Why Do Medical Expeses Keep Rising?

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Re: Why Do Medical Expeses Keep Rising?

Post by GARY C » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:14 pm

machinedave wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:03 pm
Today I went in to pay the bill for the annual physical that I had last month. There was a billing error that they corrected and said they would resubmit the claim to blue cross blue shield. I told the lady that I don't have BCBS anymore because my policy was eliminated due to Obama care and that I will be paying cash from now on. She informed me that they offer a 20% no insurance discount and she would send me a new invoice for $275 minus the 20%. Paying for the little things out of pocket helps.
Thats why a lot of people use health care savings accounts + a supplement policy but even the sub policies have gone sky high.

That was nothing thing that happened with ocare, they eliminated the gap insurance for the elderly, I think it was medicare/medicare advantage, this is why AARP was willing to push the bill, they are the biggest seller of gap insurance.

Actually they like all others or United Health Care, when it is all controlled by one group you can set prices at whatever you want and then just force people to buy it!

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:40 am

Actually they like all others or United Health Care, when it is all controlled by one group you can set prices at whatever you want and then just force people to buy it!
That certainly is one form of price control.

When we control the prices, you pay for it.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Lets not have any price controls, and then when they decide to raise an office call to say $5000. per visit and your monthly insurance bill is 2000. with a 100,000. deductible, don't complain.

machinedave
Guru
Guru

Post by machinedave » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:30 pm

If my doctor raises my office visits too much then I will find a new doctor.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:02 pm

machinedave wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:30 pm
You raise a very good point.

It is now possible to obtain surgery in other countries for a fraction of US prices. And they will throw in air fare for you and your family as well.

Eventually, the free market will prevail no matter what our government does.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:45 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:02 pm
machinedave wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:30 pm
You raise a very good point.

It is now possible to obtain surgery in other countries for a fraction of US prices. And they will throw in air fare for you and your family as well.

Eventually, the free market will prevail no matter what our government does.
Yeah cheaper prices because of a better way to educate the new Dr's. No hours of useless classes unrelated to the topic at hand. All time devoted to the learning of the new job, like it should be here. No surgeon needs classes on how to be a good anti trump demon strator, or classes on higher math etc. Besides they the students should have all those brain washing social classes all out of the way in high school. They should not be wasting time and money on unrelated classes in college or med school.