So the Left wants to get rid of guns !

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

User avatar
Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:19 pm
Location: Urbana, IL USA
Contact:

Re: So the Left wants to get rid of guns !

Post by Dave Koehler » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:49 am

I thought this was an interesting take on the subject of ARs.
http://fox8.com/2018/02/20/gun-owner-de ... way-lives/
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."

User avatar
woody b
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Re: So the Left wants to get rid of guns !

Post by woody b » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:27 pm

Dave Koehler wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:49 am
I thought this was an interesting take on the subject of ARs.
http://fox8.com/2018/02/20/gun-owner-de ... way-lives/
It's like getting yourself castrated because your neighbor has too many kids. I agree that doing nothing isn't the answer, but taking away or regulating weapons for law abiding citizens isn't the answer. Allowing School staff with concealed weapons permits to carry conceal weapons is a BIG part of the answer. Homicidal nut jobs tend to kill a lot less people after they've been shot. "Gun Free Zone's" are just soft targets where criminals and nut jobs know that no one will shoot back. I'm not an attention seeking idiot, so I won't be sawing up my AR's or any of my weapons. I keep my weapons secured so they won't be used to shoot innocent people either.

Meth is illegal. Heroin is illegal. Cocaine is illegal. Pot is illegal. I bet there's some of each of these illegal substances are Schools near where any of us live. Many more people die each year from drug overdoses than guns. (and quite a few gun deaths are drug related)

PROTECT OUR SCHOOLS, DON'T TRAMPLE ON OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: So the Left wants to get rid of guns !

Post by dirtracr5 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:43 pm

Regulations, mental health and changing the culture are the 3 keys imo. And it won't be easy.

Truckedup
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Re: So the Left wants to get rid of guns !

Post by Truckedup » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:54 pm

I don't care for guns all that much but can see the Second Amendment is an essential limitation on gov't power and abuse.....
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6623
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: So the Left wants to get rid of guns !

Post by David Redszus » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:15 pm

Why not get rid of gun free zones?

The become very soft targets and serve no purpose; actually they are totally counterproductive.

User avatar
Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3907
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:19 pm
Location: Urbana, IL USA
Contact:

Re: So the Left wants to get rid of guns !

Post by Dave Koehler » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:53 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:15 pm
Why not get rid of gun free zones?

The become very soft targets and serve no purpose; actually they are totally counterproductive.
Logic is not allowed anymore.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."

lefty o
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1594
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:50 am

Re: So the Left wants to get rid of guns !

Post by lefty o » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:58 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:15 pm
Why not get rid of gun free zones?

The become very soft targets and serve no purpose; actually they are totally counterproductive.
you are absolutely correct. in their infinite wisdom the liberals and their feel good accomplish nothing laws have actually hung a bullseye on schools. nothing shouts louder that its a great place to go on a killing spree than making it 100% certain no one will be shooting back!

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6623
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: So the Left wants to get rid of guns !

Post by David Redszus » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:10 pm

Meth is illegal. Heroin is illegal. Cocaine is illegal. Pot is illegal. Murder is illegal. Robbery is illegal.

Laws do not prevent criminal behavior.

Once again.
Laws do not prevent criminal behavior.
Law enforcement does not prevent criminal behavior.
Courts do not prevent criminal behavior.

Armed resistance and long term incarceration does prevent criminal behavior.

Maybe castration would help as well. :lol:

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4195
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: So the Left wants to get rid of guns !

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:47 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:10 pm
Meth is illegal. Heroin is illegal. Cocaine is illegal. Pot is illegal. Murder is illegal. Robbery is illegal.

Laws do not prevent criminal behavior.

Once again.
Laws do not prevent criminal behavior.
Law enforcement does not prevent criminal behavior.
Courts do not prevent criminal behavior.

Armed resistance and long term incarceration does prevent criminal behavior.

Maybe castration would help as well. :lol:
I would guess lots of people give crime a second thought when they contemplate the consequences.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6623
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: So the Left wants to get rid of guns !

Post by David Redszus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:54 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:47 pm
David Redszus wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:10 pm
Meth is illegal. Heroin is illegal. Cocaine is illegal. Pot is illegal. Murder is illegal. Robbery is illegal.

Laws do not prevent criminal behavior.

Once again.
Laws do not prevent criminal behavior.
Law enforcement does not prevent criminal behavior.
Courts do not prevent criminal behavior.

Armed resistance and long term incarceration does prevent criminal behavior.

Maybe castration would help as well. :lol:
I would guess lots of people give crime a second thought when they contemplate the consequences.
Part of the problem is the lack of consequences. The conviction rate for murder is below 13%.
Lower yet in Chicago's South Side.

If a criminal does not believe he will get caught, then what becomes of all sorts of laws and their effect?

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: So the Left wants to get rid of guns !

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:01 pm

Yeah like here the 3 times your out. Right ! how come a month ago or so an older woman was murdered by a guy that had been in and out of jail many many times. I hear that sort of thing on the news all the time, and why? Its a revolving door for car thieves and burglars, they are in an out who knows how many times. I guess 3 times your out is only for the bad ones that would say steal from the rich, they obviously don't care if it affects the average working slob.

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8148
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: So the Left wants to get rid of guns !

Post by pdq67 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:49 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:01 pm
Yeah like here the 3 times your out. Right ! how come a month ago or so an older woman was murdered by a guy that had been in and out of jail many many times. I hear that sort of thing on the news all the time, and why? Its a revolving door for car thieves and burglars, they are in an out who knows how many times. I guess 3 times your out is only for the bad ones that would say steal from the rich, they obviously don't care if it affects the average working slob.
The best way to turn a liberal into a conservative is to mug him, or rape his wife and daughter, or steal everything he has.

I think that it was the second thing that tripped, "Paul Kersey", over to become a vigilante!

pdq67

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: So the Left wants to get rid of guns !

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:39 pm

pdq67 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:49 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:01 pm
Yeah like here the 3 times your out. Right ! how come a month ago or so an older woman was murdered by a guy that had been in and out of jail many many times. I hear that sort of thing on the news all the time, and why? Its a revolving door for car thieves and burglars, they are in an out who knows how many times. I guess 3 times your out is only for the bad ones that would say steal from the rich, they obviously don't care if it affects the average working slob.
The best way to turn a liberal into a conservative is to mug him, or rape his wife and daughter, or steal everything he has.

I think that it was the second thing that tripped, "Paul Kersey", over to become a vigilante!

pdq67
Well if the Marxist Demo c rats get total control, and since everyone will lose pretty much everything, there will be a ton of new conservatives then.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6032
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: So the Left wants to get rid of guns !

Post by sanfordandson » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:07 am

pdq67 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:49 pm
The best way to turn a liberal into a conservative is to mug him, or rape his wife and daughter, or steal everything he has.

I think that it was the second thing that tripped, "Paul Kersey", over to become a vigilante!

pdq67
The best way to turn a conservative into a liberal is elect trump president. :lol:

engineczar
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: So the Left wants to get rid of guns !

Post by engineczar » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:49 am

sanfordandson wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:07 am
pdq67 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:49 pm
The best way to turn a liberal into a conservative is to mug him, or rape his wife and daughter, or steal everything he has.

I think that it was the second thing that tripped, "Paul Kersey", over to become a vigilante!

pdq67
The best way to turn a conservative into a liberal is elect trump president. :lol:
How would you know? #-o

Post Reply