US trade deficit in Trump’s first year soars to 9-year high of $566 billion

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Re: US trade deficit in Trump’s first year soars to 9-year high of $566 billion

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:25 am

past midnight wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:21 am
I was referring to normal working age men and women.

The biggest problem in finding workers is today's youth that has been brainwashed by the left to think they don't have to work a 40 hour week or to even work period.
What percentage of "normal" working age people choose not to work and why?

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Post by dirtracr5 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:45 am

past midnight wrote:

The biggest problem in finding workers is today's youth that has been brainwashed by the left to think they don't have to work a 40 hour week or to even work period.
My wife and my mother in law and in the group of able body normal age folks who either choose not to work or work part time. Both myself and my father in law make comfortable enough wages to allow this.

I see this more and more since the end of the recession and I see nothing wrong with it.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:17 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:25 am
past midnight wrote:

What percentage of "normal" working age people choose not to work and why?
Welfare and other programs have contributed to this. Places that have workfare have cut into this. Maine is one state that has done it. However states like California will never do it. It is part of their voter support system.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:20 pm

dirtracr5 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:45 am
past midnight wrote:

My wife and my mother in law and in the group of able body normal age folks who either choose not to work or work part time. Both myself and my father in law make comfortable enough wages to allow this.

I see this more and more since the end of the recession and I see nothing wrong with it.
My wife is in the same boat. She works part time only because she loves the job. I make more than enough to support her and our 2 children. Back in 2009 she was working full time. My income doubled between then and now.