FBI Investigates if Trump Campaign Received Russian Money Funneled Through NRA

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

FBI Investigates if Trump Campaign Received Russian Money Funneled Through NRA

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:51 pm

http://www.newsweek.com/fbi-russia-trum ... nra-784445
The FBI is investigating a Russian banker for allegedly funneling money to President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign through contributions made to the National Rifle Association.

As special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe continues, investigators are now looking into Russian banker Alexander Torshin, who has ties to the Kremlin, two sources told McClatchy. The anonymous sources did not say how long the investigation has been going on and remained unnamed due to the confidential nature of the Mueller investigation.

Torshin has a close relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin and ties to the NRA.

It was revealed in November 2017 that Torshin, the deputy head of Russia's central bank, also attended a NRA dinner in Kentucky in May 2016, where he spoke with Donald Trump Jr. He had previously attempted to set up a meeting about the Trump campaign.

Both Donald Trump Jr. and President Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner denied email requests involving Torshin for a meeting with the candidate. In February 2017, the White House reportedly canceled a meeting with Torshin after a national security aide found that the high-level Russian banker had mob ties.

In recent weeks, Trump's family and friends have been new targets for investigation in Mueller's Russia probe.

On Wednesday, a lawyer for President Trump told CBS News that the president was "very eager" to talk to Mueller about the Russia investigation and "put the matter to rest."

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon also agreed on Wednesday to an interview with Mueller to avoid testifying before a grand jury.
getting better by the day! \:D/ :lol:

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Re: FBI Investigates if Trump Campaign Received Russian Money Funneled Through NRA

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Newsweak is all you need to know.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Re: FBI Investigates if Trump Campaign Received Russian Money Funneled Through NRA

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:20 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:56 pm
So it's not being looked into?
Prove it.

engineczar
Expert
Expert

Post by engineczar » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:44 pm

So just for sh*ts and giggles lets say the guy does belong to the NRA and makes a contribution to them. The law already dictates how much an organization like the NRA can donate and I'm sure the NRA maxes that amount out for every election with or without that donation. How does this prove that Trump/Russia collusion has anything to do with it? I'm sure the DNC and Hillary have received millions from sources that could be construed as questionable.

All stories like this do is give trolls like you a hard on.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:04 pm

Just another ridiculous troll post from sandytroll to get some attention. I'm not even sure he actually believes half the stupid shit he posts.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:17 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:20 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:56 pm
So it's not being looked into?
Prove it.
If true all it shows is how desperate the Mueller investigation is getting.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:32 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:51 pm

It was revealed in November 2017 that Torshin, the deputy head of Russia's central bank, also attended a NRA dinner in Kentucky in May 2016, where he spoke with Donald Trump Jr. He had previously attempted to set up a meeting about the Trump campaign. Me: Meaning that they said no.

Both Donald Trump Jr. and President Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner denied email requests involving Torshin for a meeting with the candidate. In February 2017, the White House reportedly canceled a meeting with Torshin after a national security aide found that the high-level Russian banker had mob ties. Me: Again, meaning they said no!

In recent weeks, Trump's family and friends have been new targets for investigation in Mueller's Russia probe. Me: WTF? How damn desperate is Mueller and his democRAT hitmen?
Isn't it funny how much sandytroll and all of the Soros-funded, alt-left rags gloss over in their desperate attempt to make Trump look bad.

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:10 am

How much MONEY did the, "Clinton Crime Family", gather up with the, "CUNT's", "Pay to Play", game?

And they are still digging after Pres. Trump and any, "supposed", Russian MONEY!!

Go figure..

Me thinks that SOMEBODY's priorities are off here!

But then again, Pres. Trump is a mere mortal whereas the, "CUNT", is made of Teflon!

I will say it again! We will never be rid of bh0, the, "CUNT", and ol', "2-fingered slick", until they ALL are 6 foot under the ground!

And if, "little cunt", isn't included here, we will later be contending with her shit just like her Mom and Dad's shit!

pdq67

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:35 am

pdq67 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:10 am
How much MONEY did the, "Clinton Crime Family", gather up with the, "CUNT's", "Pay to Play", game?

And they are still digging after Pres. Trump and any, "supposed", Russian MONEY!!

Go figure..

Me thinks that SOMEBODY's priorities are off here!

But then again, Pres. Trump is a mere mortal whereas the, "CUNT", is made of Teflon!

I will say it again! We will never be rid of bh0, the, "CUNT", and ol', "2-fingered slick", until they ALL are 6 foot under the ground!

And if, "little cunt", isn't included here, we will later be contending with her shit just like her Mom and Dad's shit!

pdq67
Clinton has nothing to do with drumps crimes.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:53 am

TRUMP hasn't committed any crimes. Killary, the DNC and ohdummy's politically weaponized administration on the other hand...

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:00 am

RevTheory wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:53 am
TRUMP hasn't committed any crimes. Killary, the DNC and ohdummy's politically weaponized administration on the other hand...
And how do you know that trump is inocent of any crime.
I'll accept mullers findings.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:26 am

And how do you know he has? You sure post like he has. Just running with CNN?

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:41 am

RevTheory wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:26 am
And how do you know he has? You sure post like he has. Just running with CNN?
I have no concrete evedence never said I did ,,,I'll go with mullers findings.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:45 am

Firedome8 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:41 am
I have no concrete evedence never said I did ,,,I'll go with mullers findings.
Firedome8 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:35 am
Clinton has nothing to do with drumps crimes.

lefty o
Expert
Expert

Post by lefty o » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:47 am

it doesnt much matter in the end, if you look long enough you can find dirt on the virgin mary. long term this whole thing is going to backfire and bite the dems very hard on their asses.