Rush Limbaugh is Wrong

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Rush Limbaugh is Wrong

Post by Ken0069 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:16 am

This is an opinion piece written by a person I read almost daily. Remember that I said it's an "opinion" of one person so keep this in mind if you read it!

Rush Limbaugh is Wrong – Alabama is Not McConnell -vs- Bannon, It’s Bigger…
November 14, 2017
CTH has attempted to stay away from talking about the Alabama ‘clown show‘, all of it, since we made our position clear long before the primary run-off race. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes etc.

My concern with the Alabama mess was a very simple MAGA issue: riding horses to polling stations does not establish a connection to the man or woman who hit the necessary alarm clock at 5:15am to pay the bills. Those are MAGA people. That’s the essence of the Trump coalition.

The MAGA coalition I know has never been predisposed to racism, sexism, nativism, or any other kind of “ism” or “ist”, because we’ve never been not busy. It takes time to give a rats-ass about bathroom police, social justice etc. Time and energy for that, who has it?

The current position of the epic fiasco was/is entirely predictable…. warnings, deaf ears, blah-blah-blah; water under the bridge. That said, the current race to the exits by all of the fly-by-nights (populist wallflowers) is embarrassing to see play out.

Factually, I feel sorry for Mr. and Mrs. Roy Moore… However, I don’t have a smidgen of sympathy for the noob-right financial opportunists: Steve Bannon, Laura Ingraham, Sebastian Gorka et al, or the political Roberts-The-Bruce: Ted Cruz, Mike Lee etc. Heck, I’m still waiting for the ‘Use El Chappo Money to Build The Wall‘ bill… I digress.

So why engage now? Well, today Rush Limbaugh weighs in in using the customary (passive aggressive/mamet principle) approach to frame the argument as: “The Roy Moore Soap Opera is Really About McConnell -vs- Bannon”. No, no it’s not.

I understand the frame of reference, why Limbaugh views it that way, but that’s not an accurate assessment. (read more)
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Re: Rush Limbaugh is Wrong

Post by RevTheory » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:21 am

This is exactly why I hope Moore wins. When the left pulls out all the stops and the establishment right turns their back, you know voting for the guy regardless of what they're saying is the right move.

Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru

Post by Dave Koehler » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:06 am

The moore thing.
While watching that gal cry on TV I told the wife something isn't right here. That is just too far out there.
It will be interesting to see the outcome.

I also told her this MeToo thing is getting out of hand.
It reminds me of a few years ago when the thing was to encourage students to out their teachers as child molesters.
It worked to get a few perverts. This part was a good thing.

However it also ruined many careers based on just being accused and the absolute belief in a child's testimony by those on a crusade.
What I am getting at is that even young kids saw some benefit among their peers or to please adults of jumping on the band wagon.

Unlike the academy awards just being nominated is a death sentence in a feverish do gooder atmosphere.

Hollywood.
I wonder if some of the men condemning such actions have really thought long and hard about their own interactions, real or as imagined.
The way it is going flirting and pick up lines will be grandfathered in there and every man with a couple of bucks will be cannon fodder.

This will likely fade away when the next cause celeb becomes media overblown and the cycle restarts.

It would be refreshing to get back to worrying about terrorists, unresolved mass murders and serial killers
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."

woody b
Expert
Expert

Post by woody b » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:14 am

I don't think for a minute that Moore done anything with the woman crying on TV. I also suspect that some of the accusations against prominent liberals are false too. What really ticks me off about the false accusations are the harm it will do to real victims.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:17 am

Yeah, everyone's a victim now. This shit's getting old and I sure hope they (liberals) overplay their hand, big league! :D

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:47 am

RevTheory wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:17 am
Yeah, everyone's a victim now. This shit's getting old and I sure hope they (liberals) overplay their hand, big league! :D
The United States of The Offended!
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:12 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:21 am
This is exactly why I hope Moore wins. When the left pulls out all the stops and the establishment right turns their back, you know voting for the guy regardless of what they're saying is the right move.
Now we have the alt-right trumptards willing to vote in a pedophile.

Is this the bottom for the alt-right or can they go lower yet? #-o

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:35 pm

Sandy, I know things like due process are a complicated thing for you to wrap your crayon-eating brain around and I'd certainly never expect you to even partially understand the political tactics of Saul Alinsky so I take your comments with an "awe, sandy..." little smile.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:41 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:35 pm
Sandy, I know things like due process are a complicated thing for you to wrap your crayon-eating brain around and I'd certainly never expect you to even partially understand the political tactics of Saul Alinsky so I take your comments with an "awe, sandy..." little smile.
So you can go lower is what your saying? :lol:

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:57 pm

I agree Ken, there are a lot of things in play here. I made my statement on the subject in another thread.