Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter.

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter.

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:27 pm

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-europ ... KKCN1GA2AD
On the northern tip of Greenland, the Cape Morris Jesup meteorological site has had a record-smashing 61 hours of temperatures above freezing so far in 2018, linked to a rare retreat of sea ice in the Arctic winter darkness.

“It’s never been this extreme,” said Ruth Mottram, a climate scientist at the Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI). Warmth was coming into the Arctic both up from the Atlantic and through the Bering Strait, driving and cold air south.

Around the entire Arctic region, temperatures are now about 20C (36°F) above normal, at minus eight degrees Celsius (17.6°F), according to DMI calculations.

To the south, a rare snow storm hit Rome on Monday and some Brussels mayors planned to detain homeless overnight if they refused shelter with temperatures set to fall as low as minus 10 Celsius (14 Fahrenheit) in the coming week.

Hit by easterly winds from Siberia, cities from Warsaw to Oslo were colder than minus 8C.

As long ago as 1973, a study suggested that an ice-free Arctic Ocean could make regions further south colder. That “warm Arctic, cold continent” (WAC#C) pattern is sometimes dubbed “wacc-y” or “wacky” among climate scientists.

“Wacky weather continues with scary strength and persistence,” tweeted Professor Lars Kaleschke, a professor at the University of Hamburg.

turbo2256b
Pro
Pro
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter.

Post by turbo2256b » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:29 pm

ITS because all the elephants are gathering on one side of the earth.

Havent been boating for some years now but every year the magnetic pole has been shifting had to apply that info to my charts. there was the recent huge solar flair that supposedly split the arctic front.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter.

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:30 pm

turbo2256b wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:29 pm
ITS because all the elephants are gathering on one side of the earth.

Havent been boating for some years now but every year the magnetic pole has been shifting had to apply that info to my charts. there was the recent huge solar flair that supposedly split the arctic front.
maybe a new ark is being built? :lol:

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2306
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter.

Post by exhaustgases » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:10 pm

Just more so called UFO's and satellite weather control devices at work. Weather engineering at its finest.
And aren't the winds aloft amazing, just redirect them by changing the pressure areas and this is what can happen.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter.

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:54 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:10 pm
Just more so called UFO's and satellite weather control devices at work. Weather engineering at its finest.
And aren't the winds aloft amazing, just redirect them by changing the pressure areas and this is what can happen.
Big wind mills!! :lol:

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2306
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter.

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:26 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:54 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:10 pm
Just more so called UFO's and satellite weather control devices at work. Weather engineering at its finest.
And aren't the winds aloft amazing, just redirect them by changing the pressure areas and this is what can happen.
Big wind mills!! :lol:
No big heating units using microwave energy, directing gigawatts of power into a very small area. Its science isn't that what you demo c rats always want to talk about?

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter.

Post by sanfordandson » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:27 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:26 pm


No big heating units using microwave energy, directing gigawatts of power into a very small area. Its science isn't that what you demo c rats always want to talk about?
Oh yea THATS what i meant to say.... :lol:

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7172
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter.

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:57 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:27 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:26 pm


No big heating units using microwave energy, directing gigawatts of power into a very small area. Its science isn't that what you demo c rats always want to talk about?
Oh yea THATS what i meant to say.... :lol:
How many times has this happened in the past?

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter.

Post by sanfordandson » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:07 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:57 pm


How many times has this happened in the past?
Quite a bit lately.

engineczar
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter.

Post by engineczar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:41 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:57 pm
sanfordandson wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:27 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:26 pm


No big heating units using microwave energy, directing gigawatts of power into a very small area. Its science isn't that what you demo c rats always want to talk about?
Oh yea THATS what i meant to say.... :lol:
How many times has this happened in the past?
If you look back further than 70 years...........
Rumor has it that the planet is kinda old.
image_thumb102.png

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter.

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:50 am

engineczar wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:41 am
1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:57 pm
sanfordandson wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:27 pm


Oh yea THATS what i meant to say.... :lol:
How many times has this happened in the past?
If you look back further than 70 years...........
Rumor has it that the planet is kinda old.

image_thumb102.png
You refuse to believe current data but will believe "data" from thousands of years ago.... #-o

The graph shows quite the warming trend to current day

is this an admission of global warming from you?

Hypocrite.... [-X

engineczar
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter.

Post by engineczar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:33 am

sanfordandson wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:50 am
engineczar wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:41 am
1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:57 pm


How many times has this happened in the past?
If you look back further than 70 years...........
Rumor has it that the planet is kinda old.

image_thumb102.png
You refuse to believe current data but will believe "data" from thousands of years ago.... #-o

The graph shows quite the warming trend to current day

is this an admission of global warming from you?

Hypocrite...[-X
When did I ever say I don't believe the current data? All I'm saying is that only showing the data from the past 70 years is just a blip when you look at the overall history. Looking at a 70 year period on a planet that's 4.5 billion years old is like judging a persons health by looking at less than 1 second of their life.
Hypocrite....
Low life POS

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter.

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:19 am

engineczar wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:33 am
When did I ever say I don't believe the current data?
If you are saying that you believe current data thats good...something we can agree on. :mrgreen:

engineczar
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter.

Post by engineczar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:25 am

sanfordandson wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:19 am
engineczar wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:33 am
When did I ever say I don't believe the current data?
If you are saying that you believe current data thats good...something we can agree on. :mrgreen:
I believe the raw data. I've been consistent all along that the climate is changing just not for the reasons that are being put out there by some.

Ratu
Expert
Expert
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter.

Post by Ratu » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:24 am

"Arctic warms to above freezing, 50 degrees above normal in dead of winter."

Fake news.

Post Reply