Christopher Steele memo claims Russia stopped Trump from appointing Romney as secretary of state

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Christopher Steele memo claims Russia stopped Trump from appointing Romney as secretary of state

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:54 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unseen-chris ... 27465.html
Russia believed it effectively blocked former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney from being President Donald Trump’s choice for secretary of state, according to an unpublished memo penned by the same author of the Trump-Russia dossier.

Former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele reportedly wrote a separate memo in November 2016 that cited a “senior Russian official” who claimed the Kremlin believed it had managed to influence Trump to favor a more Russia-friendly choice who could help lift sanctions over the Ukraine crisis, according to a Monday report from The New Yorker.

The report goes on to suggest that Steele may have discussed the unreleased memo with Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team investigating Russia's interference in the 2016 election.

Steele’s other memo, unlike the 35-page dossier published in January of last year and denounced by Trump and a number of Republicans, cited a single source. Yet its content was still startling. It claimed that Russia had somehow reached Trump and asked for a secretary of state who could possibly alleviate sanctions put in place for its annexation of Crimea and work with Russia on security concerns.

Romney said last year that Trump's defeated opponent Hillary Clinton had encouraged him to go for the position. After much speculation and even a dinner together at Trump Tower, Trump did not offer Romney the spot, instead opting for former ExxonMobil chief Rex Tillerson, who has a longstanding relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Re: Christopher Steele memo claims Russia stopped Trump from appointing Romney as secretary of state

Post by lefty o » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:32 pm

oh no, i guess by the same token that he didnt offer you the job, it was the russians doings. someday your actually going to have to pluck your head outta your butt just so you can get some air.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Re: Christopher Steele memo claims Russia stopped Trump from appointing Romney as secretary of state

Post by RevTheory » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:04 pm

I'm not going to bother reading it because the troll thread title says all anyone needs to know.

jet1
Pro
Pro

Post by jet1 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:10 pm

I saw where he called into MSNBC and CNN, holy frig the guy was way drunk. It was crazy!

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Post by dirtracr5 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:34 pm

jet1 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:10 pm
I saw where he called into MSNBC and CNN, holy frig the guy was way drunk. It was crazy!
I heard that as well. The guy sounds like he off his rocker. Mueller will have a field day with him.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:44 pm

lefty o wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:32 pm
oh no, i guess by the same token that he didnt offer you the job, it was the russians doings. someday your actually going to have to pluck your head outta your butt just so you can get some air.
Head stuck firmly in the sand while our national interests are compromised....fantastic as always "lefty"! =D>

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:02 pm

jet1 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:10 pm
Couldn't have been THAT drunk..he was sober enough to realize Sarah Sanders is a fat slob.

If he was drunk he's have a different opinion of her looks. :lol:

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:27 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:44 pm
lefty o wrote:
Head stuck firmly in the sand while our national interests are compromised....fantastic as always "lefty"! =D>
You are a laugh a minute. It is the likes of Obama and Hillary who were selling out America.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:35 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:27 pm

You are a laugh a minute. It is the likes of Obama and Hillary who were selling out America.
And it has been accelerated by trump.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:51 pm

I see this as FAKE NEWS

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:53 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:44 pm
lefty o wrote:
you may want to get that breath of air soon. might just be it was never going to be romneys job. i know, hard for someone who is running out of air to think of, but try.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

lefty o wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:53 pm

you may want to get that breath of air soon. might just be it was never going to be romneys job. i know, hard for someone who is running out of air to think of, but try.
It never was...Putin would have never allowed it.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:45 am

Can this guy make it through a single day without a completely useless troll thread?

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:13 am

RevTheory wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:45 am
Can this guy make it through a single day without a completely useless troll thread?
no

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:26 am

RevTheory wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:45 am
Another way to phrase that, Can the trump administration go a day without screwing something up?

Answer...No. :mrgreen: