Foreign made goods:

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Foreign made goods:

Post by Firedome8 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:02 am

I still drive a 1995 ford aspire 40 mpg in summer . Ford badge Mazda engine built by Kia. My second one.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5842
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Foreign made goods:

Post by David Redszus » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:33 am

How do we define "foreign made goods" when the products were invented in the US, designed in the US, and produced by a US company even though the manufacturing plant is just across the border in Canada or Mexico? Or across the world?

Is a Mercedes built in Alabama a German car or American?
What is a Volkswagen built in China?

A product is superb or junk, not because of where it is built, but because of how it is built.
Modern manufacturing plants can be quickly built anywhere in the world.

Ask Apple.

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6925
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Foreign made goods:

Post by pdq67 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:38 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Modern manufacturing plants can be quickly built anywhere in the world."

Thanks to ISO-9000 and ISO-14000.

pdq67

User avatar
af2
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6158
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:42 pm
Location: Grass Valley, CA :Northern Foothills

Re: Foreign made goods:

Post by af2 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:10 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:15 pm
Also, there are still many who believe in "trickle down economics".
Not one person in a thousand understands what "trickle down economics" really is. Your view is incorrect and merely reflects what leftist politicians have constructed.

Check out a few economics books for "trickle down economics".
GURU is only a name.
Adam

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6925
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Foreign made goods:

Post by pdq67 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:11 am

af2,

"Check out a few economics books for "trickle down economics"."

Will we find that it DOESN'T REALLY EXIST? It might exist in print, but not in the REAL WORLD, right?

pdq67

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Foreign made goods:

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:21 am

pdq67 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:11 am
af2,

"Check out a few economics books for "trickle down economics"."

Will we find that it DOESN'T REALLY EXIST? It might exist in print, but not in the REAL WORLD, right?

pdq67
Gop lie.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Foreign made goods:

Post by RevTheory » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:35 am

Lie? Tell that to the millions of Americans that got jobs, wage increases, bonuses and better 401k and insurance plans as a direct result of "trickle down economics". This is in addition to the tax breaks that they'll be getting next month.

You can yell, scream and cry and post up bullshit links from NPR, yahoo, Politico and any other Soros-funded rag you want but it doesn't change the fact that President Trump is right and not a single dem voted for it.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Foreign made goods:

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:41 am

RevTheory wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:35 am
Lie? Tell that to the millions of Americans that got jobs, wage increases, bonuses and better 401k and insurance plans as a direct result of "trickle down economics". This is in addition to the tax breaks that they'll be getting next month.

You can yell, scream and cry and post up bullshit links from NPR, yahoo, Politico and any other Soros-funded rag you want but it doesn't change the fact that President Trump is right and not a single dem voted for it.
We will see when the budget comes out,, if their is deficits it is all bullsheet.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Foreign made goods:

Post by RevTheory » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:21 am

38 billion dollars in tax revenue from repatriated funds (that ohdummy didn't know how to get done) along with all the tax revenue from the creation of 20,000 jobs over the next several years just got added to the till in a move from a single company just yesterday.

The left is going to cry about the deficit for the first time ever but let's see how things are looking in the 2020 budget when we've hopefully hit 4.5% GDP and other companies have repatriated hopefully a trillion+ dollars.

These things are penciled out over 10 years for a reason.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Foreign made goods:

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:41 am

RevTheory wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:21 am
38 billion dollars in tax revenue from repatriated funds (that ohdummy didn't know how to get done) along with all the tax revenue from the creation of 20,000 jobs over the next several years just got added to the till in a move from a single company just yesterday.

The left is going to cry about the deficit for the first time ever but let's see how things are looking in the 2020 budget when we've hopefully hit 4.5% GDP and other companies have repatriated hopefully a trillion+ dollars.

These things are penciled out over 10 years for a reason.
Time will tell. Its the GOP that howls about deficit spending then does nothing about it.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Foreign made goods:

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:00 am

How was the budget balanced under Clinton ???

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Foreign made goods:

Post by RevTheory » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:06 am

Firedome8 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:00 am
How was the budget balanced under Clinton ???
The one with the Republican house led by Gingrich and his "Contract for America"? But I know, it takes two to tango and the swamp is full of rats on both sides.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5541
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Foreign made goods:

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:00 am
How was the budget balanced under Clinton ???
Because of Newt Gingrich. I have to give Bill Clinton for signing the tax bill.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Foreign made goods:

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:39 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:09 pm
Firedome8 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:00 am
How was the budget balanced under Clinton ???
Because of Newt Gingrich. I have to give Bill Clinton for signing the tax bill.
No they worked together , I get that.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Foreign made goods:

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:40 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:06 am
Firedome8 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:00 am
How was the budget balanced under Clinton ???
The one with the Republican house led by Gingrich and his "Contract for America"? But I know, it takes two to tango and the swamp is full of rats on both sides.
Agree

Post Reply