TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT TO PAY FOR THE WALL!!

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7206
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT TO PAY FOR THE WALL!!

Post by pdq67 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:32 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:34 pm
"If the messicans weren't here, they couldn't send money back home, now could they!"

And just think of all the couch potatoes that could then find a job cutting lawns, picking fruit, doing roof work, etc, and then be able to get tax refunds on withholding taxes, collect SS, etc Boy, just think of all the unintended consequences, its mind boggling. Besides them Mexicans are too lazy/dumb to figure a way around, over, under, or thru any Great big beautiful wall an American can build.

Hey pass me another beer, this couch is just getting cozy.
j-c-c,

If Pres. Trump is fortunate to, "lower", the f** DOLE, then MAYBE a bunch of fat-assed, lazy CSer's just might have to go to work!!

That or do something illegal to support themselves because nobody is going to give them any money out of their own billfold to help support them. Now our f** Gov. might, but I won't!!

Remember here that I was taught that there are ONLY THREE WAYS to get MONEY!!

1. Work for it and receive pay for doing so;

2. Somebody gives MONEY to you; and

3. Do something illegal to get it!!

Nobody ever gave me anything except a ration of shit! And I don't like being locked up, therefore I have always worked for my pay!!

pdq67

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT TO PAY FOR THE WALL!!

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:17 am

Splitter wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:28 pm
Seems to me that if $25 billion dollars in currency just left the country and is no longer in circulation, and the government has an upcoming project which will cost $25 billion dollars, it would be perfectly justifiable to simply borrow the money from the central bank and use it to pay for the wall.
Sounds like a Republican idea.

Splitter
Pro
Pro
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 11:45 pm
Location: Manitoba

Re: TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT TO PAY FOR THE WALL!!

Post by Splitter » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:29 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:17 am
Splitter wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:28 pm
Seems to me that if $25 billion dollars in currency just left the country and is no longer in circulation, and the government has an upcoming project which will cost $25 billion dollars, it would be perfectly justifiable to simply borrow the money from the central bank and use it to pay for the wall.
Sounds like a Republican idea.
No, Republicans want to raise taxes to pay for it...try and keep up!

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4738
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT TO PAY FOR THE WALL!!

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:32 pm

Splitter wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:29 pm
Firedome8 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:17 am
Splitter wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:28 pm
Seems to me that if $25 billion dollars in currency just left the country and is no longer in circulation, and the government has an upcoming project which will cost $25 billion dollars, it would be perfectly justifiable to simply borrow the money from the central bank and use it to pay for the wall.
Sounds like a Republican idea.
No, Republicans want to raise taxes to pay for it...try and keep up!
AKA cut entitlements!

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7206
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT TO PAY FOR THE WALL!!

Post by pdq67 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:33 am

You know, I'm all for cutting entitlements because the last time I looked the only ones I am getting are such things like Hwys and Schools that my own tax dollars pay for!

Where do I sign up for all these FREE entitlements?

pdq67

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3767
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT TO PAY FOR THE WALL!!

Post by Ken0069 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:27 am

pdq67 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:33 am
Where do I sign up for all these FREE entitlements?

pdq67
You can sign me up for this one because the "free" shit they say I'm getting now ain't free!!!

I PAID FOR SOCIAL SECURITY for over 43 years so it's mine to start with!

I PAY FOR that piece of shit medical insurance (they confiscate it each month from MY check) called MEDICARE so it's not free!!

I PAY FOR that useless Part D Prescription Drug plan that doesn't cover half the shit I take so it's not free either!!

So where do I sign up for this free shit?? :-k
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3089
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT TO PAY FOR THE WALL!!

Post by RevTheory » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:30 am

It's not happening, fellas. We were born with "white privilege" whether you spent your life working your fingers to the bone or not.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT TO PAY FOR THE WALL!!

Post by Firedome8 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:28 am

I see MF who have no f job getting MRI and doctor visits with no co pay, one girl had 4 emergency room visits 2 ambulance rides multiple tests and no hospital bill,so ware do we start,, its no different than the f corp Welfair and probably cheaper, I agree its a problem but what is the answer.

j-c-c
Expert
Expert
Posts: 700
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT TO PAY FOR THE WALL!!

Post by j-c-c » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:02 pm

pdq67

You can sign me up for this one because the "free" shit they say I'm getting now ain't free!!!

I PAID FOR SOCIAL SECURITY for over 43 years so it's mine to start with!

So where do I sign up for this free shit?? :-k
I doubt there is anything here I can share that will change your mind about the above "bold" statement of yours being incorrect, I'll try:

1. It was a false "promise" (its not a real promise anyway) that you were led to believe, since its inception, that you were to put money in and you would be guaranteed to get "it" back out.
2. No elected official has ever had the courage to correct that falsehood.
3. The system is set up so those currently paying into SS are making the payments for those CURRENTLY collecting.
4. Because of the immense size of the program, there is a small cushion built up, but it would quickly evaporate if no one who was currently working was not paying into the system.
5. The money you paid in under false pretenses, likely paid for your parents SS
6. Your kids will pay your SS
7. As long as worker growth occurs, the ponzi system remains afloat.
8. Blame is to shared IMO by those that failed to clearly disclose this reality, and those benefactors that failed to understand how the lie was promoted.
9. When SS was first implemented, the retirement age was 65 ( there was no early retirement option), the average life expectancy then was only 63.
10. Because of much improvement in life expectancy, the system is under increasing severe financial strain.
11. SS was originally designed only as a safety net to primarily prevent old people from starving, not pay TV cable bills.
12. Most have the ability to collect significantly more from SS then they ever contributed, including accounting for interest/inflation, if they live to normal life expectancy, ie "free shit?"

Do your own homework to verify, and best if you use more then a single source, and filter out agendas.
Last edited by j-c-c on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

j-c-c
Expert
Expert
Posts: 700
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT TO PAY FOR THE WALL!!

Post by j-c-c » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:28 pm

pdq67 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:32 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:34 pm
"If the messicans weren't here, they couldn't send money back home, now could they!"

And just think of all the couch potatoes that could then find a job cutting lawns, picking fruit, doing roof work, etc, and then be able to get tax refunds on withholding taxes, collect SS, etc Boy, just think of all the unintended consequences, its mind boggling. Besides them Mexicans are too lazy/dumb to figure a way around, over, under, or thru any Great big beautiful wall an American can build.

Hey pass me another beer, this couch is just getting cozy.
j-c-c,

If Pres. Trump is fortunate to, "lower", the f** DOLE, then MAYBE a bunch of fat-assed, lazy CSer's just might have to go to work!!

That or do something illegal to support themselves because nobody is going to give them any money out of their own billfold to help support them. Now our f** Gov. might, but I won't!!

Remember here that I was taught that there are ONLY THREE WAYS to get MONEY!!

1. Work for it and receive pay for doing so;

2. Somebody gives MONEY to you; and

3. Do something illegal to get it!!

Nobody ever gave me anything except a ration of shit! And I don't like being locked up, therefore I have always worked for my pay!!

pdq67
I have always felt there are FOUR primarily keys to achieving "success', as I think success is a better goal then money, but still related:

1. Is luck, I mean real luck, the kind no human can change, a meteor, lottery, being born in the USA, etc. such that were we all have the same playing field on real luck, but some do win, some do lose.
2. Brains, which really is DNA, you can't control that, but plays a big part in why some people have great ideas/solutions/talent, that others don't, very close to real luck, no controlling who your parents are.
3. Effort, this is the biggie, includes education, sweat, training, practice. learning from your mistakes, learning from others mistakes, reading, etc, etc This one IMO can offset all the other three if one sets their mind to it, and is the most impressive and personally rewarding
4. Scruples This is cheating, fraud, taking advantage of others misfortune/bad luck, putting yourself before all others, stealing. lying, copying, Not flushing a public toilet, littering, pouring used motor on the ground, not following society norms to your own advantage, etc etc, need not be all or in the same degree. This one with little effort can allow one to possibility surpass easily any limits of the 3 keys above leading to "success". EVERYBODY is not exempt from #4, but often their success can be linked to this last key element in some way and to differing degrees. My life experiences have yet to prove me wrong.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT TO PAY FOR THE WALL!!

Post by Firedome8 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:33 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:02 pm
pdq67

You can sign me up for this one because the "free" shit they say I'm getting now ain't free!!!

I PAID FOR SOCIAL SECURITY for over 43 years so it's mine to start with!

So where do I sign up for this free shit?? :-k
I doubt there is anything here I can share that will change your mind about the above "bold" statement of yours being incorrect, I'll try:

1. It was a false "promise" (its not a real promise anyway) that you were led to believe, since its inception, that you were to put money in and you would be guaranteed to get "it" back out.
2. No elected official has ever had the courage to correct that falsehood.
3. The system is set up so those currently paying into SS are making the payments for those CURRENTLY collecting.
4. Because of the immense size of the program, there is a small cushion built up, but it would quickly evaporate if no one who was currently working was not paying into the system.
5. The money you paid in under false pretenses, likely paid for your parents SS
6. Your kids will pay your SS
7. As long as worker growth occurs, the ponzi system remains afloat.
8. Blame is to shared IMO by those that failed to clearly disclose this reality, and those benefactors that failed to understand how the lie was promoted.
9. When SS was first implemented, the retirement age was 65 ( there was no early retirement option), the average life expectancy then was only 63.
10. Because of much improvement in life expectancy, the system is under increasing severe financial strain.
11. SS was originally designed only as a safety net to primarily prevent old people from starving, not pay TV cable bills.
12. Most have the ability to collect significantly more from SS then they ever contributed, including accounting for interest/inflation, if they live to normal life expectancy, ie "free shit?"

Do your own homework to verify, and best if you use more then a single source, and filter out agendas.
My mother collected SS for 25 years she was a nurse at the county home for 30 years,,my father collected SS for 11 years he worked at dentists supply for 43 years. I am not counting on it .

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 7206
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT TO PAY FOR THE WALL!!

Post by pdq67 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:30 am

I think that this, "free shit", I keep yammering about is this!

You are broke so you get, "free shit", up until THEY figure out that THEY can't give it to you, then THEY change the plan and stop giving you that, "free shit", you never paid for!

How far off am I??

BUT you have to be POOR and BROKE to get any, "free shit", while THEY are still giving it out!

Are you broke? I'm not so I don't get any, "free shit", but rather I just get to pay for it!

NOW, why the, "free shit", in the 1st place?? That's to buy VOTES so that those who decide who get's the, "free shit", get to stay in power! You know, in THEIR cushy public service JOBS that you and I don't have! That's why WE have to pay for all that, "free shit"!!

pdq67

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT TO PAY FOR THE WALL!!

Post by Firedome8 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:15 am

pdq67 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:30 am
I think that this, "free shit", I keep yammering about is this!

You are broke so you get, "free shit", up until THEY figure out that THEY can't give it to you, then THEY change the plan and stop giving you that, "free shit", you never paid for!

How far off am I??

BUT you have to be POOR and BROKE to get any, "free shit", while THEY are still giving it out!

Are you broke? I'm not so I don't get any, "free shit", but rather I just get to pay for it!

NOW, why the, "free shit", in the 1st place?? That's to buy VOTES so that those who decide who get's the, "free shit", get to stay in power! You know, in THEIR cushy public service JOBS that you and I don't have! That's why WE have to pay for all that, "free shit"!!

pdq67
I heard that

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4738
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT TO PAY FOR THE WALL!!

Post by sanfordandson » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:09 pm

Mexico will pay for the wall... #-o

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... order-wall

Take it out of the trumptards welfare checks.

lefty o
Expert
Expert
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:50 am

Re: TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT TO PAY FOR THE WALL!!

Post by lefty o » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:39 am

https://youtu.be/mE7kT44NtsQ
wonder how the liberals will turn that around!

Post Reply