Second Amendment Purpose

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Second Amendment Purpose

Post by j-c-c » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:01 am

"The Founding Fathers, having just broken away from Great Britain, understood the new federal government they were ratifying might one day become just as tyrannical. If it had the authority to control citizen access to firearms, then it could disarm them, just as the British attempted to do. This would make any attempts to restore liberties futile.................

James Madison, the father of the Constitution, said in 1789 that “A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country.”.............

So what is a militia as defined by the Founders? Mason said they were “the whole people, except for a few public officials.”

In fact, there was a universal acceptance among both federalists and anti-federalists as to the importance of the right to bear arms.

Alexander Hamilton wrote in Federalist 28 that “if the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no recourse left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense,” a right which he declared to be “paramount.”

And then there is clause “shall not be infringed.” There is no exception to this contained anywhere in the amendment.

Zacharia Johnson, a delegate to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, summed up the meaning of the Second Amendment when he declared that “The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full possession of them.”
http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2014/09 ... d-purpose/

So in the light of the original purpose mentioned above, when does the frog know to finally jump out of the pot of heating water on the stove?

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Re: Second Amendment Purpose

Post by 1989TransAm » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:39 am

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

What part of that do you not understand? Remember punctuation marks mean something.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:58 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:39 am
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

What part of that do you not understand? Remember punctuation marks mean something.
i guess my "frog" metaphor question was too sophisticated, let me be more direct, when does the "militia" bear arms against the "tyrannical" government?

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:22 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:58 pm
1989TransAm wrote:

i guess my "frog" metaphor question was too sophisticated, let me be more direct, when does the "militia" bear arms against the "tyrannical" government?
That is to be determined.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:56 pm

And every military person takes an oath, to protect from foreign and DOMESTIC enemies.

Now how would you describe a group that is trying to ruin America? By destroying liberty and property rights and creating laws out of thin air to take things away from americans, such as jobs, property in any form. And creating a mass mind washing empire ie the fake news industry to control with.

SupStk
Guru
Guru

Post by SupStk » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:15 pm

When does the frog jump out of the pot?

For me one of the reasons would be when gun confiscations become a reality.
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:47 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:22 pm
j-c-c wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:

That is to be determined.
Sounds like a spectator.

Lets then ask, since its indeterminate, when say should the Germans have risen up against their tyrannical leader Hitler to a successful conclusion, pick a year before 1945, and the red line he crossed that should have caused the "frog to jump", even taking into account you have the luxury of 20/20 hindsight.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:14 am

We already had tyrannical here, that was when we had healthcare FORCED on us. Did you already forget that tyrant?
What is Trump forcing on you?? Liberty??? At least he is trying to get it back. Too many hold overs from the tyrant don't want that though.
You demonstrate a zero thought process.

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am

j-c-c wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:

When it reaches the point that you will, "DIE FOR YOUR FREEDOM", instead of, "KEEPING ON, KEEPING ON"!!

And the start will probably be one of two things!

The attempted seizure of our WEAPONS or the attempted taking the VOTE away from us!!

Then it will be, "Lock and Load", time!

And you'd better have big enough, "balls", to pull the trigger because it will become either them OR you dying!

pdq67

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:28 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:14 am
We already had tyrannical here, that was when we had healthcare FORCED on us. Did you already forget that tyrant?
What is Trump forcing on you?? Liberty??? At least he is trying to get it back. Too many hold overs from the tyrant don't want that though.
You demonstrate a zero thought process.
He is forcing our children's future into further debt.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:23 am

The blame lies on all but a handful of demoncRATs and every big-spending RINO. We need to vote them out.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:37 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:23 am
The blame lies on all but a handful of demoncRATs and every big-spending RINO. We need to vote them out.
This is way beyond chromedomes comprehinsion skills.

woody b
Guru
Guru

Post by woody b » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:40 pm

The tyranny that needs to be addressed is the "deep state". They're trying to undermine the Constitution.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:47 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:37 pm
RevTheory wrote:
This is way beyond chromedomes comprehinsion skills.
Why no veto?? Why not trumps plan??

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:49 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Yea its the democrats,,, its the lacking leadership from the Whitehouse..