Bombs away in Syria

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Re: Bombs away in Syria

Post by RevTheory » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Are you saying that you actually believe the propaganda that they shot down even a single missile from Friday's strike with 70s-era tech?

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Post by dirtracr5 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:31 am

RevTheory wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:55 pm
Nuclear mutually-assured destruction?
If you are intentionally quoting a Megadeth song...I applaud you sir! LOL.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:45 am

dirtracr5 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:31 am
RevTheory wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:55 pm
Nuclear mutually-assured destruction?
If you are intentionally quoting a Megadeth song...I applaud you sir! LOL.
Ha! That one slipped past me. Nice :lol:

j-c-c
Expert
Expert

Post by j-c-c » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:06 am

sanfordandson wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:34 pm
RevTheory wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:24 pm
Trump just showed the world Putin's skirt. They don't have the economy nor the hardware; they have rusted sabres to rattle and propaganda.
So WW3 should be an easy win for us is what youre saying?
Just like we showed that third world Vietnam country after a decade of bombing. #-o

j-c-c
Expert
Expert

Post by j-c-c » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:12 am

"Propaganda" seems to be the buzz word of the day. Just to be clear "propaganda" by itself is not always false, it is the selective exclusive use of accepted certain "facts" to direct an agenda to the authors choosing. Its the different facts avoided or overlooked that "competes" the story/picture that causes the diverse viewpoints.

So if you want to believe only what fits your narrative, go for it, its still a free country, for awhile.

Kevin Johnson
Guru
Guru

Post by Kevin Johnson » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:35 am

http://georgetownsecuritystudiesreview. ... -cold-war/

When I was at the university one of the areas I could have pursued was information warfare. I did attend a conference in Moscow on Reflexive Control. I met a lot of brilliant people who cared about their countries: the USA, Russia and many others. I was friends with one of the Russian scientists who was involved in decommissioning nuclear weapons.

Sadly, the head of the program was shortly thereafter assassinated on the steps of the university by suspected Chechens who were angry and suspicious that the techniques were being used against them. Putin was rising in power and I stopped communicating with my friend because I did not want him to suffer reprisals of any sort.

Windage control seemed like a more innocuous path in life. It is interesting to see all these old techniques in practice today.

pcnsd
Pro
Pro

Post by pcnsd » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:14 pm

Kevin Johnson wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:35 am

When I was at the university one of the areas I could have pursued was information warfare. I did attend a conference in Moscow on Reflexive Control. I met a lot of brilliant people who cared about their countries: the USA, Russia and many others. I was friends with one of the Russian scientists who was involved in decommissioning nuclear weapons.

Sadly, the head of the program was shortly thereafter assassinated on the steps of the university by suspected Chechens who were angry and suspicious that the techniques were being used against them. Putin was rising in power and I stopped communicating with my friend because I did not want him to suffer reprisals of any sort.

Windage control seemed like a more innocuous path in life. It is interesting to see all these old techniques in practice today.
An informative read for certain. Thank you Kevin.
- Paul

Steve.k
Expert
Expert

Post by Steve.k » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:42 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:24 pm
Trump just showed the world Putin's skirt. They don't have the economy nor the hardware; they have rusted sabres to rattle and propaganda.
If you beleive that you will be in for big surprise. I think the Russian brass are playing it cool for a reason and with trumps recent illegal bombing campaign gained him zero points in worlds eyes. Even the un clowns that agreed with it likely despise it though the pressure of sanctions that would follow not worth it. It seems very odd that a chemical production facility and storage facility are hit and blown to smithereens without one release of the agent? Ya right! Bullshit to high heaven. You launch 103 missles and all hit the three targets? Didnt look like to big of a crater to me? Im thinking one would level the so called research facility unless they cutting way back on the powder.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:37 pm

How is a surgical strike, in and out, one and done, illegal? I know CNN and some of the dems said so but that doesn't mean it's so.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:41 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:37 pm
How is a surgical strike, in and out, one and done, illegal? I know CNN and some of the dems said so but that doesn't mean it's so.
Its not illegal. Trump says you should ask for congressional approval though before striking Syria..... #-o

j-c-c
Expert
Expert

Post by j-c-c » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Kevin Johnson wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:35 am

Or In a nut shell:

" Psychological studies show that when the brain is exposed to the same information continuously, it begins to perceive that information as true—regardless of conflicting or contrary evidence.[xiii]"

Steve.k
Expert
Expert

Post by Steve.k » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:22 pm

RevTheory wrote:
No your right any country can go bomb whoever they want for whatever reason they want?Nothing illegal about that! Suppose to get un approval but if its vetoed doesn't matter hit em anyway. But they all play the game so its not Washington alone. I wonder in the end what will Washington gain out of Syria?

elle

Post by elle » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:46 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Would you call the assination of yourself a surgical strike?

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:42 pm

I'm just wondering what the response would be here, from some country doing a "surgical" strike on some buildings or infrastructure in the US?

j-c-c
Expert
Expert

Post by j-c-c » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:26 pm

i have not heard much discussion of any on the ground casualties, why is that? In the Us, a single person would cause an up roar, so were there ANY, or just no big deal? If none, that sounds odd. those were large buildings, of some importance to Syria i suspect..