Trumps proposed budget adds 7 TRILLION to the national debt, gives up on balacing the budget.

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Trumps proposed budget adds 7 TRILLION to the national debt, gives up on balacing the budget.

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:14 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02 ... roups.html
President Trump's recent budget moves could complicate his relationship with the House Freedom Caucus and other fiscal conservatives, with his recent signing of a $400 billion spending deal and a budget blueprint that contains rising deficits.

“The swamp won, and the American taxpayer lost,” Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, a founding member of the caucus, said on "Fox News Sunday."

While these lawmakers largely blame congressional leaders for the free-spending attitude, the gloomy outlook is a turnaround from 2016.

The 2016 Trump campaign chant of “drain the swamp” was like a melody to members of the small-but-influential Freedom Caucus, started in 2015 to push House leadership to a more fiscally and socially conservative agenda.
Trump, in fact, made Freedom Caucus co-founder and then-South Carolina GOP Rep. Mick Mulvaney one of his first Cabinet-level nominations, as director of the Office of Management and Budget. This weekend, Jordan still boasted that caucus Chairman Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., is perhaps Trump’s closest Capitol Hill ally.

“I would argue our chairman, frankly, is probably the member closest to the president, closer than probably any other member in the House or the Senate,” Jordan told “Fox News Sunday.”

But the deficit-heavy fiscal outlook is presenting challenges.

The two-year budget deal signed Friday by Trump raises the cap on military spending by roughly $160 billion. It also lifts the cap on domestic spending by about $128 billion and is projected to increase the federal deficit to roughly $1.2 trillion by fiscal 2019, which has roiled Freedom Caucus members and closely aligned groups including Tea Party activists and donors.

Further, the fiscal 2019 budget plan unveiled Monday no longer calls for balancing the budget over the next decade.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Re: Trumps proposed budget adds 7 TRILLION to the national debt, gives up on balacing the budget.

Post by j-c-c » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:16 am

Kinda makes me want DT to build his stupid Wall, the country could use the reminder of "idiocracy" gone wild, for centuries to come.
Just another $25 billion that will soon explode to $50 billion based on past experience.
DT liked the Maginot Line I hear.

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Re: Trumps proposed budget adds 7 TRILLION to the national debt, gives up on balacing the budget.

Post by dirtracr5 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:34 am

Sad to see how the national debt is being completely ignored by both party's.

Maybe we need an age limit in Congress and the white house. Get some younger politicians that actually care about the future.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:43 am

Not sure what is going on here but there a large cuts in the Trump budget.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:00 pm

Donald Trump has a long history of coming in under budget and ahead of schedule with a pre-sold, 100% occupancy and the "media" has a long history of blowing up the tiniest of verbal missteps into two weeks of wall to wall coverage so let's just see what Trump has up his sleeve.

And the whole, far-left, "the wall is a wasted $20 billion!" is bullshit and most of America knows it. We spend upwards of $135 billion annually on illegals. The $20 billion for the wall that takes care of that crap from here on out pays for itself in months. The alt-left just can't stand to lose all those voters.

And I have total faith in Trump being able to get Mexico to pay for it in one way or another. It's only the far left that tries to carry on, rant after rant, thinking that the president of Mexico is going to cut the US a personal check.

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Post by dirtracr5 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:06 pm

No longer calling for a balanced budget is a huge red flag.

Im not allowed to not have a balanced budget. Why should my govt be allowed to be so reckless?

rebelrouser
Pro
Pro

Post by rebelrouser » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:37 pm

Donald Trump brought his projects in under budget, by not paying contractors, using foreign steel, green card workers, and going bankrupt. I guess he expects when the US defaults it will be like his personal finances? Countries that default get treated a little differently.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:48 pm

^^^Talking points from the left who've never done anything^^^

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:00 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:48 pm
^^^Talking points from the left who've never done anything^^^
Bring your women by and I'll see if I can "trump" on them, if "anything" is the only goal.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:04 pm

Rev; "And the whole, far-left, "the wall is a wasted $20 billion!" is bullshit and most of America knows it."

Most of American then doesn't know or understand the Dunning_Kruger Effect. I suspect

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:52 pm

dirtracr5 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:34 am
Sad to see how the national debt is being completely ignored by both party's.

Maybe we need an age limit in Congress and the white house. Get some younger politicians that actually care about the future.
Kick the can down the road while collecting millions in campaign money from big corp. All to do lobbyists bidding.