Foreign made goods:

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

kirkwoodken
Guru
Guru

Foreign made goods:

Post by kirkwoodken » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:31 am

With China making a huge amount of our consumer products, we are on longer a self sufficient nation. We thought having a nuke would make us the strongest nation. Nukes do not provide long term income as do American automobiles, appliances, machine industry, etc., now all being produced without American labor that used to buy American made products. I used to work for a company which had a lathe with a chair on the carriage. Had about an 80 foot long bed. When is the last time you saw one of those? We could be making the huge engines for the cargo hauling ships now being built by the Japanese, but all our large machines have been cut up for scrap and shipped overseas. Also, there are still many who believe in "trickle down economics".
A careful study of the British Empire will show how far/quickly the moneys trickled down from Lords to Serfs. Yes, I know this is off topic, but I had relatives who would fight to the death over riding in a car made by people who killed thousands of young American heroes.
"Life is too short to not run a solid roller cam."
"Anything is possible, if you don't know what you're talking about."
I am NOT an Expert, and DEFINITELY NOT a GURU.
Kirkwoodken

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Re: Foreign made goods:

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:10 am

kirkwoodken wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:31 am
With China making a huge amount of our consumer products, we are on longer a self sufficient nation. We thought having a nuke would make us the strongest nation. Nukes do not provide long term income as do American automobiles, appliances, machine industry, etc., now all being produced without American labor that used to buy American made products. I used to work for a company which had a lathe with a chair on the carriage. Had about an 80 foot long bed. When is the last time you saw one of those? We could be making the huge engines for the cargo hauling ships now being built by the Japanese, but all our large machines have been cut up for scrap and shipped overseas. Also, there are still many who believe in "trickle down economics".
A careful study of the British Empire will show how far/quickly the moneys trickled down from Lords to Serfs. Yes, I know this is off topic, but I had relatives who would fight to the death over riding in a car made by people who killed thousands of young American heroes.
Its a global economy. Play the game and take advantage of it or take the route trump wants us to go down. Isolationism.

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:40 am

S & S,

"Its a global economy. Play the game and take advantage of it or take the route trump wants us to go down. Isolationism."

Are you saying that if you are NOT a player, you are effectively f**d??

Because as I see it most poor people aren't players! They are too busy, IF they are honest, putting two $dollars together to try to buy something.

pdq67

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:44 am

pdq67 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:40 am
pdq67
Exactly, everything is tied together.
You think trump only deals in the good old USA?? [-X

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:50 am

lefty o
Expert
Expert

Post by lefty o » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 am

sanfordandson wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:44 am
pdq67 wrote:
pdq67
and yet you basically called trump an isolationist! make up your mind troll!

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 am

sanfordandson wrote:
pdq67 wrote:
pdq67
Your comments are just plain ignorant and stupid. It was the likes of Obama who was taking this country down the wrong path with bad deals and over regulation. A lot of manufacturing is coming back to this country thanks to the good policies of President Trump.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:14 pm

lefty o wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 am
sanfordandson wrote:
pdq67 wrote:
pdq67
and yet you basically called trump an isolationist! make up your mind troll!
He is when it comes to America...but not his own stuff. Need to be a hypocrite to appease the base i guess... =D>

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Please kick me if I am wrong, but it seemed that years ago, we didn't have all that many, "robber barons", here, but rather just business owners that made just a decent profit.

Now it seems as if they all want to spend Feb. in FL and make a hell of a bunch of money while paying the people that make it for them as little as they can get by with!

How wrong am I here?

I figure that if said business owners earned a decent living AND also pay a decent living wage for the help that we all would profit and help build up our Country! How wrong am I here??

And as far as China reniging on that $Trillion+ bill, that us TAXPAYERS took it up the, "sun doesn't shine", as usual because the holders of that debt sure the hell never did eat it!! The game is now rigged AND they never eat ANYTHING!! Think the, "Monetization of Debt", here!! It took the World Bankers since the 1600's to get this done so figure this crap out! I figure the, "House of Rothschilds", here as well as the, "Bank of England" and our more recent f**, "FED"!!

pdq67

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:35 pm

pdq67 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:17 pm
Please kick me if I am wrong, but it seemed that years ago, we didn't have all that many, "robber barons", here, but rather just business owners that made just a decent profit.

Now it seems as if they all want to spend Feb. in FL and make a hell of a bunch of money while paying the people that make it for them as little as they can get by with!

How wrong am I here?

I figure that if said business owners earned a decent living AND also pay a decent living wage for the help that we all would profit and help build up our Country! How wrong am I here??

And as far as China reniging on that $Trillion+ bill, that us TAXPAYERS took it up the, "sun doesn't shine", as usual because the holders of that debt sure the hell never did eat it!! The game is now rigged AND they never eat ANYTHING!! Think the, "Monetization of Debt", here!! It took the World Bankers since the 1600's to get this done so figure this crap out! I figure the, "House of Rothschilds", here as well as the, "Bank of England" and our more recent f**, "FED"!!

pdq67
=D>

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Also, there are still many who believe in "trickle down economics".
Not one person in a thousand understands what "trickle down economics" really is. Your view is incorrect and merely reflects what leftist politicians have constructed.

Check out a few economics books for "trickle down economics".

lefty o
Expert
Expert

Post by lefty o » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:22 pm

pdq67 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:17 pm

How wrong am I here?

pdq67
your on the right track. too bad so many liberals want everything done elsewhere and just expect free handouts in this country.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Dodge just announced that it is bringing back truck manufacturing from Mexico to Detroit. =D>

lefty o
Expert
Expert

Post by lefty o » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:58 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:05 pm
Dodge just announced that it is bringing back truck manufacturing from Mexico to Detroit. =D>
dont worry, some liberal will make it out to be a bad thing.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Link to the story. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-fiat ... SKBN1F034F

"Fiat Chrysler said it would create 2,500 jobs at a factory in Warren, Michigan, near Detroit and invest $1 billion in the facility. The Mexican plant will be “repurposed to produce future commercial vehicles” for sale global markets. Mexico has free trade agreements with numerous countries."