A serious question for democrats.

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

jet1
Pro
Pro
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 1:11 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: A serious question for democrats.

Post by jet1 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 am

I can agree with you also for the most part. How ever I can also see the other side. I think that Trump says and does things off the cuff and is totally unpredictable. Is that good thing as a leader? Yes and no. It tends to put the general public on edge and not make them all warm and fussy. It does the same thing to other countries. They just can't figure him out and cannot come up with a plan on how to manipulate him unlike other leaders that the US has had. The exact opposite is up here in Canada. He is played by everyone and is just giving our country away. He hates the west much like his father. He is pathetic and predictable as a PM. Just my .02 on the matter.

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1451
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: A serious question for democrats.

Post by dirtracr5 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:48 am

jet1 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 am
I can agree with you also for the most part. How ever I can also see the other side. I think that Trump says and does things off the cuff and is totally unpredictable. Is that good thing as a leader? Yes and no. It tends to put the general public on edge and not make them all warm and fussy. It does the same thing to other countries. They just can't figure him out and cannot come up with a plan on how to manipulate him unlike other leaders that the US has had. The exact opposite is up here in Canada. He is played by everyone and is just giving our country away. He hates the west much like his father. He is pathetic and predictable as a PM. Just my .02 on the matter.
I disagree on the fact Trump cannot be played. Russia and China for example have been able to do this with ease. China's economy will be larger than ours very soon. They know how to get things done that benefit them.

jet1
Pro
Pro
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 1:11 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: A serious question for democrats.

Post by jet1 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:04 am

Yup I guess we disagree on that one. I guess time will tell.

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7659
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: A serious question for democrats.

Post by pdq67 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:29 pm

jet1 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 am
I can agree with you also for the most part. How ever I can also see the other side. I think that Trump says and does things off the cuff and is totally unpredictable. Is that good thing as a leader? Yes and no. It tends to put the general public on edge and not make them all warm and fussy. It does the same thing to other countries. They just can't figure him out and cannot come up with a plan on how to manipulate him unlike other leaders that the US has had. The exact opposite is up here in Canada. He is played by everyone and is just giving our country away. He hates the west much like his father. He is pathetic and predictable as a PM. Just my .02 on the matter.
Do you mean his FATHER Castro??

pdq67

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: A serious question for democrats.

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:41 pm

jet1 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:45 am
Ok I have a serious question for the Democrats or anyone for that matter on why they don’t like Trump? I would like what it is you don’t like and why.

I’ll use an example for Hillary

I don’t like Hillary because she is untrustworthy. She is untrustworthy because she knowing sent classified documents of national security to other members of the state over and unsecured network/server. Of course I could go on but you get the idea.

Again please state what it is you don’t like specifically and why. Please be honest about your opinion and let’s see if we can keep the name calling and finger pointing to a min by both sides. If you have more than one reason please list as many as you can. The reason is I want to make sure I fully understand both sides of opinions and not be biased about mine.

Thanks
It would not matter who would have won if the winner was against the demo c rat agenda's, they would be attacked just like trump.
The reason for it is because of who the party is.

Brian P
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1382
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: A serious question for democrats.

Post by Brian P » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:00 pm

jet1 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 am
I can agree with you also for the most part. How ever I can also see the other side. I think that Trump says and does things off the cuff and is totally unpredictable. Is that good thing as a leader? Yes and no. It tends to put the general public on edge and not make them all warm and fussy. It does the same thing to other countries. They just can't figure him out and cannot come up with a plan on how to manipulate him unlike other leaders that the US has had.
It also does that to companies (whether US-based or otherwise). You can't make long-term plans because the long-term political situation is unpredictable and unstable.

The small company that I work for, and the mostly-international companies that are our customers, are all operating "business as usual unless someone makes it impossible". You can't plan for the unpredictable. In another thread, there was talk of a steel company planning to restart a shut-down facility in the USA if the tariffs happen. Noteworthy is that this is only a restart of an existing facility ... they're not building a new one, so this is a quick short-term action that doesn't cost much. No one is going to restart the Bethlehem Steel plant in Allentown, PA (it's an artsy tourist attraction now). No one is going to restart the Sloss Furnaces in Birmingham AL, either. No one is going to make Pittsburgh back into steeltown again ... most of the old plants have been knocked down.

As for aluminum ... Aluminum is basically electricity in solid form. It's only practical to build aluminum smelters close to sources of cheap electricity. Noteworthy in Canada are aluminum smelters in Kitimat, BC and in northern Quebec ... those are near enormous hydroelectric dams that are distant from population centers. The US doesn't have anyplace that they could build such a thing. Where there are dams, the power is already accounted for.

The thing that Trump doesn't "get" with free trade is that you can't be the best at everything. There has to be give and take. If Canada is a better source of aluminum, or softwood lumber (89% of the land area in Canada is not in private ownership!) great. If the US is a better source of manufactured goods (that might have been manufactured using materials that came from Canada!) great.

P.S. Canada might export more aluminum to the USA than it buys, but Canada buys more steel from the USA than we export to the USA. That's "give and take". That's free trade at work. The US is a better source of steel and Canada is a better source of aluminum. So be it. It would be a shame if something happened to that ...

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: A serious question for democrats.

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:59 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:41 pm
jet1 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:45 am
Ok I have a serious question for the Democrats or anyone for that matter on why they don’t like Trump? I would like what it is you don’t like and why.

I’ll use an example for Hillary

I don’t like Hillary because she is untrustworthy. She is untrustworthy because she knowing sent classified documents of national security to other members of the state over and unsecured network/server. Of course I could go on but you get the idea.

Again please state what it is you don’t like specifically and why. Please be honest about your opinion and let’s see if we can keep the name calling and finger pointing to a min by both sides. If you have more than one reason please list as many as you can. The reason is I want to make sure I fully understand both sides of opinions and not be biased about mine.

Thanks
It would not matter who would have won if the winner was against the demo c rat agenda's, they would be attacked just like trump.
The reason for it is because of who the party is.
"Who the party is? The Marxist socialist communist demo c rat climate change religion, party. And what they are, what they really stand for.

jet1
Pro
Pro
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 1:11 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: A serious question for democrats.

Post by jet1 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:12 am

pdq67 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:29 pm
jet1 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 am
I can agree with you also for the most part. How ever I can also see the other side. I think that Trump says and does things off the cuff and is totally unpredictable. Is that good thing as a leader? Yes and no. It tends to put the general public on edge and not make them all warm and fussy. It does the same thing to other countries. They just can't figure him out and cannot come up with a plan on how to manipulate him unlike other leaders that the US has had. The exact opposite is up here in Canada. He is played by everyone and is just giving our country away. He hates the west much like his father. He is pathetic and predictable as a PM. Just my .02 on the matter.
Do you mean his FATHER Castro??

pdq67
Haha, ya ain't that the truth!

jet1
Pro
Pro
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 1:11 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: A serious question for democrats.

Post by jet1 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:18 am

Brian P wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:00 pm
jet1 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 am
I can agree with you also for the most part. How ever I can also see the other side. I think that Trump says and does things off the cuff and is totally unpredictable. Is that good thing as a leader? Yes and no. It tends to put the general public on edge and not make them all warm and fussy. It does the same thing to other countries. They just can't figure him out and cannot come up with a plan on how to manipulate him unlike other leaders that the US has had.
It also does that to companies (whether US-based or otherwise). You can't make long-term plans because the long-term political situation is unpredictable and unstable.

The small company that I work for, and the mostly-international companies that are our customers, are all operating "business as usual unless someone makes it impossible". You can't plan for the unpredictable. In another thread, there was talk of a steel company planning to restart a shut-down facility in the USA if the tariffs happen. Noteworthy is that this is only a restart of an existing facility ... they're not building a new one, so this is a quick short-term action that doesn't cost much. No one is going to restart the Bethlehem Steel plant in Allentown, PA (it's an artsy tourist attraction now). No one is going to restart the Sloss Furnaces in Birmingham AL, either. No one is going to make Pittsburgh back into steeltown again ... most of the old plants have been knocked down.

As for aluminum ... Aluminum is basically electricity in solid form. It's only practical to build aluminum smelters close to sources of cheap electricity. Noteworthy in Canada are aluminum smelters in Kitimat, BC and in northern Quebec ... those are near enormous hydroelectric dams that are distant from population centers. The US doesn't have anyplace that they could build such a thing. Where there are dams, the power is already accounted for.

The thing that Trump doesn't "get" with free trade is that you can't be the best at everything. There has to be give and take. If Canada is a better source of aluminum, or softwood lumber (89% of the land area in Canada is not in private ownership!) great. If the US is a better source of manufactured goods (that might have been manufactured using materials that came from Canada!) great.

P.S. Canada might export more aluminum to the USA than it buys, but Canada buys more steel from the USA than we export to the USA. That's "give and take". That's free trade at work. The US is a better source of steel and Canada is a better source of aluminum. So be it. It would be a shame if something happened to that ...
Interesting, I agree mostly. but I think that his unpredictability puts everyone in a different bargaining position that they are not used to. Then they find out that the usual tactics and ways of negotiating do not have the same result they once did. They are forced to act a little differently and we get different results. For the past 50 years they have all been negotiating the same way with the same results. Just my opinion as I have not read the art of the deal but would think there is probably something in there about that.

jet1
Pro
Pro
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 1:11 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: A serious question for democrats.

Post by jet1 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:20 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:59 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:41 pm
jet1 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:45 am
Ok I have a serious question for the Democrats or anyone for that matter on why they don’t like Trump? I would like what it is you don’t like and why.

I’ll use an example for Hillary

I don’t like Hillary because she is untrustworthy. She is untrustworthy because she knowing sent classified documents of national security to other members of the state over and unsecured network/server. Of course I could go on but you get the idea.

Again please state what it is you don’t like specifically and why. Please be honest about your opinion and let’s see if we can keep the name calling and finger pointing to a min by both sides. If you have more than one reason please list as many as you can. The reason is I want to make sure I fully understand both sides of opinions and not be biased about mine.

Thanks
It would not matter who would have won if the winner was against the demo c rat agenda's, they would be attacked just like trump.
The reason for it is because of who the party is.
"Who the party is? The Marxist socialist communist demo c rat climate change religion, party. And what they are, what they really stand for.
It is funny has most of the people that have replied to this have been the non typical supers lefty's on here. Alot seem to be republicans that do have some issues with trump in some or many ways. it is neat also that not really any name bashing or ridiculous remarks.

gmc406
Member
Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Sask Canada

Re: A serious question for democrats.

Post by gmc406 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:28 pm

pdq67 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:29 pm
jet1 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 am
I can agree with you also for the most part. How ever I can also see the other side. I think that Trump says and does things off the cuff and is totally unpredictable. Is that good thing as a leader? Yes and no. It tends to put the general public on edge and not make them all warm and fussy. It does the same thing to other countries. They just can't figure him out and cannot come up with a plan on how to manipulate him unlike other leaders that the US has had. The exact opposite is up here in Canada. He is played by everyone and is just giving our country away. He hates the west much like his father. He is pathetic and predictable as a PM. Just my .02 on the matter.
Do you mean his FATHER Castro??

pdq67
Wish it was better quality.
Looks suspicious IMHO.
Attachments
A1E3015C-DDC4-44F2-B059-2FA96C71FE3B.jpeg
A1E3015C-DDC4-44F2-B059-2FA96C71FE3B.jpeg (37.37 KiB) Viewed 413 times

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3317
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: A serious question for democrats.

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:46 pm

jet1 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:20 am
exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:59 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:41 pm


It would not matter who would have won if the winner was against the demo c rat agenda's, they would be attacked just like trump.
The reason for it is because of who the party is.
"Who the party is? The Marxist socialist communist demo c rat climate change religion, party. And what they are, what they really stand for.
It is funny has most of the people that have replied to this have been the non typical supers lefty's on here. Alot seem to be republicans that do have some issues with trump in some or many ways. it is neat also that not really any name bashing or ridiculous remarks.
No name bashing only defining truly what that party is.

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7659
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: A serious question for democrats.

Post by pdq67 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:28 am

dirtracr5 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:48 am
jet1 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 am
I can agree with you also for the most part. How ever I can also see the other side. I think that Trump says and does things off the cuff and is totally unpredictable. Is that good thing as a leader? Yes and no. It tends to put the general public on edge and not make them all warm and fussy. It does the same thing to other countries. They just can't figure him out and cannot come up with a plan on how to manipulate him unlike other leaders that the US has had. The exact opposite is up here in Canada. He is played by everyone and is just giving our country away. He hates the west much like his father. He is pathetic and predictable as a PM. Just my .02 on the matter.
I disagree on the fact Trump cannot be played. Russia and China for example have been able to do this with ease. China's economy will be larger than ours very soon. They know how to get things done that benefit them.
I doubt very much if China will allow the actual creation of a, "large by huge", middle class population to fuel their economic success in their country because to do so brings with it thoughts of FREEDOM by said middle class and the Chi-Com's can't have that!!

pdq67

Post Reply