Woman Says Alabama Senate Nominee Roy Moore Sexually Assaulted Her When She Was 14

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Re: Woman Says Alabama Senate Nominee Roy Moore Sexually Assaulted Her When She Was 14

Post by GARY C » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:27 am

Hannity on Tuesday said he would give Moore "24 hours" to provide evidence that he did not engage in sexual misconduct with teenage girls, or he should step aside from the race.

Moore then penned an open letter to Hannity on Wednesday, in which he denied several of the allegations against him and argued they are politically charged.

Hannity during his Wednesday night show said "we got the answers" and that he trusts the Alabama voters to "make the best decision for their state" once they have all the facts.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Re: Woman Says Alabama Senate Nominee Roy Moore Sexually Assaulted Her When She Was 14

Post by David Redszus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:34 am

What is the legal age of consent?
In the 12th century, Gratian, the influential founder of canon law in medieval Europe, accepted age of puberty for marriage to be around 12 (girls) and around 14 (boys) but acknowledged consent to be meaningful if the children were older than 7.[4] There were authorities that said that consent could take place earlier. Marriage would then be valid as long as neither of the two parties annulled the marital agreement before reaching puberty, or if they had already consummated the marriage. Judges sometimes honored marriages based on mutual consent at ages younger than 7: in contrast to established canon, there are recorded marriages of 2 and 3 year olds.[3]

The first recorded age-of-consent law dates from 1275 in England; as part of its provisions on rape, the Statute of Westminster 1275 made it a misdemeanor to "ravish" a "maiden within age," whether with or without her consent. The phrase "within age" was later interpreted by jurist Sir Edward Coke as meaning the age of marriage, which at the time was 12 years of age.[5]

The American colonies followed the English tradition, and the law was more of a guide. For example, Mary Hathaway (Virginia, 1689) was only 9 when she was married to William Williams.[6] Sir Edward Coke (England, 17th century) "made it clear that the marriage of girls under 12 was normal, and the age at which a girl who was a wife was eligible for a dower from her husband's estate was 9 even though her husband be only four years old."[3]

In the 16th century, a small number of Italian and German states set the minimum age for sexual intercourse for girls, setting it at 12 years. Towards the end of the 18th century, other European countries also began to enact similar laws. The first French Constitution of 1791 established the minimum age at 11 years. Portugal, Spain, Denmark and the Swiss cantons initially set the minimum age at 10–12 years.[7]

Age of consent laws were, historically, difficult to follow and enforce: legal norms based on age were not, in general, common until the 19th century, because clear proof of exact age and precise date of birth were often unavailable.[7]
Wikipedia

Doing a little fact checking, my father was 14 years older than my mother. It was considered quite normal for the male to be significantly older than the female in order to have become an established provider; women demanded it for financial security reasons.

When did it become necessary for me to marry an old hag that is just as old as I am?
Hefner would not approve.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 am

My dad was 10 years older than my mother... The difference back then is kids were raised to be adults. By 14 most boys could run the family farm or business for the most part and a girl could do the same as well as raise a child now days your lucky if they can hold a job by 20.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:52 am

Looks like Sean Hannity went a little to far with Judge Moore. I am glad to seem him back down somewhat and agree with him that it is up to the people of Alabama to decide. Personally I think this whole thing is a setup and the Republican party is in on it. No outsiders allowed in Washington and that includes President Trump.

I am seeing more and more that the signature in the yearbook may well indeed be a forgery. Also it appears that the original mans name was Ray, not Roy. There are also increasing reports of money being exchanged for some of these women to testify and some glaring holes in their statements.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:48 am

The left pulls this shit every time. Remember when they drug up lies about Romney pushing a gay kid down and clipping his hair or whatever? Turns out it was another complete fabrication but not until the media blasted America with it for weeks. Newt had multiple affairs while his wife was dying. Santorum is a crazy, religious extremist who wants women barefoot, pregnant and walking next to the buggy. Rick Perry is a blatant racist. Mitt Romney hates gays and let a woman die of cancer so he could make millions. On and on and on; every election cycle.

They're actually getting slimier- if that's even possible. And the demoncRATS circle the wagons to protect someone guilty as hell but the RINOS scatter at even a hint of an allegation.

And then there's the media: where's CNN and all of sandy's alt-left troll outlets talking about Menendez banging underage hookers while in congress!

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:48 am

RevTheory wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:48 am
And then there's the media: where's CNN and all of sandy's alt-left troll outlets talking about Menendez banging underage hookers while in congress!
I dont watch CNN but i decided to do a quick google search for you since you're not smart enough to figure it out. :lol:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/13/politics/ ... index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/16/politics/ ... index.html

Guess the judge doesnt even want it brought up....lol

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:34 am

I guess our troll can't tell the difference between something posted on the website a time or two while not digging into all the allegations and wall-to-wall coverage and wild speculation over allegations that came to light under very suspicious circumstances while doing everything possible to tie it to Trump and how Republicans are racist, sexist, every other "ist" they can make up and pedophiles.

Sounds about right. Hence the name "moron".

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:48 am

RevTheory wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:34 am
I guess our troll can't tell the difference between something posted on the website a time or two
Oh there was many more than a time or two. I didn't want to post them all and overload your simple mind... :lol:

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:42 am

Oh lordy- another democrat. Think they'll demand he immediately step down? Will it get wall-to-wall coverage or will it get buried or blown off as a vast right-wing conspiracy?

Think sandytroll would have started a thread on it?

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/16/woman ... ium=Social

Joking aside, this shit's getting old and I'm a little concerned that women are coming out of the woodwork because apparently it's now popular to be the "victim" of sexual assault and I fear we may become numb to it so the women who actually have been assaulted don't get the attention they deserve.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:57 pm

They all want their 15 minutes of fame and a payday. If Gloria Allred is involved you know it is a sham.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:56 pm

Ivanka is on board.
Ivanka Trump has weighed in on the allegations of sexual assault and misconduct against Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, claiming that she believes the accounts of the women who have come forward.

“There’s a special place in hell for people who prey on children,” Trump told the Associated Press Wednesday in an interview. “I’ve yet to see a valid explanation and I have no reason to doubt the victims’ accounts.”
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/ivan ... 54065.html

lefty o
Expert
Expert

Post by lefty o » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:03 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:56 pm
Ivanka is on board.
Ivanka Trump has weighed in on the allegations of sexual assault and misconduct against Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, claiming that she believes the accounts of the women who have come forward.

“There’s a special place in hell for people who prey on children,” Trump told the Associated Press Wednesday in an interview. “I’ve yet to see a valid explanation and I have no reason to doubt the victims’ accounts.”
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/ivan ... 54065.html
guess they should throw him in jail, ivanka is on board. do you ever hear yourself? ivanka is on board, must be good enough for a conviction! you sure seem to be okay with franken because he apologized after being busted, with photographic evidence showing he did what he is accused of, but you want to hang a man based on.......................... yup so far nothing. prove it, then hang him.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:24 pm

lefty o wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:03 pm
guess they should throw him in jail, ivanka is on board. do you ever hear yourself? ivanka is on board, must be good enough for a conviction! you sure seem to be okay with franken because he apologized after being busted, with photographic evidence showing he did what he is accused of, but you want to hang a man based on.......................... yup so far nothing. prove it, then hang him.
You sure make alot of ASSumptions..... :lol:

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Lady that got Moore banned from an Alabama mall tells how it happened.

http://abc3340.com/news/local/people-wh ... -roy-moore
Janet Reeves, tells ABC 33/40 she began working at the mall in 1978. She had several jobs there including, working at Orange Julius.

“We knew, that Roy was, we considered him as teenagers the creepy old man that roamed the mall, trying to talk to the young girls,” Reeves remembered. “He kind of stood out from everyone else because we was always wearing dress clothes, dress slacks, a button down shirt, nice shoes.”

We asked Reeves if she was concerned at the time.

“In the culture in that time, in those ages, we just kept quiet about those things,” said Reeves. ”And he was the district attorney.”

Reeves now lives in Florida, where she says she is a registered Republican. She says she sometimes votes for Democrats and considers herself in the middle.
A registered republican even! =D>

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:49 pm

The manager of the mall said it never happened. [-X