Trump upholds Iran nuclear deal, Waives sanctions.

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Trump upholds Iran nuclear deal, Waives sanctions.

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:34 pm

http://www.dw.com/en/donald-trump-waive ... a-42132477
US President Donald Trump extended a sanctions waiver on Iran on Friday, keeping the landmark nuclear deal with Tehran in force for at least another four months.

Trump did, however, warn that Friday's waiver would be the last time he was prepared to prevent Congress from putting sanctions in place, unless a significantly strengthened agreement was reached with Iran and the US' European allies within 120 days.

Read more: Iran: Nuclear deal relies on 'full compliance' from US

"This is a last chance," Trump said in a statement. "In the absence of such an agreement, the United States will not again waive sanctions in order to stay in the Iran nuclear deal. And if at any time I judge that such an agreement is not within reach, I will withdraw from the deal immediately."

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Re: Trump upholds Iran nuclear deal, Waives sanctions.

Post by pdq67 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:36 pm

IMHO, a 4 month sanction is like telling somebody that you won't call them a, "CSer", for 4 months, but look out after the end of the 4 months!

pdq67

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:17 pm

This is the last time. After 4 months this will end.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:24 pm

I would have done the same thing with what's going on over there. Why give the mullahs something to propagandize? Hold back on the sanctions a bit and see how the rebellion plays out while offering support in the background.

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:21 am

Wouldn't it be ironic if one of Iran's, "nukes", blew up on them, just out of the blue....

I figure the world would be a better place IF something like that would happen.

Same deal with North Korea too...

AND I am not saying that we should cause something like this to happen, but rather just accidents!!

Didn't it happen to the Reds over by the Ural Mountains years ago when one of their nuclear reactor complexes blew up and it took the rest of the world some time to figure out that it did if not mistaken.. I think that it blew up big-time, just like Chernobyl did...

pdq67