Senator Chuck Grassley Drops Atomic Sledgehammer on FBI – Requests FBI Reports and Testimony From ..

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Re: Senator Chuck Grassley Drops Atomic Sledgehammer on FBI – Requests FBI Reports and Testimony From ..

Post by 1989TransAm » Sat May 12, 2018 7:52 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 7:20 pm
Mark, you are so far off in outer space... again. It's you guys that are living in denial and you'll see soon enough.
I don't think he comprehends what these posts are all about. The 302 forms were changed under orders from McCabe to say that Flynn was lying. I think mke suffers mightily from TDS. :D

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Re: Senator Chuck Grassley Drops Atomic Sledgehammer on FBI – Requests FBI Reports and Testimony From ..

Post by exhaustgases » Sat May 12, 2018 11:29 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 7:52 pm
RevTheory wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 7:20 pm
Mark, you are so far off in outer space... again. It's you guys that are living in denial and you'll see soon enough.
I don't think he comprehends what these posts are all about. The 302 forms were changed under orders from McCabe to say that Flynn was lying. I think mke suffers mightily from TDS. :D
Its as simple as the love of the evil party, its a religion to them and they have to deny all logic to support it.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun May 13, 2018 12:07 am

One more thing. The new judge in the Flynn case wants all the exculpatory evidence from Mueller. It will be interesting to see what happens when the judge gets this news. By the way the first judge was relieved of his duties.

Ratu
Expert
Expert

Post by Ratu » Sun May 13, 2018 12:48 am

Yes, a judge can do that (set aside a plea). So too can various political and bureaucratic officials. On a related note, a jury can decide to nullify even if a person is indeed guilty of what they are charged with. This is one of the most important powers of the jury but it is one that is an anathema to judges and prosecutors. Always remember, it is not only the defendant who is on trial. It is the state and the law as well. The jury can decide that the state is malfeasant or that the law is wrong.

In the end though, you have to ask where is the morality and justice in railroading a person into a guilty plea by destroying them financially.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun May 13, 2018 1:05 am

"I recognize that the actions I acknowledged in court today were wrong, and, through my faith in God, I am working to set things right," Flynn said in a statement after his December 2017 plea. "My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the Special Counsel's Office reflects a decision I made in the best interests of my family and of our country. I accept full responsibility for my actions."

So...

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun May 13, 2018 1:07 am

"I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI," Trump said via Twitter in December 2017. "He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!" (It was later revealed that Trump attorney John Dowd wrote the actual tweet.)

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun May 13, 2018 1:21 am

Like Foux news said "I am confused" Is he lieing about his lieing ,,,,,,,,, or what ??

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Sun May 13, 2018 9:01 am

Firedome8 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 1:07 am
"I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI," Trump said via Twitter in December 2017. "He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!" (It was later revealed that Trump attorney John Dowd wrote the actual tweet.)
Exactly. So Flynn is guilty, that's settled.

The new question is was there misconduct at the FBI during his investigation? Most likely what we're going to learn is there was not and we are talking about a difference in opinion between an agent and his supervisor.....but it makes a good show. The GOP is playing a game of "keep away" with the truth. Everytime 1 misdirection starts to die down they pop up a new one. After a few months of this most people stop paying attention and assume everyone's lying and the truth is in the middle.....and the lies become 1/2 true. I know most don't want to hear this but that is exactly how the Kremlin propaganda machine works, after a clear even they throw smoke from 3 or 4 directions for 3-6 months and by the time their done no one is sure what was true and what wasn't.

Its disgusting to see it in full swing (including the purges) in the US....disgusting.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun May 13, 2018 9:30 am

Mark, you're right but on the wrong side of the truth... still. But by all means keep going with your predictions because the opposite always happens and that's good news for those of us that love what President Trump is doing for our country.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun May 13, 2018 12:50 pm

We are going to find out. Right now things are not looking so good for Mueller.

Ratu
Expert
Expert

Post by Ratu » Sun May 13, 2018 1:44 pm

mk e

Quoting, "Exactly. So Flynn is guilty, that's settled."

Not so. There is a difference between pleading guilty and being guilty. The court is empowered to find out should it determine to so do.

As an analogy, in civilised law we do not accept the confessions of an accused who has "confessed" under torture. There is a powerful reason for this. It is that such a person can be made to say almost anything in order to have the torment cease. It is well established fact that torture does not produce reliable information. Railroading an accused into perjurous plea by driving him or her to penury is a type of coercion, a torture. Like torture it is unreliable. It is unacceptable to a civilised court that such actions be done.

The matter is far from settled, even should the court deign not to pursue it further.