Remington Is Planning to File for Bankruptcy

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

SupStk
Guru
Guru

Re: Remington Is Planning to File for Bankruptcy

Post by SupStk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Thinking if Remington is gonna survive it will require a government bailout, similar to GM's.
Is there enough at stake there to get congress interested?
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:41 pm

SupStk wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:34 pm
Thinking if Remington is gonna survive it will require a government bailout, similar to GM's.
Is there enough at stake there to get congress interested?
Probably not. Trump doesn't really care.

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:50 pm

just as an example, colt just did this. it does not take a gvmnt bailout for a company to survive.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:34 pm

Remington needs to get the hell out of New York. I am sure the state government is not doing Remington any favors. If anything just the opposite.

SupStk
Guru
Guru

Post by SupStk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Several points to consider;
I think Trump does care about American businesses. When a long time company bites the dust its doing no one any favors. Unions are big democrat supporters and those are union jobs at stake. Even though most on the left would like guns and their manufacturers to go away. They are caught between a rock and a hard place.

True about NY not being gun friendly. If I had a business in a location not friendly to my livelyhood, I'd be bustin' my buttons to relocate. Certainly wouldn't be happy about giving my tax money to support such a state

Colt was mentioned, believe I read not to long ago its the government contracts keeping them afloat. The consumer portion of their manufacturing is less than 1/4th of production. So consider Colt as a poor example of pulling it out on their own.
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine

tjs44
Pro
Pro

Post by tjs44 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:18 pm

The banks now own the co with the bondholders.Many will get stuck holding the bag.There was 2 recalls on the bolt actions in the numbers around 2 million.The first recall there was around 2500 guns returned to retro fit.The court said that was not good enough and were required to do another.The second recall there were virtually none returned.This was a pre packaged chapter 11.Good for management not so good for unsecured debtors.Im sure there will be some parts of the co spunoff.Tom

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:19 pm

"Maybe the, "Ring of Fire", group of gun companies ALL better get back in business!! BUT GET OUT OF CALI.!!!

Nothing like a cheap, "Saturday Night Special", to protect yourself with. Or, hell, knock over the local Liquor Store if you are of that ilk?

But this time offer a .327 Federal Magnum."

pdq67