandate? If so why?

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2687
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

Post by j-c-c » Thu May 17, 2018 8:54 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 5:43 pm
Keep digging that hole. Is a 12 year old bank case in Muller's mandate? If so why?
Why do you care if it is or not?

Not holding people accountable seems very partisan lately. Why is that?

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3340
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

Post by exhaustgases » Thu May 17, 2018 11:00 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:54 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 5:43 pm
Keep digging that hole. Is a 12 year old bank case in Muller's mandate? If so why?
Why do you care if it is or not?

Not holding people accountable seems very partisan lately. Why is that?
Accountable? I guess you forgot about the big fish commy let off the hook. Forget the sardines for now, too many big fish to fry.
And especially to dig into this gun crap as well. All part of the agenda.

User avatar
woody b
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1380
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Re: Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

Post by woody b » Fri May 18, 2018 9:37 pm

The "Fast and Furious" was a big mistake by Obama and company, but unlike many other things done by the Obama administration I think it was just a (big) mistake, not criminal. There's plenty of real crimes committed by Obama, Hillary and others to send them all to jail for a long time.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

lefty o
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1276
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:50 am

Re: Trump administration to provide records on Obama-era gun-smuggling probe

Post by lefty o » Fri May 18, 2018 10:31 pm

woody b wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:37 pm
The "Fast and Furious" was a big mistake by Obama and company, but unlike many other things done by the Obama administration I think it was just a (big) mistake, not criminal. There's plenty of real crimes committed by Obama, Hillary and others to send them all to jail for a long time.
i agree it was a huge mistake, however i believe it was criminal. eric holder should be sitting in a jail cell along with a few others over the illegal gun running they were doing.

Post Reply