Support the NRA

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Re: Support the NRA

Post by engineczar » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:53 am

woody b wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:46 am
This have been posted many times, even on here by me. I don't know who the original author is. The fact is, even the liberal gun grabbers are safer when they're around armed people like myself.
I stand behind you in line at the store with a smile on my face...and a gun under my shirt and you are none the wiser, yet you are safer for having me next to you. I won't shoot you. My gun won't pull it's own trigger. It is securely holstered with the trigger covered. It can't just go off. However, rest assured that if a lunatic walks into the grocery store and pulls out a rifle, I will draw my pistol and protect myself and my family and therefore protect you and your family. I may get shot before I can pull the trigger...but, I won't die in a helpless blubbering heap on the floor begging for my life or my child's life. No, if I die it will be in a pile of spent shell casings. I won't be that victim. I choose not to be. As for you, I don't ask you to carry a gun. If you are not comfortable, then please don't. But I would like to keep my right to choose to not be a helpless victim. There is evil in the world and if evil has a gun, I want one too...
Imagine living in some border town in Texas or Arizona or having a ranch right on the border and being told by some politician who has secret service protection 2000 miles away that you have to surrender your weapons.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:01 pm

elle wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:52 am
1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:44 pm
Brian P wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:54 pm

If you don't like that source, you can fact-check Factcheck's facts directly from the Australian government if you would like.

http://www.crimestats.aic.gov.au/NHMP/

http://www.crimestats.aic.gov.au/NHMP/1 ... risdiction

Shows the same thing ... a marked decline starting around 2000 - 2001 with the current rate per 100,000 being the lowest on record.

There's a chart about two-thirds of the way down which gives the type of weapon used. Knife incidents held steady, gun incidents have declined.
Quoting the Australian Government is like asking the fox if he wants to guard the hen house.
different country, same procedure : http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/citation/news/636
Quoting the Los Angeles Times? Bwahahahahahahaha

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:02 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:43 am
1989TransAm wrote:
Brian P wrote:

If you don't like that source, you can fact-check Factcheck's facts directly from the Australian government if you would like.

Shows the same thing ... a marked decline starting around 2000 - 2001 with the current rate per 100,000 being the lowest on record.

There's a chart about two-thirds of the way down which gives the type of weapon used. Knife incidents held steady, gun incidents have declined.
Quoting the Australian Government is like asking the fox if he wants to guard the hen house.
Yea when facts dount fit your narrative its fake!! Who did you learn that from...
Sourcing the government who wrote the laws? Give me a break.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:47 pm

Looks like Trump doesn't support the NRA anymore...

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:21 pm

" I won't die in a helpless blubbering heap on the floor begging for my life or my child's life"

So I completely accept your right to protect your "honor" in front of a drug crazed rifle totting lunatic while in front of your off spring, but I'd kinda like a say in whether just giving the guy my wallet might at the time be a better choice if I'm in line of fire, rather then tripping on a bunch of blood splattered spent shell casings. i sometime s think those that pre decide their irreversible response to an intense unique situation, are crippled by lack creativity of the moment, to outsmart the bad guy, because up holding their "honor" takes precedent.

I don't need to prove my honor to anyone.
Sometimes "letting"' the other guy think he has "won", at the moment, is best way to really come out on top, but its hard to see that, when dead.

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:08 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:21 pm
" I won't die in a helpless blubbering heap on the floor begging for my life or my child's life"

So I completely accept your right to protect your "honor" in front of a drug crazed rifle totting lunatic while in front of your off spring, but I'd kinda like a say in whether just giving the guy my wallet might at the time be a better choice if I'm in line of fire, rather then tripping on a bunch of blood splattered spent shell casings. i sometime s think those that pre decide their irreversible response to an intense unique situation, are crippled by lack creativity of the moment, to outsmart the bad guy, because up holding their "honor" takes precedent.

I don't need to prove my honor to anyone.
Sometimes "letting"' the other guy think he has "won", at the moment, is best way to really come out on top, but its hard to see that, when dead.
you should absolutely have the choice of whether or not to defend yourself. many times after a victim hands over their wallet a perp will kill them either for sport, a gang initiation, or to eliminate a witness. your life, your dice to roll.

Brian P
Guru
Guru

Post by Brian P » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:02 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Brian P wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:53 pm

Factcheck.org is a Project of The Annenberg Public Policy Center. A far left organization.

But they've put numbers to it. Others with a gun agenda haven't.

I live in a different country that also has gun control. Our murder rate per capita is a little higher than Australia's but about a third of the USA's.

It's not like you can't have a gun here. You can't have certain types of guns. There are certain weapons that are prohibited for private citizens to own. But, aside from that, for those inclined, you can apply for a permit, which involves having a background check done, and if you pass scrutiny, you can purchase guns. And there are a fair number of them around - nowhere near the USA per capita, but they are around.

Now, I don't own any guns, and I have no interest in doing so. Same is true of most of my fellow citizens. So the following is based on what I hear from others. (I have a few friends that have guns.)

They need to be properly stored in a locked enclosure. They need to be stored unloaded. Ammunition needs to be separately stored in a separate locked enclosure. Can't just have it lying around the house.

They need to be transported in a locked enclosure, out of view from outside the vehicle. Again, unloaded. Again, separate from the ammunition. No gun racks on pickup trucks here. And if you are transporting a firearm, you have to show that you are doing so for some legitimate purpose (to and from a gun range, or to and from a hunting trip). (This doesn't apply on private property, e.g. farmers, but the storage laws do.) No "concealed carry" here ... you cannot comply with the transport requirements.

What enforces this? For the most part, BIG trouble if there is ever a violation, and the usual penalties involve forfeiting the weapons and permanent revocation of your permit. If the cops see a gun when your vehicle gets pulled over for some other reason, BIG trouble.

Do criminals have weapons -> in some cases, yes; when that happens they have usually been illegally brought across the border from our neighbors to the south. But, frequently not. If a criminal wants to have a gun they have to go through some deliberate effort to get one ... they can't just grab someone's purse, or smash a window in a car, because odds are, there ain't gonna be one there.

Most shooting victims here are involved in drug deals or organized crime or some such thing. Most of the rest are domestic-violence situations. Random shootings in public, and school shootings and mass shootings and the like, are exceptionally rare. Even robberies seldom involve real guns. (They often involve toy guns!)

I don't worry about walking around in public without a gun. No one does ... except perhaps those who are already criminals.

We for the most part don't have a "gun culture". No one cares. Sure, there are some hunters dedicated to the sport. But the normal average person on the street ... doesn't have one, doesn't want one. Having relations in Europe, it's pretty much the same. It's never a topic of day to day discussion ... except when the topic of the gun-crazy Americans comes up after they have an "incident"! (that's what most people here, and in Europe, think of Americans)

And I fully recognize that the USA is a looooong way from being in a situation like that.

You keep your guns down south and keep them out of my country, you be happy there with what you've got, I'll be happy here with what I've got.

A friend of mine related an interesting story a couple of days ago ... a relative of his in Florida who was going to be flying here while he drove home, sent him home with her luggage in his car. Unknown to him, there was a gun in there. Thankfully, his car wasn't searched at the border (he would have ended up in jail). He found it AFTER getting home. "Hoooly crap, what do I do with this thing now." That gun is now at the bottom of Lake Ontario several kilometers offshore.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:06 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:47 pm
Looks like Trump doesn't support the NRA anymore...
Scary that I can not argue with sandy on this one. Especially when trump says to the one fellow in the room about being scared of the nra.
Trump may gain some Marxist support over the fabricated gun BS, but he will lose way more that voted him in. So is he going back on that promise?
I'd rather him keep his word on this and not the wall.

So all it now takes is the new hitler youth movement to sway idiots in position to stample on our rights and constitution.

Search for what the one teacher says about shooter and wearing armor. Then the girl that went down the hall with nic and heard pops still.

elle

Post by elle » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:27 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:01 pm
elle wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:52 am
1989TransAm wrote:

different country, same procedure : http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/citation/news/636
Quoting the Los Angeles Times? Bwahahahahahahaha
Did you read anything of this particular article? Do you know the author? Have you done yourself a favour already by checking the numbers?

Nope! You didn't. Instead you are keen on blaming people to be "left" without knowing anything else but your own position. Elsewhere in the world this is known as narcism.

Please keep your guns! Please do so! But keep them together with easy access inside the USA. If your idea of life and society is based on hate and grudge, then it is your own idea. Does your very neighboor have the same fear as you? Does he hate and fear you so much that he or she has to have loaded guns? Semi automatic ones pointed directly to you? Keep it inside the USA!

The rest of the world is already parting with people like yours. Who is willing to trust the Greenback when a societity like yours is loaded with fear and hate?

Correct.... No one!

Nulla est gloria praeterire asellos

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:44 pm

I know the LA Times and their far left position on most things. They have no credibility in my book. I have written them off as an honest broker years ago.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:31 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:44 pm
I know the LA Times and their far left position on most things. They have no credibility in my book. I have written them off as an honest broker years ago.
But their facts are facts even if you can not tell the difference. I am starting to beleve you and ken are the same troll ,both sound the like the same bag o stupid ! Hummmm it must be an act nobody is constantly that uninformed.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:26 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:44 pm
Yet Germany is one of the world's leading countries when it comes to people owning firearms. There are 5.83 million registered guns in Germany belonging to 2.31 million owners, ranking it 14th in the world in gun ownership…

UNODC murder rates per 100,000, most recent year
Region Rate Count
Americas 16.3 157,000
Africa 12.5 135,000
World 6.2 437,000
Europe 3.0 22,000
Oceania 3.0 1,100
Asia 2.9 122,000

Isn't it curious that the Americas (North and South) have similar murder rates than Africa?
Thank you very much Obama.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:51 am

No backlash from costumers so far against companies that distance themselves from NRA. America has spoken.

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:53 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:51 am
No backlash from costumers so far against companies that distance themselves from NRA. America has spoken.
I would say it's too soon to tell either way.

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:24 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:51 am
you have zero data from which to conclude that. just about everywhere i see , people are dropping companies that have openly broken ties with the nra, from credit card companies, to car rental companies to airlines. of course being the liberal troll that you are, you dont travel the same circles and dont see it.