Mueller Is Said to Weigh Putting Off Trump Obstruction Decision

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8349
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Mueller Is Said to Weigh Putting Off Trump Obstruction Decision

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:34 pm

Looks like Mueller finally woke up. It is not against the law for the President to fire the FBI Director. Sorry for the bad news to the snowflakes on this forum.

"Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into whether President Donald Trump obstructed justice is said to be close to completion, but he may set it aside while he finishes other key parts of his probe, such as possible collusion and the hacking of Democrats, according to current and former U.S. officials.
That’s because Mueller may calculate that if he tries to bring charges in the obstruction case -- the part that may hit closest to Trump personally -- witnesses may become less cooperative in other parts of the probe, or the president may move to shut it down altogether.
The revelation is a peek into Mueller’s calculations as he proceeds with his many-headed probe, while pressure builds from the president’s advisers and other Republicans to show progress or wrap it up."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartandhp

Edit: Big news coming out tonight from the Congressional committee on the Trump/Russia collusion.

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4233
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: Mueller Is Said to Weigh Putting Off Trump Obstruction Decision

Post by Ken0069 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:26 pm

House GOP ending Russia probe, says no collusion found
03/12/18
The House Intelligence Committee is shutting down its contentious investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, the top Republican leading the probe announced on Monday.

The committee will interview no more witnesses and Republicans are in the process of preparing their final report, Rep. Mike Conaway (R-Texas) told reporters. A draft of that roughly 150-page report will be delivered to committee Democrats for review on Tuesday.

The draft document asserts that there is no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians, the most politically charged question examined by the committee.

It will also contradict an official U.S. intelligence community assessment that Russian President Vladimir Putin showed a “preference” for Donald Trump during the race — another assertion that Trump has disputed.

“We found no evidence of collusion,” Conaway said Monday. “We found perhaps some bad judgment, inappropriate meetings, inappropriate judgment in taking meetings — but only Tom Clancy could take this series of inadvertent contacts, meetings, whatever, and weave that into some sort of a spy thriller that could go out there.”

Further, he said, “we couldn’t establish the same conclusion that the CIA did that [the Russians] specifically wanted to help Trump.”

(more here)
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Mueller Is Said to Weigh Putting Off Trump Obstruction Decision

Post by j-c-c » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:33 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:34 pm
Looks like Mueller finally woke up. It is not against the law for the President to fire the FBI Director. Sorry for the bad news to the snowflakes on this forum.

"Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into whether President Donald Trump obstructed justice is said to be close to completion, but he may set it aside while he finishes other key parts of his probe, such as possible collusion and the hacking of Democrats, according to current and former U.S. officials.
That’s because Mueller may calculate that if he tries to bring charges in the obstruction case -- the part that may hit closest to Trump personally -- witnesses may become less cooperative in other parts of the probe, or the president may move to shut it down altogether.
The revelation is a peek into Mueller’s calculations as he proceeds with his many-headed probe, while pressure builds from the president’s advisers and other Republicans to show progress or wrap it up."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartandhp

Edit: Big news coming out tonight from the Congressional committee on the Trump/Russia collusion.
The legal question was "why:, not the issue whether Dt had the legal right to fire the FBI director, try to keep up. And not filing charges does not prove innocence.

And you may want to research "projection"

From "Wiki"
"Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1] ........... It incorporates blame shifting."

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8349
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Mueller Is Said to Weigh Putting Off Trump Obstruction Decision

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:43 pm

Say what? :shock:

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5539
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Mueller Is Said to Weigh Putting Off Trump Obstruction Decision

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:17 pm

Image

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4370
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Mueller Is Said to Weigh Putting Off Trump Obstruction Decision

Post by RevTheory » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:49 am

"I'll have more flexibility after the election"- Barry Sotero (Barack Hussein Obama)

I find the expert legal counsel back here to be quite amusing

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4618
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Mueller Is Said to Weigh Putting Off Trump Obstruction Decision

Post by mk e » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:20 am

I wouldnt be surprised if he held the obstruction charges until jan21, 2021 when the questoon of if he can charge a sitting president is no longer a question ;)
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2675
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Mueller Is Said to Weigh Putting Off Trump Obstruction Decision

Post by j-c-c » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:05 am

Why delay the question? Avoidance does not make for progress or a better understanding. I don't believe an indictment is a one shot deal, if SC ruled against it for a sitting President, DT would just pardon himself, and DT would likely pass from old age before that got resolved anyway. Extremely unlikely he will be allowed to continue that long anyway, as the attention span mindset today is seldom longer the max 13 weeks, no matter what the seriousness, and the high possibility of an elected Republican granting a pardon makes it just a showcase exercise for Miller by waiting.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4618
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Mueller Is Said to Weigh Putting Off Trump Obstruction Decision

Post by mk e » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:51 am

j-c-c wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:05 am
Why delay the question? Avoidance does not make for progress or a better understanding. I don't believe an indictment is a one shot deal, if SC ruled against it for a sitting President, DT would just pardon himself, and DT would likely pass from old age before that got resolved anyway. Extremely unlikely he will be allowed to continue that long anyway, as the attention span mindset today is seldom longer the max 13 weeks, no matter what the seriousness, and the high possibility of an elected Republican granting a pardon makes it just a showcase exercise for Miller by waiting.
Current DOJ rules don't allow charging the President and as you say hed likely just pardon himself anyway, which is why the current thinking is impeach or just wait until he's out of office, then charge.

The other thing is they normally don't charge obstruction if they aren't also charging some other crime. They can, obstruction is a crime itself, but they usually tie it to something else so it's clear what exactly was obstructed and what the harm was....it goes to intent.

So they wait.....
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4370
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Mueller Is Said to Weigh Putting Off Trump Obstruction Decision

Post by RevTheory » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:05 am

So now that the whole thing has fallen apart, Mueller is going to hang on to charges until it won't matter? Is that where you guys are going now?

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4618
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Mueller Is Said to Weigh Putting Off Trump Obstruction Decision

Post by mk e » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:42 am

RevTheory wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:05 am
So now that the whole thing has fallen apart, Mueller is going to hang on to charges until it won't matter? Is that where you guys are going now?
What's fallen apart?

All indications are they are set on obstruction and ready to charge. They are still investigating money laundering and election law violations....which they will complete and then decide what to do with the obstruction charges.

You elected a pos who's brought in the most corrupt administration, as measures by indictments, the country has ever seen. Well done.......
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5539
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Mueller Is Said to Weigh Putting Off Trump Obstruction Decision

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 am

mk e wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:42 am
RevTheory wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:05 am
So now that the whole thing has fallen apart, Mueller is going to hang on to charges until it won't matter? Is that where you guys are going now?
What's fallen apart?

All indications are they are set on obstruction and ready to charge. They are still investigating money laundering and election law violations....which they will complete and then decide what to do with the obstruction charges.

You elected a pos who's brought in the most corrupt administration, as measures by indictments, the country has ever seen. Well done.......
Stormy and the potential for campaign final law crimes is an interesting twist.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4370
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Mueller Is Said to Weigh Putting Off Trump Obstruction Decision

Post by RevTheory » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:57 am

I sure enjoy when mk e posts because he's been wrong 100% of the time. Give us your prediction of the mid-terms :mrgreen:

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4618
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Mueller Is Said to Weigh Putting Off Trump Obstruction Decision

Post by mk e » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:47 am

RevTheory wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:57 am
I sure enjoy when mk e posts because he's been wrong 100% of the time. Give us your prediction of the mid-terms :mrgreen:
GOP losses the house but gains 2 in the senate in 2018. Losses house, Senate, WH in 2020

I my best guess.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4370
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Mueller Is Said to Weigh Putting Off Trump Obstruction Decision

Post by RevTheory » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:59 am

mk e wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:47 am
RevTheory wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:57 am
I sure enjoy when mk e posts because he's been wrong 100% of the time. Give us your prediction of the mid-terms :mrgreen:
GOP losses the house but gains 2 in the senate in 2018. Losses house, Senate, WH in 2020

I my best guess.
Perfect! Thank you for ensuring our win.

Post Reply