The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6033
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:43 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-natio ... ths-2018-2
As of the latest reporting by the Treasury Department, the US gross national debt rose by $41.5 billion on Thursday, February 22, to a grand total of $20.8 trillion.

Here's the thing: On September 7, 2017, five-and-a-half months ago, just before Congress suspended the debt ceiling, the gross national debt stood at $19.8 trillion.

At that time, I was holding my breath waiting for the gross national debt to take a huge leap in a single day - as it always does after the debt ceiling gets lifted or suspended - and jump to the next ignominious level. It sure did the next day, when it jumped $318 billion.

And it continued. Over a period of 8 weeks, the gross national debt jumped by $640 billion. Four weeks after that, it had ballooned by $723 billion, at which point Fed Chair Yellen - whose cheap-money policies had enabled Congress to do this for years - said that she was "very worried about the sustainability of the US debt trajectory."

Then Congress served up another debt ceiling - a regular charade lawmakers undertake to extort deals from each other, beat the White House into submission, and keep the rest of the world their on their toes. It goes like this: First they pass the spending bills, directing the Administration to spend specific amounts of money on a gazillion specific things spread around specific districts. Then they block the means to pay the credit card bill.

That debt ceiling was suspended on February 8, at which point the gross national debt began to surge again, adding $1 trillion ($960.4 billion rounded to the nearest 100 million), a 5% jump in the gross national debt in just 5.5 months:

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8169
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

Post by pdq67 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:28 pm

In the paraphrased words of the, "infamous, lying, f**, "CUNT"", "What difference does it make, it's only MONEY!!"..

pdq67

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6033
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:37 pm

pdq67 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:28 pm
In the paraphrased words of the, "infamous, lying, f**, "CUNT"", "What difference does it make, it's only MONEY!!"..

pdq67
lets the kids and grandkids take care of it...

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8169
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

Post by pdq67 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:40 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:37 pm
pdq67 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:28 pm
In the paraphrased words of the, "infamous, lying, f**, "CUNT"", "What difference does it make, it's only MONEY!!"..

pdq67
lets the kids and grandkids take care of it...
I smell a, "Shithead", around here somewhere?

Oh, said, "shithead", needs to look back at my disgust in a bunch of my prior posts about us leaving our kids and grandkids a f** up mess so don't start S&S!!

pdq67

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6033
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:06 pm

pdq67 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:40 pm
sanfordandson wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:37 pm
pdq67 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:28 pm
In the paraphrased words of the, "infamous, lying, f**, "CUNT"", "What difference does it make, it's only MONEY!!"..

pdq67
lets the kids and grandkids take care of it...
I smell a, "Shithead", around here somewhere?

Oh, said, "shithead", needs to look back at my disgust in a bunch of my prior posts about us leaving our kids and grandkids a f** up mess so don't start S&S!!

pdq67
I was being sarcastic. IMO this needs to be taken care of now. But trump would rather balloon it to new and unseen heights.

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8169
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

Post by pdq67 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:40 am

S&S,

Sorry if I came on too strong!

I very much am concerned about this shit and my Kids and grandkids having to deal with it!

The only plan that I can think of is that those in charge and know what the ultimate plan is MAYBE want to flood the world with $Dollars so that if it goes, "TIT's UP", destroying it will destroy all other world currencies along with it too! In other words, make it harder to create a replacement NWO currency!

Donno???

Time will tell if I live long enough to see it happen??

pdq67

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

Post by dirtracr5 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:24 pm

I doubt any of us will live long enough to see this get fixed. I have a feeling it's going to get alot worse in fact.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4247
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:27 pm

Get all the immigrants and other foreigners that have not worked a day of their lives in the US, off of all forms of public assistance and social security / Medicaid/ medicare and we wouldn't have that debt.

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

Post by dirtracr5 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:31 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:27 pm
Get all the immigrants and other foreigners that have not worked a day of their lives in the US, off of all forms of public assistance and social security / Medicaid/ medicare and we wouldn't have that debt.
I don't think that adds up to 21 trillion.

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8169
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

Post by pdq67 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:15 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:27 pm
Get all the immigrants and other foreigners that have not worked a day of their lives in the US, off of all forms of public assistance and social security / Medicaid/ medicare and we wouldn't have that debt.
Oh, they do work!!

For cash under the table and off the books!

pdq67

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6033
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:19 am

pdq67 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:15 am
exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:27 pm
Get all the immigrants and other foreigners that have not worked a day of their lives in the US, off of all forms of public assistance and social security / Medicaid/ medicare and we wouldn't have that debt.
Oh, they do work!!

For cash under the table and off the books!

pdq67
At least they are working!! :lol:

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8169
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

Post by pdq67 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:20 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:19 am
pdq67 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:15 am
exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:27 pm
Get all the immigrants and other foreigners that have not worked a day of their lives in the US, off of all forms of public assistance and social security / Medicaid/ medicare and we wouldn't have that debt.
Oh, they do work!!

For cash under the table and off the books!

pdq67
At least they are working!! :lol:
Right, and as well as buying license plates and paying SALES TAX!!

pdq67

lefty o
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1594
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:50 am

Re: The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

Post by lefty o » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:21 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:19 am
pdq67 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:15 am
exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:27 pm
Get all the immigrants and other foreigners that have not worked a day of their lives in the US, off of all forms of public assistance and social security / Medicaid/ medicare and we wouldn't have that debt.
Oh, they do work!!

For cash under the table and off the books!

pdq67
At least they are working!! :lol:
so they are one up on you! :lol:

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6033
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:46 pm

lefty o wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:21 pm
sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:19 am
pdq67 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:15 am


Oh, they do work!!

For cash under the table and off the books!

pdq67
At least they are working!! :lol:
so they are one up on you! :lol:
My mom's welfare check pays for my video games...no need to work! :mrgreen:

lefty o
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1594
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:50 am

Re: The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

Post by lefty o » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:05 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:46 pm
lefty o wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:21 pm
sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:19 am


At least they are working!! :lol:
so they are one up on you! :lol:
My mom's welfare check pays for my video games...no need to work! :mrgreen:
you know, for once i actually believe you!

Post Reply