Antarctic snowfall increasing, study finds

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Antarctic snowfall increasing, study finds

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:20 pm

This is not something sandy would post so I will do it.

"Snowfall across the great white continent of Antarctica is increasing, according to a study released this week by an international team led by the British Antarctic Survey.
The team analyzed 79 ice cores from across Antarctica that provide detailed information on how much snow has fallen over hundreds of years, and it found a 10% increase in snowfall over the past two centuries.
This contradicts studies that found that Antarctic snowfall has remained largely constant over the past several decades to centuries. But those studies analyzed only a few ice cores, whereas this comprehensive look at the continent gives a much more thorough view of how weather patterns have changed the polar weather.
"The snowfall increase is driven by changing circulation patterns, drawing warm moist air from the mid-latitudes," said lead study author Liz Thomas, an ice scientist with the British Antarctic Survey."

http://www.keyt.com/weather/antarctic-s ... /727731116

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Re: Antarctic snowfall increasing, study finds

Post by exhaustgases » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:31 pm

Oh no !!!! You mean to tell us that paying the big bucks to Al Gores carbon taxes was not needed? I get it I know why the snow is back, its because this local city here banned plastic bags. And funny how we have the most ever jet aircraft in the air in this whole world super polluting and heating the upper atmosphere like never before with millions and millions of gallons of jet fuel being burned daily, the snow can still come back.
And scary wasn't it ME that said all climate and weather depends on winds aloft, and gases have nothing to do with it. If a certain gas conducts heat more and the wind blows it away then wow its gone. And especially Co2 when it is blown away a nice bunch of plants eat it up. It just doesn't work like normal logic in the climate religions, they would first have to bow down and pray to the Co2 god, and then submit a tithe to said god and then said god will assimilate that nasty gas as long as the amount of tithe is enough.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:00 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:20 pm

"Snowfall across the great white continent of Antarctica is increasing, ......
Don't worry, this was predicted due to warmer temps and changing wind patterns, which is why they took another look at the data.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:26 pm

mk e wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:00 pm
1989TransAm wrote:

"Snowfall across the great white continent of Antarctica is increasing, ......
Don't worry, this was predicted due to warmer temps and changing wind patterns, which is why they took another look at the data.
No the climate gods that is part of your religion.

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:10 pm

im sure waiting on these warmer temps. been 15-20 degrees colder than normal for the past 6 months. now the climate change idiots will just call that weather as it doesnt fit their agenda, nor match the data they use to support their agenda.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:26 pm

1989TransAm wrote:

"Snowfall across the great white continent of Antarctica is increasing, according to a study released this week by an international team led by the British Antarctic Survey.
The team analyzed 79 ice cores from across Antarctica that provide detailed information on how much snow has fallen over hundreds of years, and it found a 10% increase in snowfall over the past two centuries.
This contradicts studies that found that Antarctic snowfall has remained largely constant over the past several decades to centuries. But those studies analyzed only a few ice cores, whereas this comprehensive look at the continent gives a much more thorough view of how weather patterns have changed the polar weather.
"The snowfall increase is driven by changing circulation patterns, drawing warm moist air from the mid-latitudes," said lead study author Liz Thomas, an ice scientist with the British Antarctic Survey."

http://www.keyt.com/weather/antarctic-s ... /727731116
And here is her next sentence: "Warming surface temperatures and reduced sea ice in the sea adjacent to the Antarctic Peninsula is resulting in increased moisture availability," Thomas said.

I'm really shocked Transam would post a story containing evidence of climate change. I'm kinda proud of him in a way... =D>