Sealed Hearings in Bundy Ranch Trial?

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Re: Sealed Hearings in Bundy Ranch Trial?

Post by sanfordandson » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:02 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:51 pm
So it is okay to shoot and kill the Bundy livestock?
If something comes on my land and the owner wont remove it its going to eat a carcano 6.5!

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:18 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:02 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:51 pm
So it is okay to shoot and kill the Bundy livestock?
If something comes on my land and the owner wont remove it its going to eat a carcano 6.5!
The Bundy family has been using the grazing land for over a 100 years.

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:23 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"The Bundy family has been using the grazing land for over a 100 years."

Seems to me that this length of time would qualify as homesteading it!

What am I missing?

Kind a like living with a woman for 7(?) to 10 years and she legally becomes your, "common-law", wife sort of deal..

pdq67

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:05 am

My point, we have the best court system in the world, it is not perfect, and it never will always follow your personal agenda. Constitution ain't too bad either. :D
Our Constitution is indeed excellent.

Our court system is as flawed and corrupt as is found anywhere in the world.
Ask any attorney how cases get fixed in our current system. It ain't very hard.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:34 am

David Redszus wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:05 am
My point, we have the best court system in the world, it is not perfect, and it never will always follow your personal agenda. Constitution ain't too bad either. :D

I only said we have "the best system in world"", I also said "its not perfect", and you did not mention a better less flawed court system in the world, was that omission intentional, or are is it your eyes, all court systems in the world are equally flawed and corrupt?

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:02 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:34 am
David Redszus wrote:

I only said we have "the best system in world"", I also said "its not perfect", and you did not mention a better less flawed court system in the world, was that omission intentional, or are is it your eyes, all court systems in the world are equally flawed and corrupt?
All court systems are manned by humans. Humans are imperfect in judgement and behavior and easily susceptible to persuasion, verbal or monetary.

Consider how many innocent people are convicted and how many guilty people are not.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:57 pm

"Consider how many innocent people are convicted and how many guilty people are not."

Good point David. Also how often politics enters the picture.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:33 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:02 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:34 am
David Redszus wrote:

All court systems are manned by humans. Humans are imperfect in judgement and behavior and easily susceptible to persuasion, verbal or monetary.

Consider how many innocent people are convicted and how many guilty people are not.
Stating the obvious to who's benefit here?

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:55 pm

What should be obvious is how many people do not know just how flawed and corrupt our judicial system really is.
Over the years, corruption has even reached the bench of the US Supreme court.
The 9th circuit court of appeals is a stand up comedy act.

Oh, did I mention the DOJ, the FBI, Special Prosecuters?

Splitter
Pro
Pro

Post by Splitter » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:12 pm

So the case was thrown out, does that mean they’re going to let that bum freeloader and his gang of hippies go back to squatting on public land? That would set a dangerous precedent, I think.

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:16 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:55 pm

What should be obvious is how many people do not know just how flawed and corrupt our judicial system really is.
Over the years, corruption has even reached the bench of the US Supreme court.
The 9th circuit court of appeals is a stand up comedy act.

Oh, did I mention the DOJ, the FBI, Special Prosecuters?
i think most people have a pretty good idea how flawed our system is, but are thankful that we arent like most other parts of the world where if you look at a cop or politician wrong they just shoot you on the spot.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:09 pm

Splitter wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:12 pm
So the case was thrown out, does that mean they’re going to let that bum freeloader and his gang of hippies go back to squatting on public land? That would set a dangerous precedent, I think.
You got it wrong the freeloaders are the illegals and legal immigrants that are draining our retirement funds of social security.
And besides the use of the words, public land, is just a misnomer, another lie.
Public land should all be offered as homesteading land.

engineczar
Guru
Guru

Post by engineczar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:14 pm

A quick history lesson for those who believe that there's usually two sides to every story.

http://danaloeschradio.com/the-real-sto ... undy-ranch

Splitter
Pro
Pro

Post by Splitter » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:38 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:09 pm
Splitter wrote:
You got it wrong the freeloaders are the illegals and legal immigrants that are draining our retirement funds of social security.
Homesteading is not a very productive use of the land. IMO, public lands should be leased to the highest bidder, the cost will then be such that the lessee is motivated to produce as much as possible, and that will benefit everyone by increasing economic activity and tax revenue as well as ensuring a stable supply of product, in addition to maximizing revenue from rent.
In Bundy’s case, the government charges a fixed rate which is probably well below market value, so why don’t they just pay it? How does the public benefit from these shenanigans? Their neighbours in the ranching community seem to have no problem paying their own rent.
And in all this turmoil, why have we not heard from any livestock producers associations? The beef lobby in the USA had no problem getting the government to close the border to Canadian beef when BSE was discovered in a single animal in 2003, and keeping it closed for an unreasonably long period. It little to do with safety, and everything to do with keeping margins up for beef producers. As of today, the beef industry here has still not fully recovered. They could certainly give the BLM a run for money, but have been silent on the Bundy case. That points to Bundy being in the wrong.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:51 am

Splitter wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:38 pm
exhaustgases wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:09 pm
Splitter wrote:
Homesteading is not a very productive use of the land. IMO, public lands should be leased to the highest bidder, the cost will then be such that the lessee is motivated to produce as much as possible, and that will benefit everyone by increasing economic activity and tax revenue as well as ensuring a stable supply of product, in addition to maximizing revenue from rent.
In Bundy’s case, the government charges a fixed rate which is probably well below market value, so why don’t they just pay it? How does the public benefit from these shenanigans? Their neighbours in the ranching community seem to have no problem paying their own rent.
And in all this turmoil, why have we not heard from any livestock producers associations? The beef lobby in the USA had no problem getting the government to close the border to Canadian beef when BSE was discovered in a single animal in 2003, and keeping it closed for an unreasonably long period. It little to do with safety, and everything to do with keeping margins up for beef producers. As of today, the beef industry here has still not fully recovered. They could certainly give the BLM a run for money, but have been silent on the Bundy case. That points to Bundy being in the wrong.
Yeah lease it to the wealthy. Problem is not all of us are and either have no or very small incomes, homesteading is for poor people. There is no productive use of millions of acres of locked up land period, national forests can be reduced to less that 1/16 of what they are now, that opens lots of useful land. And as far as leasing to the wealthy, that is how is already works, its called taxes, and way over priced housing.