GOP 'Flips' 48th District in PA Special Election

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

GOP 'Flips' 48th District in PA Special Election

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed May 16, 2018 10:45 am

This was a BIG win in this district. The GOP didn’t field a candidate here in 2016. This is also coal country.

"Republican Tim O’Neal cracked the 4,000-vote threshold in Washington County’s 48th Legislative District, according to unofficial returns from the Washington County elections office, and declared victory.
O’Neal, a veteran of the Afghanistan War who earned a “V” for valor and a Bronze Star, advertised this in contrast to that of Mitchell, an attorney, whom he portrayed playing the video game “Call of Duty.”

https://observer-reporter.com/news/elec ... 777cb.html

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Re: GOP 'Flips' 48th District in PA Special Election

Post by sanfordandson » Wed May 16, 2018 10:56 am

I had hope for the GOP till i saw the rest of the results. Not good when you consider a "draw" a big win.
It’s a draw. Tuesday’s special elections for State House saw Republicans flip the 48th and Democrats flip the 178th.

In the 48th, Republican Tim O’Neal defeated Democrat Clark Mitchell. The seat was formerly held by Democratic state Rep. Brandon Neuman who vacated the seat when he was sworn in as a Judge for Washington County. The final tally was 55% to 44%.

In the 178th, Democrat Helen Tai defeated Republican Wendi Thomas in Bucks County.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed May 16, 2018 1:21 pm

You do realize that the dimoKKKRATS were successful in having Pennsylvania redistricted in their favor. I would say a draw is a big win. :D GO TRUMP GO

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Wed May 16, 2018 2:27 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:21 pm
You do realize that the dimoKKKRATS were successful in having Pennsylvania redistricted in their favor. I would say a draw is a big win. :D GO TRUMP GO
These were special elections, so old districts.

The primaries also held last night were for the new districts that we will use for the midterms.....many seats will change hand here in PA come Nov, but the specail elections are not related to that.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer