Congrats to Trump on another Time magazine cover!!

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Congrats to Trump on another Time magazine cover!!

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:05 pm

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/trumps-year-o ... 54438.html
President Donald Trump, whose desk in his Trump Tower office holds stacks of magazine cover stories about him, was Time’s “Person of the Year” in 2016. The president clearly believed that he deserved it again last year — but says he refused to sit for a photo shoot unless he was guaranteed to be chosen. (The magazine ended up selecting “The Silence Breakers” as its “Person of the Year.”)

Trump has to settle for the cover of the Jan. 22 issue, which will be released on Friday. Rather than a flattering photograph, it bears a caricature by artist Edel Rodriguez of a miniature Trump beneath a giant yellow conflagration of hair and has just two words: “Year One.”

The story inside is both an account of Trump’s explosive first year in office and the White House reaction to Michael Wolff’s devastating portrait of the administration, “Fire and Fury.”

The drawing is the third in a series of covers Rodriguez has done in minimalist primary colors, reducing the presidential physiognomy to an orange-and-yellow blob. Time first used the emoji-like drawing during Trump’s turbulent 2016 campaign, attaching the word “Meltdown” to the Aug. 22, 2016, issue. It did so again two months later, declaring Trump’s candidacy a “Total Meltdown” for its Oct. 14, 2016, issue.

=D> =D>

j-c-c
Pro
Pro

Re: Congrats to Trump on another Time magazine cover!!

Post by j-c-c » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:37 pm

His 2015 Mad Magazine front cover "Dumb and Dumber" was his high water mark of fame in my eyes.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Holy jeeze, far-left media has shit to talk. I bet they like their tax break though. Go figure...

engineczar
Expert
Expert

Post by engineczar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:10 pm

The irony is that all the doom and gloom predictions by the left haven't even begun to pan out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

j-c-c
Pro
Pro

Post by j-c-c » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:27 am

img863.jpg

j-c-c
Pro
Pro

Post by j-c-c » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:29 am

Obviously we have a very different set of values, and/or political awareness.

I'm actually saddened my personal negative predictions have actually been surpassed.
j-c-c wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:27 am
img863.jpg

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:47 am

What I don't understand is how liberals can actually believe that liberal ideology actually benefits anyone. I guess they can just sit on the sideline and cry and moan while the rest of us led by President Trump repair the damage.

Hopefully President Trump and his MAGA policies squash liberalism for at least a generation.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:08 am

Thats a fitting picture of him JCC. He's really done quite worse than I thought he would.

I had high hopes after a decent election victory speech he gave. It's all been downhill from there.

engineczar
Expert
Expert

Post by engineczar » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:30 am

sanfordandson wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:08 am
Thats a fitting picture of him JCC. He's really done quite worse than I thought he would.

I had high hopes after a decent election victory speech he gave. It's all been downhill from there.
I hear ya, I know now that the predicted total collapse of the stock market that has occurred is pretty big. Hopefully we can recover from the depression we're in. Also the rise of ISIS and the realization that they've taken control of the USA is a pretty big failure and not to mention the massive tax increases he's implemented. Not to mention all the evidence that's come up about how he worked hand in hand with Putin to totally the rig the election. Yeah that was pretty bad stuff. I think the only thing he could improve on is that he needs to add a few more liberal Justices to the Supreme Court, the one he added wasn't enough. I'd type more but with World War III now underway and the internet totally unavailable because of Net Neutrality I can't. /sarc

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:36 am

^^^^Truth! Total loss for what used to be a utopian country. Thank God we still have CNN to tell us the truth :lol: ^^^

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:31 am

engineczar wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:30 am

I hear ya, I know now that the predicted total collapse of the stock market that has occurred is pretty big. Hopefully we can recover from the depression we're in. Also the rise of ISIS and the realization that they've taken control of the USA is a pretty big failure and not to mention the massive tax increases he's implemented. Not to mention all the evidence that's come up about how he worked hand in hand with Putin to totally the rig the election. Yeah that was pretty bad stuff. I think the only thing he could improve on is that he needs to add a few more liberal Justices to the Supreme Court, the one he added wasn't enough. I'd type more but with World War III now underway and the internet totally unavailable because of Net Neutrality I can't. /sarc
No wall, no immigration reform, we still have obamacare, booming national debt, an advancing nuclear north korea, mass shootings on our home soil, clintons still not in jail, ect...

Yep he's doing great. Quit the dealmaker! :lol:

At least trump got you a few extra crumbs a month so you can buy a new toothbrush and some socks... =D>

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:54 am

..and who would do any better? Name someone.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:11 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:54 am
Almost every other GOP candidate. Even few moderate dems i suspect. :mrgreen:

engineczar
Expert
Expert

Post by engineczar » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:24 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:31 am
engineczar wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:30 am

No wall, no immigration reform, we still have obamacare, booming national debt, an advancing nuclear north korea, mass shootings on our home soil, clintons still not in jail, ect...

Yep he's doing great. Quit the dealmaker! :lol:

At least trump got you a few extra crumbs a month so you can buy a new toothbrush and some socks... =D>
No wall, no immigration reform.... yet you gloat every time a left wing judge blocks it

we still have obamacare...... Due to the Establishment Republicans ( that you support ) who won't do what they ran on when elected

booming national debt, an advancing nuclear north korea, mass shootings on our home soil......... Yeah because President Kasich would do better :lol: :lol: :lol:

clintons still not in jail........ Like they're ever going to see jail time

At least trump got you a few extra crumbs a month so you can buy a new toothbrush and some socks..... Wouldn't know, I'm comfortably self employed.

engineczar
Expert
Expert

Post by engineczar » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:24 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:11 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:54 am
Almost every other GOP candidate. Even few moderate dems i suspect. :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: this statement alone shows how clueless you are :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: