President Trump Pardons Scooter Libby…

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:08 pm

April 13, 2018
WHITE HOUSE – Today, President Donald J. Trump issued an Executive Grant of Clemency (Full Pardon) to I. Scooter Lewis Libby, former Chief of Staff to Vice President Richard Cheney, for convictions stemming from a 2007 trial. President George W. Bush commuted Mr. Libbys sentence shortly after his conviction. Mr. Libby, nevertheless, paid a $250,000 fine, performed 400 hours of community service, and served two years of probation.

In 2015, one of the key witnesses against Mr. Libby recanted her testimony, stating publicly that she believes the prosecutor withheld relevant information from her during interviews that would have altered significantly what she said. The next year, the District of Columbia Court of Appeals unanimously reinstated Mr. Libby to the bar, reauthorizing him to practice law. The Court agreed with the District of Columbia Disciplinary Counsel, who stated that Mr. Libby had presented credible evidence in support of his innocence, including evidence that a key prosecution witness had changed her recollection of the events in question.

Before his conviction, Mr. Libby had rendered more than a decade of honorable service to the Nation as a public servant at the Department of State, the Department of Defense, and the White House. His record since his conviction is similarly unblemished, and he continues to be held in high regard by his colleagues and peers.

In light of these facts, the President believes Mr. Libby is fully worthy of this pardon. I dont know Mr. Libby, said President Trump, but for years I have heard that he has been treated unfairly. Hopefully, this full pardon will help rectify a very sad portion of his life.

From THIS article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 88dd2579b5
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

j-c-c
Expert
Expert

Re: President Trump Pardons Scooter Libby…

Post by j-c-c » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:18 pm

I"n 2015, one of the key witnesses against Mr. Libby recanted her testimony, stating publicly that she believes the prosecutor withheld relevant information from her during interviews that would have altered significantly what she said."

Say what? :shock:

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:31 pm

It means that exculpatory evidence was withheld from Scooter Libby and his legal team. I know that is hard for you to understand. Good move by President Trump. =D>

j-c-c
Expert
Expert

Post by j-c-c » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:44 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:31 pm
It means that exculpatory evidence was withheld from Scooter Libby and his legal team. I know that is hard for you to understand. Good move by President Trump. =D>
OK Perry,

"she believes the prosecutor withheld relevant information from her during interviews that would have altered significantly what she said."

Explain for me why a testifying under oath witness who is supposed to speak in their own words the truth about things they know about first hand, not hearsay, not what an adversarial prosecutor tells or influences them after the fact, and she later wants to take a different position?
There are some dots here missing.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:47 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:44 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
OK Perry,

"she believes the prosecutor withheld relevant information from her during interviews that would have altered significantly what she said."

Explain for me why a testifying under oath witness who is supposed to speak in their own words the truth about things they know about first hand, not hearsay, not what an adversarial prosecutor tells or influences them after the fact, and she later wants to take a different position?
Trump pardons a convicted liar and leaker. And why are we shocked?

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:52 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:47 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:44 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
OK Perry,

What did Scooter Libby leak? What did he lie about?

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:06 pm

In October 2005, Libby resigned from all three government positions after he was indicted on five counts by a federal grand jury concerning the investigation of the leak of the covert identity of Central Intelligence Agency officer Valerie Plame Wilson.[5] He was subsequently convicted of four counts (one count of obstruction of justice, two counts of perjury, and one count of making false statements),[6] making him the highest-ranking White House official convicted in a government scandal since John Poindexter, the national security adviser to President Ronald Reagan in the Iran–Contra affair

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:17 pm

I will wait for Sanford to reply before I make my rebuttal.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:11 am

"Key Witness: Prosecutor Manipulated Me Into Falsely Testifying Against Scooter Libby"

Lots more at the link. So the witness had a change of heart after thinking things over.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/key-witn ... cle/911815

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:49 am

I don't get it, does this guy ride scooters a lot? Or did his parents name him that?

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:20 am

sanfordandson wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Then immediately calls Cohen who is facing exactly the same charges to let him know all is well. Normally they wold call that witness tampering and obstruction.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:29 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:17 pm
I will wait for Sanford to reply before I make my rebuttal.
Firedome has it covered...but you already knew the answer.

You dont have to keep playing dumb...we are well aware of your lack of intelligence. :mrgreen:

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:25 am

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:29 am

The richness of the irony of Trump's calling James Comey a liar and leaker when he is about to pardon Scooter Libby who was convicted of - you guessed it - LYING AND LEAKING.

You can not make this s up. And tell me why Cheney is not in prison for war crimes lieing and treason?

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:47 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Same thing Mueller did to Flynn. Mueller and Weissman have a long history of this crap; it's what you do when you lack hard evidence and only care about "winning" your case.