Stocks suffer from nearly 1200 point loss. worst in history, erasing gains for the year.

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Stocks suffer from nearly 1200 point loss. worst in history, erasing gains for the year.

Post by RevTheory » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:07 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:53 pm
The DOW closed up 567 points today.
Lot's of volatility but I certainly hope it found its floor. [-o<

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3932
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Stocks suffer from nearly 1200 point loss. worst in history, erasing gains for the year.

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:36 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:07 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:53 pm
The DOW closed up 567 points today.
Lot's of volatility but I certainly hope it found its floor. [-o<
If the feds raise interest rates as predicted, you can bet it hasnt found its floor.

engineczar
Expert
Expert
Posts: 828
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Stocks suffer from nearly 1200 point loss. worst in history, erasing gains for the year.

Post by engineczar » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:42 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:36 pm
RevTheory wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:07 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:53 pm
The DOW closed up 567 points today.
Lot's of volatility but I certainly hope it found its floor. [-o<
If the feds raise interest rates as predicted, you can bet it hasnt found its floor.
Probably not. The next few weeks will be a wild ride.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3932
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Stocks suffer from nearly 1200 point loss. worst in history, erasing gains for the year.

Post by sanfordandson » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:45 pm

This could be the start of something that is a direct result of stepping on the gas pedal while the economy is at its speed limit.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1839
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Stocks suffer from nearly 1200 point loss. worst in history, erasing gains for the year.

Post by Firedome8 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:01 am

And then borrowing a trillion !!! Republican house Senate and white house...I said this will happen and the invisible hand will respond.
"Deficits don't matter Reagan proved that"
Dick

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1839
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Stocks suffer from nearly 1200 point loss. worst in history, erasing gains for the year.

Post by Firedome8 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:05 am

No god dam excuses the Orange one is a big government spender,,along with the rest of the f aholes in congress. Dems and Republican mf. And assgas may speak some truth but I know for sure who signed this f budget into law.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3932
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Stocks suffer from nearly 1200 point loss. worst in history, erasing gains for the year.

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:18 am

Firedome8 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:05 am
No god dam excuses the Orange one is a big government spender,,along with the rest of the f aholes in congress. Dems and Republican mf. And assgas may speak some truth but I know for sure who signed this f budget into law.
Im glad Rand Paul took a stand but it was all for nothing. The swamp is as full as its ever been. Big spending politicians rule.

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6911
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Stocks suffer from nearly 1200 point loss. worst in history, erasing gains for the year.

Post by pdq67 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:33 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"I'm glad Rand Paul took a stand but it was all for nothing. The swamp is as full as its ever been. Big spending politicians rule."

This is why WE have to vote the CSer's out and keep doing it until HOPEFULLY some will finally get what WE want done to try to fix our Country!

And we have to do it before THEY take the VOTE away from us like THEY are trying to do with our guns!!

pdq67

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Stocks suffer from nearly 1200 point loss. worst in history, erasing gains for the year.

Post by RevTheory » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:23 am

This from President Trump on FB:

"Must elect more Republicans in 2018 Election! This Bill is a BIG VICTORY for our Military, but much waste in order to get Dem votes. Fortunately, DACA not included in this Bill, negotiations to start now!"

"Sadly, we needed some Dem votes for passage. Must elect more Republicans in 2018 election!"

It's up to us to elect fiscal conservatives. A vote for more dems or RINOs is just a vote for more spending.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3932
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Stocks suffer from nearly 1200 point loss. worst in history, erasing gains for the year.

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:04 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:23 am
This from President Trump on FB:

"Must elect more Republicans in 2018 Election! This Bill is a BIG VICTORY for our Military, but much waste in order to get Dem votes. Fortunately, DACA not included in this Bill, negotiations to start now!"

"Sadly, we needed some Dem votes for passage. Must elect more Republicans in 2018 election!"

It's up to us to elect fiscal conservatives. A vote for more dems or RINOs is just a vote for more spending.
Gop and trump are complicit in funding our national debt. Sad times.

j-c-c
Pro
Pro
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Stocks suffer from nearly 1200 point loss. worst in history, erasing gains for the year.

Post by j-c-c » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:22 pm

1% is going to need a tax cut, stat.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Stocks suffer from nearly 1200 point loss. worst in history, erasing gains for the year.

Post by RevTheory » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:03 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:22 pm
1% is going to need a tax cut, stat.
Is that the same 1% who pays the vast majority of everything already? Yeah, that's the secret to job growth. Spoken like a true liberal.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3932
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Stocks suffer from nearly 1200 point loss. worst in history, erasing gains for the year.

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:31 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:22 pm
1% is going to need a tax cut, stat.
Make sure that tax cut is permanent as well. Not just a temporary deal like the common folk get.

Post Reply