The Beginning Of The End For obamacare!

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3417
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: The Beginning Of The End For obamacare!

Post by Ken0069 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:42 am

Trump Administration Proposes Expanding Association Health Plans
January 4, 2018
The Trump administration took the first step toward clearing the path for the sale of health insurance across state lines.

In another move toward dismantling the Affordable Care Act, the Department of Labor announced a proposed rule to expand the offering of small business health plans, also known as association health plans. The proposed rule will be published Friday.

Under the proposal, small businesses and sole proprietors would have more freedom to band together to provide health insurance for employees.

The proposed rule applies only to employer-sponsored health insurance. This would allow employers to join together as a single group to purchase insurance in the large group market.

The Department of Labor said this move would open health insurance coverage for millions of Americans and their families by making it more affordable for thousands of small businesses and sole proprietors.

By joining together, employers may reduce administrative costs through economies of scale, strengthen their bargaining position to obtain more favorable deals, enhance their ability to self-insure, and offer a wider array of insurance options, the DOL said.

As proposed, the rule would:

Allow employers to form a small business health plan based on geography or industry. A plan could serve employers in a state, city, county or a multi-state metro area, or it could serve all the businesses in a particular industry nationwide;

Allow sole proprietors to join small business health plans.


Under the proposed rule, small business health plans cannot charge individuals higher premiums based on health factors or refuse to admit employees to a plan because of health factors. The DOL’s Employee Benefits Security Administration will monitor these plans. (more here)
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6730
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Beginning Of The End For obamacare!

Post by pdq67 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:33 am

In other words Ken, there is no way in hell that WE are going back to the way it used to be before our GOV. screwed everything up!

Right?

pdq67

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3417
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: The Beginning Of The End For obamacare!

Post by Ken0069 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:41 am

pdq67 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:33 am
In other words Ken, there is no way in hell that WE are going back to the way it used to be before our GOV. screwed everything up!

Right?

pdq67
We're not going to get back there the same way we got here because we don't have enough votes in the Senate to do that!

What doing away with the mandate and the fine/tax for NOT buying ocare did was a first step in killing it piece by piece because it can't survive without the mandate and the fine/tax. But we've got to have "something" in place for ppl to buy as ocare implodes, hence this step in creating "other" plans, basically as in private insurance, which IS what we had before ocare. We just won't get there overnight.

Another positive with this new plan is the ability to sell insurance across state lines, which was never allowed even BEFORE ocare. This step will broaden the market and create more competition between plans, which hopefully will drive down costs.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1518
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: The Beginning Of The End For obamacare!

Post by Firedome8 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:10 am

Ken0069 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:41 am
pdq67 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:33 am
In other words Ken, there is no way in hell that WE are going back to the way it used to be before our GOV. screwed everything up!

Right?

pdq67
We're not going to get back there the same way we got here because we don't have enough votes in the Senate to do that!

What doing away with the mandate and the fine/tax for NOT buying ocare did was a first step in killing it piece by piece because it can't survive without the mandate and the fine/tax. But we've got to have "something" in place for ppl to buy as ocare implodes, hence this step in creating "other" plans, basically as in private insurance, which IS what we had before ocare. We just won't get there overnight.

Another positive with this new plan is the ability to sell insurance across state lines, which was never allowed even BEFORE ocare. This step will broaden the market and create more competition between plans, which hopefully will drive down costs.
What we had before the ACA did not work moron

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6730
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Beginning Of The End For obamacare!

Post by pdq67 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:35 am

Per firedome...

"What we had before the ACA did not work moron"

Seems like it did to me!

The poor got to go to the ER and we that had insurance picked up their f** bill because of higher premium payments, right??

Ken,

Is there anyway that you can find the article that a young lady put out back in the early 2000's or so about how BC/BS and our Gov. worked together to get us where we are now?

In other words, she documented the destruction of our then medical system for Gov. control with BC/BS's help!

pdq67

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2354
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: The Beginning Of The End For obamacare!

Post by RevTheory » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:53 am

I wouldn't be at all surprised. Socialized medicine is the far-left's Holy Grail. Just look at the lies they'll throw out there to keep it in place.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1518
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: The Beginning Of The End For obamacare!

Post by Firedome8 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:16 am

pdq67 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:35 am
Per firedome...

"What we had before the ACA did not work moron"

Seems like it did to me!

The poor got to go to the ER and we that had insurance picked up their f** bill because of higher premium payments, right??

Ken,

Is there anyway that you can find the article that a young lady put out back in the early 2000's or so about how BC/BS and our Gov. worked together to get us where we are now?

In other words, she documented the destruction of our then medical system for Gov. control with BC/BS's help!

pdq67
BS prior to the ACA if you had a health problem you had to go broke and in debt before you got help.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2354
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: The Beginning Of The End For obamacare!

Post by RevTheory » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:27 am

Now you go broke paying a ridiculous premium that covers a bunch of shit you don't need/want for a deductible you can't use. Is it really that difficult for you to grasp?

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6730
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: The Beginning Of The End For obamacare!

Post by pdq67 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:34 am

Per firedome above.

"BS prior to the ACA if you had a health problem you had to go broke and in debt before you got help."

I think this is what I'm talking about!

pdq67

User avatar
woody b
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1010
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Re: The Beginning Of The End For obamacare!

Post by woody b » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:50 am

Firedome8 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:16 am

BS prior to the ACA if you had a health problem you had to go broke and in debt before you got help.
Or....if you are former military you could go to the VA for treatment.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1518
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: The Beginning Of The End For obamacare!

Post by Firedome8 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:00 pm

woody b wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:50 am
Firedome8 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:16 am

BS prior to the ACA if you had a health problem you had to go broke and in debt before you got help.
Or....if you are former military you could go to the VA for treatment.
I go to the va they keep track of vets that were poisoned at camp Lejeune. But I have private ins . maybe I should sign on for more benefits just never did ,,,they helped me threw school and I appreciated that,,my degree gave me a leg up my hole life. Thank you USMC Semper Fi uhra.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5234
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: The Beginning Of The End For obamacare!

Post by 1989TransAm » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:48 pm

President Trump is going to let insurance companies sell across state lines. He may have already. This should lower the priced of premiums. =D>

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: The Beginning Of The End For obamacare!

Post by dirtracr5 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:29 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:48 pm
President Trump is going to let insurance companies sell across state lines. He may have already. This should lower the priced of premiums. =D>
This should have been done on day one. A step in the right direction.

User avatar
woody b
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1010
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Re: The Beginning Of The End For obamacare!

Post by woody b » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:12 pm

dirtracr5 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:29 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:48 pm
President Trump is going to let insurance companies sell across state lines. He may have already. This should lower the priced of premiums. =D>
This should have been done on day one. A step in the right direction.
I've always wondered why insurance sales stop at state lines. Not just health insurance, but many types of insurance. I live in NC less than a mile from the NC/SC state line. My auto liability insurance is valid in SC, but I have to purchase it in NC.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: The Beginning Of The End For obamacare!

Post by sanfordandson » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:19 pm

dirtracr5 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:29 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:48 pm
President Trump is going to let insurance companies sell across state lines. He may have already. This should lower the priced of premiums. =D>
This should have been done on day one. A step in the right direction.
Pricing needs to be brought in line also. Just read a story about the cost of a knee replacement. Can vary from $6500 to $40000. At one hospital the procedure varies from 11k-20k for the EXACT same procedure!

Post Reply