Trumps proposed tariff war lead to resignation of top economic avdisor Cohn.

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Trumps proposed tariff war lead to resignation of top economic avdisor Cohn.

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:46 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/gary-cohn-resigns-2017-8
Gary Cohn, the director of the National Economic Council and President Donald Trump's top economic adviser, is leaving his post at the White House.

The move comes after an up-and-down year in the administration that included public spats with the president and a large legislative success in the form of a tax code overhaul.

Recently, Cohn was unable to convince the president to forgo tariffs on imports of steel and aluminum.

"Gary has been my chief economic adviser and did a superb job in driving our agenda, helping to deliver historic tax cuts and reforms and unleashing the American economy once again," Trump told the New York Times. "He is a rare talent, and I thank him for his dedicated service to the American people."

Cohn was brought in from Goldman Sachs to help shape Trump's economic agenda on trade, taxes, and more.

When he joined the Trump administration, Cohn, a former Goldman Sachs chief operating officer and the grandson of a Polish immigrant, was seen as a moderating force that would balance the anti-globalist wing of the administration. One early Trump adviser critical of Cohn's appointment told Yahoo News' Hunter Walker in April that he "would be too liberal for the Obama administration."

The early parts of his tenure were marked by rumors that the former commodities trader could be promoted to chief of staff or take over for soon-to-depart Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen.

Cohn's relationship with Trump hit a rough patch, however, when it was reported that he was dismayed at the president's response to the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, last August. He criticized the president's statements about the violence in an interview with the Financial Times.

The interview led to Cohn falling out of Trump's favor and bumped him from the top of the list to replace Janet Yellen as chair of the Federal Reserve.

Cohn's Jewish faith also made him a target of white supremacists during his time in the administration.

He was reportedly "disgusted" with Trump's statements during a press conference, during which he said there were "two sides to a story" of what happened in Charlottesville. Trump also placed some of the blame on the counterprotesters while refusing to categorically condemn the protesters, one of whom authorities say killed a woman when he drove a car into a crowd of counterprotesters.
Another one bites the dust!

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Re: Trumps proposed tariff war lead to resignation of top economic avdisor Cohn.

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:53 pm

Fine with me. IMHO Cohn was a globalist and not America First.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Re: Trumps proposed tariff war lead to resignation of top economic avdisor Cohn.

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:55 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:53 pm
Fine with me. IMHO Cohn was a globalist and not America First.
Trump only hires the best. =D>

he was the key architect of the tax overhaul you so quickly fell in love with. :mrgreen:

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:12 pm

"Cohn, who served as President Trump’s chief economic adviser since the beginning of the administration, has been discussing with the president his transition out of the White House for several weeks. Cohn opposed Trump's planned tariffs on imports of steel and aluminum, first announced last week, and reportedly tried getting the president to change course."

At least try to get your troll post headline correct.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:13 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:12 pm
"Cohn, who served as President Trump’s chief economic adviser since the beginning of the administration, has been discussing with the president his transition out of the White House for several weeks. Cohn opposed Trump's planned tariffs on imports of steel and aluminum, first announced last week, and reportedly tried getting the president to change course."

At least try to get your troll post headline correct.
So my post is wrong that he's resigning?....LOL

F-ing moron..... =D>

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:14 pm

This guy must sit alone with CNN playing in the background and his fingers on the keyboard.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:15 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:14 pm
This guy must sit alone with CNN playing in the background and his fingers on the keyboard.
You are so hyper sensitive lately...it shows in your posts...they are getting worse. [-X

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:20 pm

I guess this clown thinks I'm reading his troll posts because he quotes me but it's not worth the click.

There are so many things going on on the other side that we could blow this board up with pro-Trump threads but we aren't trolls and don't crave attention from a computer screen.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:20 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:20 pm
I guess this clown thinks I'm reading his troll posts because he quotes me but it's not worth the click.

There are so many things going on on the other side that we could blow this board up with pro-Trump threads but we aren't trolls and don't crave attention from a computer screen.
You deep state post in the other thread was my favorite today....absolutely classic trumptard! =D>

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:22 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:20 pm

Your deep state post in the other thread was my favorite today....absolutely classic trumptard! =D>

Not surprised you cant handle my posts. Fire up your snowflake block list back up I assume. Timeout for you next? :lol:

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:47 pm

Let's see here; top/right, "Notifications", click. "Mark all as read", click. Done! No energy vampires for me :D

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Post by dirtracr5 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:56 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:47 pm
Let's see here; top/right, "Notifications", click. "Mark all as read", click. Done! No energy vampires for me :D
Blocking would be easier and expend less energy.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:16 pm

dirtracr5 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:56 pm
RevTheory wrote:
Taking "the easy" solution is what got us into this quagmire. People do not seem up to the task of seeing thru and beyond propaganda. It takes effort.

Or just ignore and bury your head, that's easy.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:34 am

dirtracr5 wrote:
RevTheory wrote:
Oh he's blocked alright, I'm just getting rid of the notification without even clicking on the thread.

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Post by dirtracr5 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:52 am

RevTheory wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:34 am
dirtracr5 wrote:
RevTheory wrote:
Oh he's blocked alright, I'm just getting rid of the notification without even clicking on the thread.
I couldn't bring myself to blocking someone due to differences if opinion.

Unfortunately it's the way society is going now.