Dershowitz: Targeting Trump's lawyer should worry us all

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Re: Dershowitz: Targeting Trump's lawyer should worry us all

Post by j-c-c » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:42 am

OT, I have respected Dershowitz for decades, seems to be rather bright and well spoken and knowledgeable. often I share his viewpoints.

I also find amazement in how a team of ACLU, sometimes Jewish Lawyers, defenbs the free speech rights of Protesting Nazi's in the US.
Makes it a great country IMO.

But Dershowitz's defending DT's position often, with little consideration of the man's shortcomings, escapes me,

I wonder what DT has on Dershowitz, said tongue in cheek. :lol:

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:04 am

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:42 am
But Dershowitz's defending DT's position often, with little consideration of the man's shortcomings, escapes me,
Because he's able to look beyond DT's shortcomings and view the situation based on facts not just emotions.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:16 am

engineczar wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:04 am
j-c-c wrote:
Because he's able to look beyond DT's shortcomings and view the situation based on facts not just emotions.
It looks more like Dershowitz wants to make a constitutional fight that no regulation can remove power granted by the constitution. He has nothing lose and seems to enjoy the battle and should he win it would all but force an amendment to the constitution to correct the issue that it would effectively leave the president, any president, above the law.

Rump on the other hand has a lot to lose in the fight, win or lose the legal battle it's still most likely a loss personally so probably a battle not worth fighting.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:00 pm

engineczar wrote:
j-c-c wrote:
Sorry let me get a hankie to wipe the, the, the, tears away. :(

Got any examples of my emotional view of DT's shortcomings?

Good luck with that, i'm all ears.
Last edited by j-c-c on Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:00 pm

mk e wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:10 am
exhaustgases wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:18 pm

Sooooooooooooooo funnnnnny,,,,stink ?????????????? They haven't even tried to find the stink. Hilllllarrry and all those associated with her are not even touched. Nor is the DEMO C RAT CONTROLLED FBI.
The FBI works for Rump now and they are free to investigate Hillary. If they believe there is cause I welcome it.....but at the moment they have bigger fish to get it appears.
Works for who? Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhttttt, tell us more lies.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:04 pm

mk e wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:16 am
engineczar wrote:
j-c-c wrote:
It looks more like Dershowitz wants to make a constitutional fight that no regulation can remove power granted by the constitution. He has nothing lose and seems to enjoy the battle and should he win it would all but force an amendment to the constitution to correct the issue that it would effectively leave the president, any president, above the law.

Rump on the other hand has a lot to lose in the fight, win or lose the legal battle it's still most likely a loss personally so probably a battle not worth fighting.
I have nothing to dispute your supposition ,has merit IMO, in other words, this is about Dershowitz's glory and chance to show his brilliance to the world by exposing a loophole in the US constitution ?

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:33 pm

[quote=exhaustgases post_id=730337

[/quote]

Rump resigned then?

If not the executive branch reports to him, but they swear am oath to uphold the constitution, not the president......when he acts like the POS he is they have no choice but to enforce the law.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:55 pm

mk e wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:33 pm
[quote=exhaustgases post_id=730337

Rump resigned then?

If not the executive branch reports to him, but they swear am oath to uphold the constitution, not the president......when he acts like the POS he is they have no choice but to enforce the law.
[/quote]

If they take that oath then why are they helping attack the constitution, and or not going after the ones that are? Simple question give me a simple answer.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:32 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:55 pm

If they take that oath then why are they helping attack the constitution, and or not going after the ones that are? Simple question give me a simple answer.
Simple answer, they aren't, they are upholding it at ever increasing personal cost.

They are investigating and prosecuting crimals.....who all happen to be connected to the POS you put in the WH and pretty soon, if it hasn't already happened, fingers will start pointing to the boss which is why the POS is getting so worked up.....Judgement day is coming.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer