Dow plummets 666 points, capping worst week in 2 years

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Re: Dow plummets 666 points, capping worst week in 2 years

Post by RevTheory » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:42 am

sanfordandson wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:24 am
RevTheory wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:22 am
You're such a troll. Go try to learn something.
Oh wow that was a real zinger! You must have put something extra special in your coffee this morning! :lol:
No, it's just impossible to have adult conversations with internet trolls. Just last week you were crediting ohdummy for the market, and, as we correctly predicted, the market retracement that we knew was long-overdue, is another one of your useless anti-Trump troll threads.

Everytime you post you just solidify the fact that you're a useless internet troll. You don't understand any of this and you don't care. You just jump on random forums and stir shit.

Go to the gym. Go clean the shop. Hell, kick on Netflix and do some day-drinking. I know, trolling is easy.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:51 am

RevTheory wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:42 am
Just last week you were crediting ohdummy for the market
lying wont get you anywhere. :lol: =D> :^o :^o

Bigger the river....bigger the flood.

I'm sure trump will blame the crash on hillary.... #-o

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:09 am

I'm going to give you a little tidbit that I'm sure you either won't understand or will spin off the planet in some other trollish way that I can't even predict: when the market keeps grinding upward, at some point, the pundits start talking about inflation and whether or not the treasury will raise interest rates to hopefully keep rampant inflation at bay. When that starts to happen, you can pretty-reliably predict that a correction is right around the corner.

When the market didn't correct at 25,000, I knew it was going to be a little rougher than I'd like to see. What happens at levels like that is a profit-taking sell-off at a psychological resistance level. The big players sell large portions to take the profits from the bull run and that triggers the stops from many of the smaller guys causing a sell-off that's more dramatic than the news of the day would suggest. It is what it is and that's how it works.

If the President at the time of the correction has sound principles in place, the correction shouldn't be too bad and things will keep going. And no, year after year of quantitative easing is not sound, economic policy.

This is why you've always worn a nametag on your shirt and choose to be a troll rather than trying to develop an understanding of trends.

Oh, I totally forgot: [-X [-X :^o =D> :lol: :roll: :shock: #-o #-o

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:15 am

RevTheory wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:09 am
I'm going to give you a little tidbit that I'm sure you either won't understand or will spin off the planet in some other trollish way that I can't even predict: when the market keeps grinding upward, at some point, the pundits start talking about inflation and whether or not the treasury will raise interest rates to hopefully keep rampant inflation at bay. When that starts to happen, you can pretty-reliably predict that a correction is right around the corner.

When the market didn't correct at 25,000, I knew it was going to be a little rougher than I'd like to see. What happens at levels like that is a profit-taking sell-off at a psychological resistance level. The big players sell large portions to take the profits from the bull run and that triggers the stops from many of the smaller guys causing a sell-off that's more dramatic than the news of the day would suggest. It is what it is and that's how it works.

If the President at the time of the correction has sound principles in place, the correction shouldn't be too bad and things will keep going. And no, year after year of quantitative easing is not sound, economic policy.

This is why you've always worn a nametag on your shirt and choose to be a troll rather than trying to develop an understanding of trends.

Oh, I totally forgot: [-X [-X :^o =D> :lol: :roll: :shock: #-o #-o
Still doesn't explain why you have to lie to make an argument. A sure sign of weakness...

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:28 am

Sure does explain that you have no grasp of what I just said and no desire to get one so you resort to bullshit troll posts.

I made my point and you took the bait. That sucks, huh. :D

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:33 am

RevTheory wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:28 am
Sure does explain that you have no grasp of what I just said and no desire to get one so you resort to bullshit troll posts.

I made my point and you took the bait. That sucks, huh. :D
Another deflection.

I'll wait for you to find my post from last week giving obama credit for this past years stock market increase... =D>

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:49 am

Typical semantics from the left. I don't remember right off hand if you gave ohdummy credit (although I'm somewhere around 100% that you did) but you went out of your way to pull it away from Trump.

Along those lines, go ahead and validate that silly comment you just made about me pulling a 180*.

Oh, and this little deflection of yours won't stop me from bringing the point home over and over that you don't understand the market and are just a troll. I know the tactics of Saul Alinsky and I know the tactics of internet trolls.

Damn, at least try to get an elementary education of a topic before you blast it over the forums you troll so you hopefully don't look like such an idiot.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:05 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:49 am
I don't remember right off hand if you gave ohdummy credit (although I'm somewhere around 100% that you did) but you went out of your way to pull it away from Trump.
You have a lengthy history of being wrong. This is no exception... :^o :^o

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:07 pm

So prove it! Show us that you're just not another useless internet troll.

Also noteworthy is you have yet to dispute what I said about the market. Deflect much?

:-D :lol: :roll: =D> #-o [-X :---) :-" =; :lol: (Emojis to demonstrate how silly sandytroll looks.)

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:08 pm

The DOW pulling back is a healthy sign. The fundamentals are in good shape and the market will rebound.

Ratu
Expert
Expert

Post by Ratu » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:25 pm

The stock market is as dishonest as the fake media. Do not even think of making the attempt to use it as a means of measuring the state of the economy. Fact is the US economy has been long since hollowed out. There is debt piled upon debt piled upon debt. The US govt is insolvent and the present state of affairs is unsustainable. What is coming is a very serious recession, depression even. This time even millions of Bernanke helicopters dumping fiat currency into the canyons of Wall St in the vain attempt to stem the hemorrhaging would not be enough!

President Trump has played a very dangerous game by publicly taking credit for the lift in the stock market during the first 100 days of his tenure. He ought to have been far more circumspect with this. One recalls the wisdom of the late President Reagan in this regard. When the looming recession/depression hits, President Trump is going to be blamed for it in its entirety by Democrats and various Washington swamp denizens. It will be difficult to explain to anyone that he is just as much a passenger as pretty much everyone else is going to be. His financial interests will be injured severely, as will what remains of the middle class. Productive people are going to suffer majorly. This is baked into the economy presently. It is unavoidable.

Take home lesson is that watching the Dow and trying to use that to divine the state of the nation, let alone the economy, is a futile pursuit. It is a distraction. The nation is already in severest decline and in real terms already in recession. It is deepening swiftly.

The President seems to have been aware of this issue during his campaigning. He stated on several occasions that the Fed was a problem, that the economy was in a tailspin and that the elites were using the system to rip-off the common people. He indicated he would be attending to the Fed among other things economic. So far he has not approached that subject again. Perhaps he has been otherwise engaged, what with dealing with all the fake allegations of being a spy and urinating on ex-President Obama's bed of prostitutes and the like.

So, forget the Dow. If you live in the USA understand that practically everything around you is in a bubble right at the moment- student loans, university tuition, asset prices, auto-loans, house-hold debt, personal debt, medical insurance, medical care costs etc etc etc etc etc.

Always remember, all debts are realised, one way or another. Another way of saying it is, all debts are paid without exception, one way or another, one day or another, by someone. It is inevitable. Beware, as the Dow is not useful for preserving your personal solvency, let alone your circumstances....

Also recall, if you HAVE to borrow, then you can't afford it. It is reckoned by many of the wisest that banks will lend you an umbrella........ until it rains. Then they'll want it returned.

Finally, face it gentlemen, ex-President Obama was a disaster for your country and for your fellow countrymen. He was but one of many of the government "smart yet idiot" set, but nothing particularly special- just another specimen of what ails.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:30 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:08 pm
The DOW pulling back is a healthy sign. The fundamentals are in good shape and the market will rebound.
Of course it is. :roll: #-o [-X

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:37 am

I gave trollboy 24 hours and he still hasn't addressed the market or even tried to speak intelligently. Nothing but troll.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:03 am

RevTheory wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:37 am
I gave trollboy 24 hours and he still hasn't addressed the market or even tried to speak intelligently. Nothing but troll.
And intelligent conversation with a liar like yourself? Good luck.... :lol: :roll:

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:13 am

Still haven't shown what I lied about. You can't because I don't. You're the troll that posts up whatever you think stirs the most shit at the moment. You're the troll who's been wrong about everything about this whole Trump deal.