Dems win Missouri state House race in deep red pro-Trump district

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Dems win Missouri state House race in deep red pro-Trump district

Post by sanfordandson » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:17 pm

https://www.ksat.com/news/politics/dems ... p-district
Democrats on Tuesday picked up a state House seat in a Missouri legislative district that President Donald Trump won easily in 2016.

The victory, coming on the heels of other Democratic state-level triumphs in deep-red territory in the past year, provides another indication of the engaged Democratic base that has Republicans worried about the 2018 midterm elections.

Unofficial numbers from the secretary of state's office about the House District 97 race put Democrat Mike Revis 52-48 over Republican David Linton. The Jefferson County district, whose seat was held by a Republican who left for another position, went 61-33 for Trump in 2016.

Republicans kept three seats up for grabs during Tuesday's special elections, based on the preliminary results.

The Missouri Democratic Party congratulated Revis on his win, calling it a "loud and clear message" to the local GOP establishment.
Looks like the referendum on trump continues.

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Re: Dems win Missouri state House race in deep red pro-Trump district

Post by pdq67 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:43 am

If not mistaken, Jefferson, Franklin, and Washington counties are rural and possibly VERY drug filled!

I can see them flipping back Dem.

Probably been voting Dem. for more years than I am old AND they are still POOR!!

pdq67

past midnight

Post by past midnight » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:32 am

pdq67 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:43 am

Probably been voting Dem. for more years than I am old AND they are still POOR!!

pdq67
And still don't get it. :roll:

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:24 am

pdq67 wrote:
If not mistaken, Jefferson, Franklin, and Washington counties are rural and possibly VERY drug filled!

pdq67
Alot of rural counties are drug filled. And most rural counties vote strongly republican.

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Post by dirtracr5 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:46 am

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:24 am
pdq67 wrote:

pdq67
Alot of rural counties are drug filled. And most rural counties vote strongly republican.
I live in a rural farm county and for sure there are drugs in many rural areas. Drug doesn't care which political faction you belong to.

rebelrouser

Post by rebelrouser » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:16 pm

I live in Gasconade county Missouri, yes lots of drug activity. Drug addicts don't vote, they are more worried about where their next fix is coming from. When I go to the polls and vote, it is more 50 and older adults standing in line, seldom see young people at the polls.

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:58 pm

Thanks for updating me everybody, I appreciate it.

pdq67

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:47 pm

So what will go first when the commies again move into high office in this country? Reinstate the past restrictions with a vengeance? Jobs moving back to the US halt? 401K's disappear into oblivion? Again what are you willing to give up for demo c rat weapon of climate change?

Yeah lets blame Russia they are the ones that preach climate change right? Now for simple idiot logic and common sense what political party constantly preaches it? Is it the Russians that are really trying to control our lives and altering votes? Or is it the switch around party?
You know they do the dirty crap and then blame the other side. It is their MO from day 1 of existence.